VCM - Victorian Classic Motocross Series 2011

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach88

Reaction score
OK everyone is asking me for details so here it is. Please keep in mind I am simply repeating what I hear form people in the know. I cannot answer all questions but I will try my best to get the answers for you. If MXGIRL comments all information from her is correct/up to date. Not all information I get comes straight from Ciniworx or VCM so I may give out incorrect information, I will not answers any question I'm unsure of as I don't represent either companies incorrectly. There for keep in mind no information is directly from them. Ra ra DON'T SHOT THE MESSENGER.

Okay here we go:

Rnd 1 confirmed, Traralgon mx track groomed to suit vintage mx May 29
Rnd 2 confirmed, Yanakie mx track June 12
Rnd 3 to be confirmed, July 17 possibly Barrabool
Rnd 4 confirmed, Broadford natural terrain August 14
Rnd 5 to be confirmed, possibly yanakie mx track or natural terrain track September 25
Rnd 6 confirmed, Stony creek natural terrain November 6
Alright now how do you get in on these races:

All riders must join VCM Registry if planning on racing in more than one round. This is not just for trophies etc. this is to support the organisation. This also registers your race number so if you have not registered you will not get any points for any races or be counted. Only a couple numbers left under 100.

All riders must be member of one of the invited clubs as Day club membership may NOT be offered at all rounds. There website: VCM

You will need to join an invited club. I am not 100% sure of the invited clubs but they are on the entry form. Join one of them. Once in a club you can get an MA license.
Coolie write's: all gippy centre mx club is invited also oakliegh, or east malvern moto club
With an MA license you need to keep your training hours up. Reefy holds coaching days and he is qualified MA coach... BUT I have never asked him directly like this but I will confirm this with him. It would be a good idea to get to his coaching days(He will update us on MR when he is having another)
Coolie writes: you only need to do so many hours of coaching if your a junior. note junior riders can not ride in senior classes so these races will be aged 16yo and over

Okay, you can enter these races with no MA license and club membership. You will need to get a day license and pay day member ship, plus the race fee. Roughly $110 per race. Costly! If you have an MA license with an un-invited club you can still use your MA license, but you will need to pay the day membership fee.

STRICTLY NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED.

There is just one big class. it run what ya brung. If enough show we will split it in to two classes.

4 or more races per round.

Big wheel set ups accepted too. (Cheater wheels!)

Entry form

I'd like to thank Ciniworx - Eddie and Shez for setting this up with VCM. Thank you to all the people at the VCM for getting a good laugh out of us racing and taking us on for another year of racing. Thank you to Chris Nickleson for providing all the current information and helping advertise these events.

ALSO HOPEFULLY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON THIS SITE FOR COMING RACING IN THIS SERIES.. you all better be there as every mini event NEEDS all the support it can get. We need less talkers more do'ers! If you complain there is no racing I will break your teeth... there is racing.. PLENTY.. NOW GET TO IT!

I will keep everyone updated in this thread as each round comes along..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

More info/links that maybe helpful -
Facebook event page
Victorian Classic Motocross - The Classic Motocross Register of Victoria
entry form
Motorcycling Victoria: Home
I don't have links but if your in Vic become a member of DMCC - Dandenong motor cycle club.

Last edited:
Round 1 29th May

Taralgon Motocross Track

Not the best pic, but gives you an idea.

Last edited:
Good job Rach. Should be a great series.

I will definately try and get along to a couple, not to race but to get some pics.

Ha ha cheers coolie for your add ins! I wasn't really sure on a lot of stuff so yeah just tried to give as much info as possible.

Will be good to see some new faces at these and would be good to be getting more interest... I expected to come on here and it be flooded with excitement LOL like 4 people asked for this info to me directly and now they don't even seem interest? Hrmmm come on people.. you're all shatting me!

so i have to join a club no if's or buts if i want to race??

so i have to join a club no if's or buts if i want to race??

No there is almost day member ship which is 10 dollars. So if you are coming from another state and have an MA license you would just pay race fees and day member ship. But i talked about being part of a club so people would join them and get an MA lisence with them.

So NO you do not need to be a member of a club. But you need to have an MA license, club membership and if you dont have them you WILL HAVE TO PAY A DAY FEE FOR THESE THINGS.

Does that make sense? sorta hard to explain how I want to explain it ha ha

Im interested just trying to get the missus to get sum holidays and I might have two seats avaliable if u r willing to split fuel and I have room for one bike

im already in vic mate but cheers for the offer

do you have to race at every round or can you just ride one off

Sorry but im a little confused on cost and i really want to race. how much would it cost for on day all up if i have no MA licence and not joined with a club etc...?

Thanks Mitch

It does say about $110.00 does it not or cant i read either

so if your going to race all rounds club membership and an ma license will be worth while but if your only gunna do one or 2 rounds then pay the coin

yer dont worry you can read. i read that to but i just wanted to be sure. unfortunately its just a bit to much for me

so

i got the chance to ride this track yesterday with the traralgon mcc and i tell you what we are in for one hell of a treat.
there's some sweet tabletops one is 35ft the big one is about 70 and so nice to hit

we did a couple of practice sessions after the races and the track held up awsome even with the a+b grade riders taking to it all day. and the vintage guys blade it dead flat for the old suspension so it should be sweet.

see ya's there

I'm not going to race it, but I'm going to come down and watch/take photos so I'm happy to give a few people a lift down so they can at least see what happens and get the idea of it all, then maybe race next time.

But yeah kurri kurri weekend after I will be getting my bikes ready for that :D

Then the weekend after that is the second round of the vcm series.

Also note there is a change about vcm member ship in the first post here is the added info:

All riders must join VCM Registry if planning on racing in more than one round. This is not just for trophies etc. this is to support the organisation. This also registers your race number so if you have not registered you will not get any points for any races or be counted. Only a couple numbers left under 100.

All riders must be member of one of the invited clubs as Day club membership may NOT be offered at all rounds.

I was just getting pumped about racing this year after my first ride in dirt this year, and then looked at the dates and saw that I have an exam the day after round 1 and then I'm up at Finke for round 2. :( Should be able to make the rest of the rounds though!

Latest posts

Back