v2 head advice..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yer that is what you need to run the taky decomps with china cam sprockets.

Pain in the ass because its in america . you mite? be able to run a stock klx cam sprocket which you could get abit easier .. but i have never heard of someone using one on a china so not sure if there would be problems doing that.

this is a stock klx cam sprocket .
which the taky decomps are designed for , you can see there a fair bit different .
Have heard of them failing alot on china engines .

How much did you get all the gear for if you dont mind me asking.

DSC_0239.jpg

yea well im using pretty much all my old gear off my z160 head except for the cam and rocker arms...

um for the head and the s35 decomp was 670$

pretty good deal!

come to think of it you couldn't use the klx cam sprocket because they run different type cam chains.

well i would advise not running a decomp or getting that piece from the states to be sure.

It basically makes the yx/z cam sprockets shaped like a Klx110 cam sprocket , which is what the cams are designed for.

from what i can tell the klx sprocket fills the gap inside the decomp mechanism . which stops the pins or whatever falling out.

without it , it will fail sooner or later.

It basically makes the yx/z cam sprockets shaped like a Klx110 cam sprocket , which is what the cams are designed for.

from what i can tell the klx sprocket fills the gap inside the decomp mechanism . which stops the pins or whatever falling out.

without it , it will fail sooner or later.

yea fair enough... well seeing as it doesnt even have any oil in it at them moment its going no where fast especially with no cam cover....

so i might buy that next week some time cheers woggy

no no no , you need the klx cover for it to clear .

But you need that adapter for the decomp to actually WORK properly without falling to pieces . as the Chinese cam sprockets are different to klx110 cam sprockets.

And the cams where designed to be used for klx110 cam sprockets NOT chinese . but that adapter allows you to use it on china engines.

So you can run the cam cover that came with it with the adapter? Is that what I'm interpreting correctly I'm confused?

i think what that adapter does is, it stopped that pin inside the cam from falling out and causing heaps of damage, but ive never heard of it falling out but on the other hand it wouldnt hurt to hav that adapter on anyway i guess

another question woggy:
does it replace the adapter that cam with the cam??? or does it go on top some how???

I have never had the parts in front of me so im not to sure . there has been threads about it on planetminis i will try and find later .

but compare the pictures (the adapter / and a kxl110 cam sprocket )

the adapter is bolted to the china sprocket to make it basically a copy of the klx110 sprocket . (the bit that the spanner is on) so you should be able to work it out from there with the parts in front of you i would assume , there must be a reason for that square bulge (that the spanner is on) which is basically what the adapter replicates.

01-08-0007-med.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

just got a new v2 with 184 kit and iam not impressed with the qaulity of this one it dosent look half as neat as my other one or as snappy :(

woggy man i my computer has farked itself over so i cant upload fotos...

ill just take ur word for it and get that adpater thingo...

cheers guys for all your input and help!!!

cheers

ok bit of an update...

so i put the klx110 cam cover on it... did my valves and filled her up with new oil...

it kicked 1st go, and so i put it in 1st got about 10m and i start to hear a ticking noise, then soon after theres a bike TICK look down to see the brand new cam cover has split in 2!!! and pouring out with oil...

so i take the now covers off and see that the decomp component that is on the out side of the cam sprocket has fallen apart, the screws for the cam sprocket hav been ripped out and bent, and the cam chan is snapped and i cant pull it out???

so now i think im up for a new cam since the thread from one bolt are still in there and i cant get them out, and a new cam chain and obviously a new cam cover that i have already ordered a 2nd....

i have NO IDEA why this happened and how i can avoid it after i figure out how to get the cam chain off etc...

sounds like you didnt double check the cam cover clearance and de-comp setup again..

you have to remove the chain tensioner and magneto/stator plate to remove/replace the cam chain..

you'd wanna be hoping that theres no valve damage going on too.. check the valve clearances.
obviously too much clearance means a bent valve.. hope not tho

Latest posts

Back