VCM 2014 Series

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of an update for the round at Pakenham yesterday, Im sure Kosta will do a full report but here goes..

We turned up early to set up and walk the track........ Wasn't much to see as the track was basically just a cow paddock hehe, this would have to be the least exciting track that VCM was held on , don't get me wrong was still awesome to get amongst it but grass flat track racing isn't for everyone..

However it was a very very fast track (at least for everyone but me =/ ) I def struggled as I hadn't ridden my 12" for about 3 months or more and it showed.. at least I was consistent, consistently last all day lol =)
I think its time for a motor upgrade as everyone but me was on a big bore 184 or Daytona 190 and my lil old 160 was pushed to its limits to try and keep up, I honestly don't think it would have made much difference tho as I was way out of form, my fitness and lack of riding lately showed even my 6 yr old boy was un impressed saying and I quote " Dad do you want me to take your governor out your riding really slow " Bahahahha :bike:

Anyway the boys were super fast and had some great battles all day... Buzz Bikes had a strong hold on the day once again with Buzz Bikes Jack " The Kid" Hilli Taking out overall 1st in A grade, followed by Our very own Kosta in a near 2nd and Buzz bikes Chris " Jnr" Bedford taking out 3rd for A grade, the boys rode really quick on this track and was awesome to see !

B Grade was taken out by new comer this year Buzz Bikes Chase Collins, With his I believe first 2nd ever Zach gave James Cini a real run for his money , Ive seen Zach from the get go and his riding has really improved, the kid is getting quick and a well deserved 2nd for the day.. James Cini ( Ciniworx ) took out 3rd in B Grade for the day.

It wasn't a massive turn out unfortunately which is becoming a bit to common for our series, hopefully the last round at Stoney Creek will bring better numbers and next year will be some more faces join the ranks to get the gate numbers up like they were a couple years ago..

The VCM series needs our support with dwindling numbers at recent rounds creating some doubt on the series continuation.. We aren't getting any younger and priorities change so we need to get some of you younger guys involved, most of us just ride for fun and are a bit nervous of getting into the racing but in reality the series is just a bit of fun and I erg you fellow miniriders to come check it out, you don't have to be fast or jump big you just need to come have a crack and most of all have a great time as that's what minis are all about!!, Our Vet Kosta informed me that after 4 years of not missing a round and being heavily involved with the VCM organisation including all the scoring for each round is going to have a much needed break and focus on his family... bitter sweet to hear from me as I respect him very much , he has been a big part of VCM for me personally and I will be sad to se him missing from the gate, anyway I gotta earn some bread so ill try and get some pictures and vids up soon and hopefully Kosta chimes in with his regular race report

Nice write up. You know my go man. If i had the money id be there. Thats shattering to hear they are questioning it as im dying for a 2015 season. Ill be so disappointed if there isnt.

It'll be a sad series without Kosta :( I sincerely hop to make it to a few next year as it is the best race series iv'e been involved with, mind you at my age everything is "vintage"... Cheers for the write up Roy, spewin i didnt make more this year, but with a new business and child to boot funds are nearing NILL :( Up N up so they say, next year will be bigger and better than the last :) Now to go out and make some cash so i can line up for a few next year.

Thanks Roy much appreciated man.
To be honest i was shattered when i arrived and looked at the track all i could see was tall tusk grass.
But in the end it made for some of the best racing ever. Racing against James was awesome fun and in the second and third race i reckon we changed places around 3-4 times. So that was the best racing so far.

Its a shame to hear that Kosta and James are biting the bullet but with 4 years riding they need a break.
But seeing that the buzz bike ranch is opening soon. It will hopefully bring new people to the sport.
But the track looks amazing cant wait to ride it.

Awesome race report Royza, and thanks for the kind words fellas. :grinning-smiley-003

Mind if I put the write up on the vcm facebook page Roy?

