Ute Project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no_crf50_here

Reaction score
Project bike transport.
1 x 1985 Hilux Xtra Cab ute with history.
4wd front guards, 17" Ford steel rims, 15yr old SAAS steering wheel & 3Y motor with 350000km on it. Now this isn't a project that drags for months, it a project that lasts (insert an icon of a guy crossing everything on his body) about ten days. So stay tuned and enjoy the ride. Enjoy with out the bog & paint dust...heheh

Day one - 1.5 hr work by one person.
The old girl before she was rolled into the shed.
Day1_0.jpg

Day1_1.jpg

Just 1.5 hrs after the arrived in the shed.
Day1_3.jpg

A bit of cancer found but nothing like what a 22 year old car should have.
Day1_2.jpg

Last edited:
Day 2 - 7-8 hrs work by two people

Cab has been sanded and undercoated/high filled/primer puddy everyone calls it different stuff.
Day2_0.jpg

then with guide coat applied
Day2_1.jpg

Ute will be just basic gloss black with clear coat. No perls, no bullshit just nice and clean. Whole project should be finnished for under $400. If anyone is intersted i'll list what i had to buy/use to complet job. Notice that i'm in a dust proof room that is well vented! hehehe

Day 3 - Sand tray, yippee wonder how long it is before i get over this part. Won't be putting a hole lot of effort into tray as i'm looking for a 4WD tray in reasonable condition (ANYONE???? ) Also need some new front windows & quater vents if anyone has some.

4hrs in on day three
Day3_0.jpg

I'm really happy....
Day3_1.jpg

Not happy with the inside of the tray, may just endup blackjacking & getting a rubber mat. After all it's going to be used every other weekend to haul my bikes around.
Day3_2.jpg

Ok not happy with the tray I spent another 2hrs rubbing it all back and here is the result.
Day3_3.jpg

Last edited:
let me tell u it brought a tear to my eye when i seen her stripped .looked like pete was running a small scale chop shop(if u want a hand with the compliance plate let me know lol)

ill be ova today some time to drink beer and watch u sand lol

Project bike transport.
1 x 1985 Hilux Xtra Cab ute with history.

A bit of cancer found but nothing like what a 35+ year old car should have.
Day1_2.jpg

Love what your doing with the old girl,but I'm pretty sure 1985 would make her 22+yrs old unless my maths teacher lied to me all those years ago!! lol..

Well because i live near ipswich i just stuffed chicken wire & news paper in there and bogged it up.

YES it was fixed properly, cut out plated & miged up.

Last edited:
nice little project cant wait to see it finished good work no_crf

i might do a thread like this with my car mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's a nice project, It will come out good.

mind saying how much you bought it for?

Too keep this neat i've edited day three and added photos so far.

^^^ I'm a very happy boy gettin the ute back, yes it used to be mine many years ago. It's come home.

Last edited:
l0l looking great mate and geez its only taken u 3 days and its taken me like 4 months to do my vlt l0l

Latest posts

Back