Ute Project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good man.

So what plans you got for the motor, im sure you will be wanting to get at least an extra few more kilowatts at the wheels.

An ls1 or ls2 would be of the hook.

Will be keeping the stock powerhouse for now.
Can't see the point in putting a big motor into it when the stock motor is still going.. Be it slowly - but going. Have been thinking about a Holden V6 conversion from Pat Gardner but that'll come when and if it's REALY required. Please see attached the massive hp readouts from back when i USED to own the ute. First one is std motor & exhaust, second is with free flowing exhaust and a good tune.

hiluxdyno.jpg

dyno2.jpg

Impressive huh!

thats impressive. and i like what u have done. get a cd player and a couple of speakers and it'll be awesome:D

..dont really need a very good donk just 2 carry bikes around. i dont think its meant to be a show car?

well....u might as well chuck a supercharged 351 clevo in there. yeh sick have the motor worth 10 times as much as the car lol

reece how do you know its a easy conversion done a few have ya ????

and the rest of you children bit past your bed time isn't it??????

as for what engine ......3y all the way pete and if u put a tray on it ill disown u!

nope but my sisters ex done it in his hilux 4wd
and he knows jackshit about cars

put that miserable dyno sheet away pete
wouldn't you much prefer it to look like this
vandyno.jpg

not sure what it has now with the newer motor in it, havn't even finished fitting the new motor yet so only time will tell.

conversion is already done
no point in changing motors to something else now is there
it was almost to much power with the old worn out stuffed motor so not really chasing more, just a motor that isn't stuffed.....

Day 4 - 1.5 hours work with grahams help. Starting to see some great results for the effort. Altho after starting to rub back the guide coat i'm finding heaps of tiny little ripples in the paint. It's time to either lower my standards or grow fond of sanding. Think the latter is the only way to go. I can't wait to see some color go onto the pannles.

Only a small amount of work got done today cause it was dam hot. Computer tech no like physical labor!

Last edited:
The v6 conversion is a good one(ecotec engine is best to use,espec:supercharged version)but as custom said the toyota 1UZFE 4L quadcam is the ultimate way to go,heaps more power from pretty much the same size engine and with the renowned reliability of a toyota.

Latest posts

Back