v2 head advice..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub_88n

Reaction score
hey guys,

tomoro morning im going to get my new v2 head from dhz to go on the z160... now i ride trails and tarding (happy now Mini?)...

any advice you can give me about installing the head, what cams to use (i was thinking s35 but others have told me s25) any help on that would be great...

also i was talking to sean01 last night and he said 'a little honing wouldnt hurt' not i dont know what that means nor do i know how to do it....

so yea if you could shead a little light and ideas, im happy to hear wat you have to say...

cheers Nick

Last edited:
hey guys,

tomoro morning im going to get my new v2 head from dhz to go on the z160... now i ride trails and thats about it...

any advice you can give me about installing the head, what cams to use (i was thinking s35 but others have told me s25) any help on that would be great...

also i was talking to sean01 last night and he said 'a little honing wouldnt hurt' not i dont know what that means nor do i know how to do it....

so yea if you could shead a little light and ideas, im happy to hear wat you have to say...

cheers Nick

I know how to hone :D and i have a small engine hone...

change your style to trails AND tard and ill be more than happy to help out.

155cc+ the s35 will make more overall power , but a little less bottom end then the stock s25 style cam. all from what ive read.
I never noticed much of a bad bog down low on my setup with a 26mm oko , but a awesome mid-topend. with a 28 it would be a pretty brutal kick up top i reckon.

never experienced the stock v2 cam tho.

the tb cams are about $90 i think ? if you wanted to experiment.

155cc+ the s35 will make more overall power , but a little less bottom end then the stock s25 style cam. all from what ive read.
I never noticed much of a bad bog down low on my setup with a 26mm oko , but a awesome mid-topend. with a 28 it would be a pretty brutal kick up top i reckon.

never experienced the stock v2 cam tho.

the tb cams are about $90 i think ? if you wanted to experiment.

yea i was thinking of tyring out both the s25 and s35...

i hav a 26mm oko by the way if that info was needed...

I have the s35 in my bike and it lacks nothing down low what so ever.. I recomend s35 for sure.
when installing the rockers make sure you put the pins in the correct way.notched out section faces outwards.They are a pain to remove if in wrong as they are not internally threaded like the factory ones.
Use plenty of lube on all the parts.Keep plenty of rags handy. Have all your tools clean and ready to go before you start.
On the tb cam you install it with the 2 cam bolt holes at 3 and 9 o'clock and the little non threaded hole you put at 6 o'clock

hey guys dhz didn't hav the TB v2 head in stock....

so bought a taky head instead for a few extra dollars, I throw some pics up when it arrives hopefully Monday at the latest...

and turns out I'm in need of a KLX 110 cam cover any year model... so if any1 has one give me a bell I dnt care wat it looks like I'll take it...

cheers guys

hey guys dhz didn't hav the TB v2 head in stock....

so bought a taky head instead for a few extra dollars, I throw some pics up when it arrives hopefully Monday at the latest...

and turns out I'm in need of a KLX 110 cam cover any year model... so if any1 has one give me a bell I dnt care wat it looks like I'll take it...

cheers guys

i got a few covers i dont need anymore blue normal one or red billet one i get pic of them if ya want

alright time for an update...
ill add photos at the end

so the takky superhead arrived yesterday along with the S35 cam, today i got to work pullin off the old head, removing a few rocker arm sleeves etc and then installing it all on the new head...

after about 5-6hrs learning how to put it all together and installing it all we (jordancurrie and I) finally got it all together valves done and everything...

trying to kick it over was an ABSOLOUTE bit** i rekon i tried atleast 30-50 times before i got it to roar, then thats wen the probelms started.... i could hear a tapping noise thinking my valves had come loose like when i installed the new z160enigne, didnt think much of it at the time, so i let it warm up and took it for a nice gentle ride down the street and back and i could still hear it, then i noticed that oil was leaking out of the cam cover!!

i stopped the engine and had a look at the cam cover and notice it had a fairly nice crack right through the midddle of it :eek::confused::frustrated:

anyway so i put it back in the shed and let it cool and dropped the oil and noticed there was a shite load of metal shavings on the mag sump plug not good... when all the oil was drained i took the cam cover off and noticed that the automatic decomp was etching its own little groove in the cam cover...

so now im on the prowl for a cam cover that wont have the same problem.... Andy from DHZ reckons a KLX 110 any year model will solve this problem... so hopefully wen one arrives i wont have this problem...

long story short i need a KLX 110 cam cover and i learnt a ver valuble lesson today!!!

pics soon

you need a cam cover like this
klx-camcover-small.jpg

lucky you didnt brake the decomp off the cam

Last edited:
oh mate should of said something before you did something ..

daimojay did the same thing and broke the decomp mech straight off . the one i bought off him

need a stock klx cover

you need a cam cover like this
klx-camcover-small.jpg

lucky you didnt brake the decomp off the cam

yea do you know where i can find a cam cover like this???

oh mate should of said something before you did something ..

daimojay did the same thing and broke the decomp mech straight off . the one i bought off him

need a stock klx cover

yea lucky i didnt snap it off!!! thank god its still there... no wounder it was so friggen hard to kick

the one i was using snapped the mech off , but it still worked all good without it , just wasnt decomp anymore lol..

looks like it did some damage .. i probably wouldn't run the decomp if its removable .. they where actually designed for klx110's which have abit different cam sprocket design .. and are known to fall to peices while running on china cam sprockets* , which will make abit of damage .

and the s35 bleeds off heeps of compression , and is fairly easy to start just after TDC .

There is a adapter to make it work properly with the china cam *sprockets* , but i cant find it for the life of me atm.

here is the one daimojay broke , worked fine on my bike . looks dodge lol

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/wogtaz/18122009171.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/wogtaz/14122009167.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back