Go for it old mate ill embed it here once your done, again mate you will be truly missed by me and the other boys, you are a great inspiration to us all and your character is second to none, a true gentleman and top bloke

Another good guy leaving , definitely another big loss
Always smiling at the races Kosta & easy going , very rare blokes these days

Kosta is one of the nicest blokes I've met in my life, full stop. That's why I have always let him beat me at the track. Seems all the Cini boys are selling their bikes and moving on. Yasoo

Yeah it happens

but 4 years and for me 12 years of living breathing and eating pit bikes something gotta give
it's time for someone else to take the rains
but wont be gone forever i now kosta will still ride and he will get itchy and need to race sooner or later.

my desire has changed massively i've barely riden this year and looks like i wont even be in melbourne next year so my attention has moved from me to family.
however we will always be miniriders and once i get set up my plan is to have my own track on my own property. it will take time but i'm gunna do it.

well done to kosta and james for their support of miniracing over the years and i wish you all the best with your future endevours.
Now lets go riding it's heaps of fun when you dont HAVE to race.

Not to far Royza

Short term Echuca but will end up in Kyabram i think at this stage. somewhere around there.
after about 30-40 acre block in that area.
bit closer to the river and my olds. better lifestyle. i'm over melbourne sick of the concrete and the crack heads.
time for a change

Not to far Royza

Short term Echuca but will end up in Kyabram i think at this stage. somewhere around there.
after about 30-40 acre block in that area.
bit closer to the river and my olds. better lifestyle. i'm over melbourne sick of the concrete and the crack heads.
time for a change

Sounds like what iv'e just done, without the property (but got beach frontage instead) don't think you'll regret it mate. Took a massive hit to the wallet to do so and the funds are still going the wrong way, but for the lifestyle and the less stress i couldn't give a ****, i'm not going back to the schity :)

thats it dude
I'm lucky i'll stay with my parents until we find the house we wanna buy
our house down here can pay for itself for a while untill i need to sell it

should be good though hey i'm hopeing work can get me a transfer up there so i should have a job to walk into it just wont include the car. but thats ok i'll go and buy an ss ute for a bit of fun

Sux to hear Jase , like I said we all have lives outside minis and family and jobs. And general life gets in the way , I'm sure even if we're not all racing we can still get amongst it and support the scene either way , at least I got to see some of the greats including yourself and many others doing minis proud , maybe it's time for some newcomers to step up

Go for it old mate ill embed it here once your done, again mate you will be truly missed by me and the other boys, you are a great inspiration to us all and your character is second to none, a true gentleman and top bloke

Another good guy leaving , definitely another big loss
Always smiling at the races Kosta & easy going , very rare blokes these days

Kosta is one of the nicest blokes I've met in my life, full stop. That's why I have always let him beat me at the track. Seems all the Cini boys are selling their bikes and moving on. Yasoo

Yeah it happens

but 4 years and for me 12 years of living breathing and eating pit bikes something gotta give
it's time for someone else to take the rains
but wont be gone forever i now kosta will still ride and he will get itchy and need to race sooner or later.

my desire has changed massively i've barely riden this year and looks like i wont even be in melbourne next year so my attention has moved from me to family.
however we will always be miniriders and once i get set up my plan is to have my own track on my own property. it will take time but i'm gunna do it.

well done to kosta and james for their support of miniracing over the years and i wish you all the best with your future endevours.
Now lets go riding it's heaps of fun when you dont HAVE to race.

Awww damn guys, ya got me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.:handshake:

Yes after 4 years without missing a round of VCM, I'll be taking a break. I'll still be riding mini's as it's too much fun to go cold turkey, just cut back on the racing.

Anyway, 1 more round to go next Sunday 9th Nov at Stoney Creek so get your entries in asap! I've been informed there's camping at the track too.

See ya's there.

this community is definitely like a big happy family but with competition, its a shame that i havent been able to meet phil, but from what ive heard/been told your top bloke, and i'll take their word for it!!
hmmm whats this i hear coolie boy? your gunna come visit i hope :p not me tho... the old girl! :p lol
when i met kosta and james at the undera round, i was really glad to put the names to the faces even coolie :) yes it was brilliant conditions for a beginner at undera!! :p lol ahahah yeah but roy boy and heck, just everyone that is in this community, are good mates, yeah i know we've met once or twice, but to me your all family, ohh sh!t im tearing writing this, im not the bloke who dose often.
look i really hope to catch all of you sometime later down the track whether its a ride day or at vcm next year!
Keep em pinned lads!!

Will be completly different without kosta there. Hopefully still see ya at the ranch. Hopefully they dont stop the class in vcm due to the last rounds turnouts. I know myself and quite a few others a counting down the days till next year. We will do points and facebooks and stuff if needed.

Latest posts

Back