TT92's and SAVA's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westinghouse

Reaction score
Went down to Pro Honda last week to get some TT92's and they called the supplier who said they are no longer in production, and they have been replaced with SAVA's. They were going to cost about $130 each. Anybody know if it's true about the TT's and are the SAVA's any good?

I dont think so Dunlop is ment to be the main supplier in Australia next year as Bridgestone is pulling out of making 12" tyres. Well thats what i was told...

TT92's
front $90
rear $110 any more and they are ripping you off.

Never tried sava's but i've heard good things.

ooh sorry i missed your calls fell asleep :)

I haven't heard anything about the TT's going out of production, and I know a few shops that have had orders receied in the last couple of weeks. If not try a set of GT 301's. They are available as they are the control tyre being used buy the Metrakit's this year and next year.

ive ran savas and they kill dunlops in my book and ill be runnibng them on mty new rx187

Do these Tyrese that you buy from a bike shop ie the tt92 gt301's fit 2.15 front and 2.5 rear rims or you need bigger rims, thanks

They fit those rims davis thats whats everyone is running well most people anyway...

Ok cool thanks for that, are the tyres from say dhz or the cst slicks from eBay n e good??

Ok cool thanks for that, are the tyres from say dhz or the cst slicks from eBay n e good??

I think "you get what you pay for" applies here... They'll get you around a track, but don't expect them to be sticky ;)

Hey Davis, Im not sure about either of those Tyres I have a Super Inova in my shed unused but its hard to tell how sticky it would be because it has like a coat of crap over it that you have to run em in before full grip...But Last time i went down to the track i was running with Vee rubers and Dave was running tt92's they both seemed pretty even i recon the tt's got more heat into them though.

But from just starting motard i have found their are really 3 main things in motard you need to learn. they are:

1. You can only go as fast as your tyres will keep traction so try to spend more on them and less on little things. Their are the upgrades that take seconds off your laptime then their are the upgrades that takes the 10th's off.
2. Adjustable suspension even if its not top of the range stuff try to get some mate it makes the biggest difference.
3.Gear make sure you get some decent gear first time i rode motard i was in tadie boots, pants and a Ducati jacket and i went pretty good but didnt want to let go. the next time i was lucky enough to try my mates new race suit and boots and you feel so much more safer letting you go harder. It looked like all of a sudden i had 10 hrs of riding during the week i found myself hanging off the bike so much more and going for it harder as well...

Its not all about being quick in a straight line its that corner speed that you need to focus on and thats what im focusing on...

Also my mate will be running the Cst slicks soon on his bestie 160 :p so ill let you know how that goes mate ;)

Hope that helps a little bit.

Cheers
Samuel.

Good post Sam! +Reps
ITs amazing what an underpowered bike can do around a corner compared to a beast with a zillion HP...The same speed if they are both set up and on the same tyres.
I think yesterday was a good example in showing that Sam.
A worked Dayona 125 compared to a stock lifan 125, 2 half ok riders and no difference difference in corner speeds, just the daytona pulls hard down the straight.

yeah i know the feeling,
i was always faster on a 600cc than a 1000cc, purely on corner speed,
and lets face it, going fast around corners is way more fun than fast in a straight line
i have a friend who is a straight line hero ha

This was the battle. it was good fun and im sure there are more to come Barnsed.

motardpractice260410053.jpg

Start with the basics and what you can comfortably afford.As your skill level increases upgrade not much point in having all the gear and no idea.

Do these tyres work with tubes or are the tubless only??

I think I'll get some runs from say dhz wack them on my atomik 125 and see how I go. I know it's not the best but it's a start right?

Do these tyres work with tubes or are the tubless only??

I think I'll get some runs from say dhz wack them on my atomik 125 and see how I go. I know it's not the best but it's a start right?

They can certainly run with tubes... You'll find a lot of sellers actually bundle them with tubes :)

I'll be testing out some CST slicks at some point, but from what I've heard they are fairly shocking... I can live with a little sideways action, I've been riding for 18 years, wheeee!

Stick some decent tyres on the Atomik (I personally wouldn't bother with Innova's or CST's to learn on as you're not going to eat the more expensive tyres while you learn) and get stuck in... You'll find initially that you aren't pushing hard enough to warrant upgrading most parts. Once you improve you can look into getting some trick suspension etc... Good luck! :D

thanks, i will def look into it

does anyone know where to get the good tyres in sydney? any good bike shop?

any one here tard it up at the wollongong track ?

Latest posts

Back