uh oh

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah my crack isnt that big. I guess after the ride 2moz ill have to sort something out

Thanks guyz

It will probably fail in a big way tomorrow and you will have no option. I wouldnt ride too far from your transport as pushing the bike and carrying the engine will suck balls if you need to go too far.

My crack is tiny compared to that. Im sure it will be fineeeee lol

Big50.com shows how to help prevent cases from cracking . Hit on the pics to enlarge them ..

Big 50 Race and Retro Parts

I need to do this too, as the engine mount bolt fits perfectly through the frame but is too small for the engine mount, would something like garden hose do the job or will I need something more solid like steel tubing?

well it survived today ! haha but ill have to get it fixxed soon

nope

and i was riding threw huge puddles n shit aswell

I need to do this too, as the engine mount bolt fits perfectly through the frame but is too small for the engine mount, would something like garden hose do the job or will I need something more solid like steel tubing?

Yeah , garden hose or plastic would absorb the shock and would be good for a cradle frame ...... A steel tube / sleeve spreads the load so that it can't concentrate in the one spot (aka stress riser) to start a crack and would be better in a non cradle frame where the top mount takes ALL of the load .... So in that case you want to restrict all play to eliminate hammering .........

If you look at the pic of the GPX in the Pitster cradle frame ... you'll see that the top mount has split quickly and suddenly from a big impact ... yet the rider was a skinny lightweight guy . IF the top mount was configured like a rubber and steel shock bush ... it would have absorbed the shock and the case fracture wouldn't have happened ......

why not just get it covered under warranty, surely its still covered after only 3 months

atomik.

worst customer service ever.

My mate was going to buy a bike like mine frm there but now ive told him not 2 so they just lost business.

use moto putty!
it will fix ur case instantly!
u can get it from Ballards.. type them in google... search there website and its like 15 bucks! easy fix

yea but will that stop it cracking more ? or just fill the gap

Latest posts

Back