valves at .005??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've pulled new engines down and blue checked the valves and seats and found them to not be sealing all the way around ... During mass production machined parts are just slapped together without checking if the valves are sealing properly ... The only way to be dead sure is to hand lap each valve into its respective seat ... then check the sealing with bearing blue ...

Compression leaking through the ring end gaps also makes a hissing sound ...

Single cylinder so both adjusted at the same time. Is it loud when the engines hot, if it is you could tighten the gap a little. Just remember a little valve noise is good, lets you know they havnt closed up...

Yeah i re-adjusted last night and once the bit was running at tempreture they were still making noise. i think that it is still slightly to much noise. i think will tighten them a little more.

What exactly is the sound, from the lifters. are they slaping on and off the top of the valve???

Yes ... and on the cam lobes ... Thin engine oil also increases tappet noise ...

Latest posts

Back