upgrade to 125cc (big wheel)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny A

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at this bike for my grandson.
125cc THUMPSTAR MOTORBIKE DIRT BIKE MOTOR PIT BIGFOOT SDB-125A-BW ORANGE (ebay)

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

He has been ridng a 70cc Atomik for a couple of years now so I'm looking for size upgrade.
I take him to the MX park in Kenilworth Qld once every four to six weeks, so the bikes are not getting a huge amount of work. He has now adanced to the intermediate track which means the speed is up and the jumps are more serious.

Like every one I am on a budget...and this bike looks great

Any advice is welcome.

Cheers

The smaller pictures with the details on the different parts on the bike dont match the photos above.. bikes got USD forks in one set of pictures and then has convetional forks in the little pictures ..

Two different motors pictured
3 completely different rear shocks pictured
2 different carbi's pictured
3 different frames pictured
ones got braded brakes line and the other doesnt.

looks like the usual ebay gamble , noname..

yep you wont get any good news from me either...

for a fraction more you can get a heaps better bike...

Yep id stay away. Would end up fixing its weaknesses more than riding....

I would stay well away from that bike. Looks like too much trouble and too many upgrades needed.
This is something that would be a great step up from a 70 for a young bloke.

DHZ DPRO 125

I would stay well away from that bike. Looks like too much trouble and too many upgrades needed.
This is something that would be a great step up from a 70 for a young bloke.

DHZ DPRO 125

Exactly the bike i was thinking...definately better value straight out of the box. A bit of loctite, fresh oil and it would be a winner on a budget.

honestly iv got a mate who's got one of the bikes i posted up and he's only dropped the oil changed the bars and used lock tight and its lasted 4 months now and its got lots of go too so I can defo recommend it and at 750 bucks its a steal

That's fair enough.
I got a DHZ 125 as my first bike 3 years ago. Raced it twice before an upgrade to something faster.
The 125 gets ridden very regularly and is still going strong. Never had 1 issue.

For the price the motorworks does compare better than the first POS. But still i would go the dhz for the extra money. All comes down to peoples experience on what they recommend. Ive seen these and they go well. Havnt seen a motorworks so cant really comment. But from just looking at pictures you can see the quality differential. Looks lower but you always get what you pay for....

thats a fair enough opinion but the motoworks is the bike i would choose over the ones in the same price rang and plus its a big wheel so its the same size as a yz80 just missing 10hp but the 4t helps when trail riding. its a bike that last he for a while just do the prep and your good to go

Thanks for the replies.
I'll go with the DHZ 125 as I can get it through a local Qld dealer. (supplied and predelivered running for the same retail price.)
That's a far better option over the ebay gamble plus postage and no backup support.

Thanks again.

^ good decision man, its well worth it! another bonus is the parts used on the DHZ are a standard for pitbikes and replacement parts are so easy to get!

Latest posts

Back