Uni filter or pod mushroom"?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a Uni Filter will be a lot better than that paper element one.
the paper ones tend to let a lot of dust through still and wear out you piston, rings and bores prematurely.
it will also cause a lot of dirt/oil/carbon build up in your combustion chamber, top of piston and around your valves
38mm Genuine UNI Filter TO Suit PIT Dirt Mini Bike ATV | eBay

have a look at rotn50s' threads showing the damage the paper/mesh element filters do too-
http://www.miniriders.com/mini-chat/36945-dusted.html?highlight=dusted
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/40579-got-dust.html?highlight=dusted

Last edited:
Last time I checked there was a lot of carbon build on the piston and around valves, can I scape it off? Haha I baught that one because every time I rodeon light rain or mud my air filter would get drenched :/

Probably looks like that because I had to ride it to work (about4-6ks) without a air filter when I first baught the bike because I ripped the uni one to bits in the scrub about 1km there hahah and said f it I'm not gona be late :/ anyway, I baugtandhis pod one and used another uni but It kept getting drenched. So i use this one because it's tougher and won't rip like the uni ones, aswell as the cover for mud and rain witch has made riding in mud and light rain actualy possible! Would it be okay to use a length of rubber pipe to position a unI filter-under my gas tank s it's more protected and won't rip/ get wet ? This is for a pitpro 125rr btw

Last edited:
i dont know if it'll work on your bike or not
make sure the pipe wont suck it's self closed

i have a 1200mm long snorkel and oiled foam filter fitted to my sons Dune Buggy, that works well with the standard jetting in the Keihin copy carb.
i used some flexible agricultural type drain pipe for it.

I'll give it a go anyway, and yeah I'm thinking of using the same stuff.. Got some in the shed, duno if it will be the right size tough..

What kind of oil can I use? All I have arou d is chain and bar oil for my chainsaw.. I've been using it as chain lube because I ran out, just pour some on a cloth and wipe my chain over.. Would it be okay for the flicker ? Or to thick? It's for a saw.. So im thinking it shouldn't be too thick.. Seing as its ment to fling off the chain on a saw.. Not sure about breathable on a filter though, my mate always says oil is oil .. That's why I ask haha :)

Mate go to the store and buy some air filter oil. While your at it get a can each of chain lube and chain clean. It sounds to me you are really running the gauntlet

Latest posts

Back