VIC Riding Spots

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2007 Southside Mini SX !!!!

After the success of the 2006 Yamaha Mini SX earlier this year at the Frankston BMX Venue, Southside Promotions have decided they will make it happen all again on the 13th of January 2007.

This will be a race not to miss. Racing starts at 4PM and will finsh under lights !

Entrys will be out early next week.

13th January 2007
Frankston BMX Track, Old Wells Road Seaford, Mel Ref 97 J10

MiniSXposter.jpg

Sounds like a great event should have heeps of people turning up specially at $20 a head ...WOW children under 5 free ...........Considering frankston BMX track is free to the public all year ,Out of all the sick tracks in victoria like westgate and whittlesea broadford track they choose a Bmx Good onya lads ........The frankston bmx track was built for local kids to enjoy there BMX sport not for promoters to come along an chew it up and profit from an event .....Will the promoters give back to the track, or will they destroy it and walk away and leave the people of frankston to fix there own track ........
OH yeah you should also let people know that frankston is in melbourne they seem to have the pricing down pack how about getting the state were its being held right .......

Sounds like a great event should have heeps of people turning up specially at $20 a head ...WOW children under 5 free ...........Considering frankston BMX track is free to the public all year ,Out of all the sick tracks in victoria like westgate and whittlesea broadford track they choose a Bmx Good onya lads ........The frankston bmx track was built for local kids to enjoy there BMX sport not for promoters to come along an chew it up and profit from an event .....Will the promoters give back to the track, or will they destroy it and walk away and leave the people of frankston to fix there own track ........
OH yeah you should also let people know that frankston is in melbourne they seem to have the pricing down pack how about getting the state were its being held right .......
Well 120 Fly, What do YOU do for the sport?
You should have really looked into this before mouthing off about this Event. As being apart of Southside Promotions, I'm going to answer your Questions in a calm manner.

1. We think $20 is a resonable price for 6 hours of Entertainment. Lets compare prices with other events shall we? To watch a game of Local Football it will set you back around $10, a movie ticket cost for an Adult cost $15, a Crusty show will cost an Adult $80, a national Supercross will set you back $40 for an average seat. So we think having a night with the Best Mini Racers along with some top Factory Supercross and Motocross riders in Australia, Crusty Demon riders Sincs and Bilko, along with Matty Mcferran putting on a WORLD class Freestyle Display, $20 is a ressonable price.

2.We choose a BMX track because it resembles a "Mini Supercross TracK. Why would we run a MINI bike event on Motocross track like Broadford and Whittlesea. Have YOU seen any of these tracks. A mini bike would not get around them. As for WESTGATE being an awesome track? haha It has been gone now for 5 years and was one of the sandiest tracks in Victoria.

3. Will we give back to the track? Last year we ran the same event and for your information we TRIPLED the Frankston BMX club annual income for the year. We rebuilt there track to there specs and they called US back and invited us back. It just happens that The club has a Major BMX meeting the following weekend and we will be completely Reshaping, resurfacing and preparing the track for the club as they dont have the man power in the club to get it ready for a major meeting. We have given the Club the catering so they can raise even more $$ than the Fee they Charge to have us.

4. As for the Poster, I apologose about that. We should design a separate Poster for Internet Forums, The one above is designed for Local shops and Bile stores. Everyone in the Souteast Victoria region know where Frankston is so we though it wouldn't be necessary.

So 120FLY i hope i have cleared everything up for you. If you have any thing else to say that bring the event down (the only Victorian mini bike race each year), Feel free and i'll do my best to help you out.

It's amazing that people who don't seem to know much about the sport try and shut down the people who support Mini Bike racing and are trying to help the sport progress.

Cheers,

Mick

Man you really are a dick..

Pretty picky person by the sounds of it. Mick is helping the sport out but you sit back and pick all these tiny things which can be resolved by Mick in an email, and he will fix it up straight away.. he wants to help the sport!

Well 120 Fly, What do YOU do for the sport?
You should have really looked into this before mouthing off about this Event. As being apart of Southside Promotions, I'm going to answer your Questions in a calm manner.

1. We think $20 is a resonable price for 6 hours of Entertainment. Lets compare prices with other events shall we? To watch a game of Local Football it will set you back around $10, a movie ticket cost for an Adult cost $15, a Crusty show will cost an Adult $80, a national Supercross will set you back $40 for an average seat. So we think having a night with the Best Mini Racers along with some top Factory Supercross and Motocross riders in Australia, Crusty Demon riders Sincs and Bilko, along with Matty Mcferran putting on a WORLD class Freestyle Display, $20 is a ressonable price.

2.We choose a BMX track because it resembles a "Mini Supercross TracK. Why would we run a MINI bike event on Motocross track like Broadford and Whittlesea. Have YOU seen any of these tracks. A mini bike would not get around them. As for WESTGATE being an awesome track? haha It has been gone now for 5 years and was one of the sandiest tracks in Victoria.

3. Will we give back to the track? Last year we ran the same event and for your information we TRIPLED the Frankston BMX club annual income for the year. We rebuilt there track to there specs and they called US back and invited us back. It just happens that The club has a Major BMX meeting the following weekend and we will be completely Reshaping, resurfacing and preparing the track for the club as they dont have the man power in the club to get it ready for a major meeting. We have given the Club the catering so they can raise even more $$ than the Fee they Charge to have us.

4. As for the Poster, I apologose about that. We should design a separate Poster for Internet Forums, The one above is designed for Local shops and Bile stores. Everyone in the Souteast Victoria region know where Frankston is so we though it wouldn't be necessary.

So 120FLY i hope i have cleared everything up for you. If you have any thing else to say that bring the event down (the only Victorian mini bike race each year), Feel free and i'll do my best to help you out.

It's amazing that people who don't seem to know much about the sport try and shut down the people who support Mini Bike racing and are trying to help the sport progress.

Cheers,

well i guess everybodies stupid sometimes and i will admit to being a dumbarse for saying what i did....

Last edited:
well said Mick. We don't need that sh[t carying on when Like u said it IS the only Vic mini race put on. I'm going and taking a REALLY big crew from Brisbane down. Bring it On!

Entries are availble now on fmxaustralia. The file was too large to upload here.

how id love to compete or watch to bad we dont have more people like you mick in newcastle organising 50s events on a anual basis ,some should organise an event like the nokia mx nationals only for 50s ,congratulations to your brother to mick on his win at the king of the coast!!

Just out of curiosity
i own a agb 29 with just air filter, and tyres as mods

is there a class i can enter?:confused:

cheers
dave

You are killing Mick and so is your Bro , you'll always have naysayers but anyone who knows the sport knows this event will be killer and will advance the sport AND the b.m.x club that's letting us rip the track up .
This is how it's supposed to be, my opinion has always been both sports can help each other out .

So yeah you are ripping mate anyone who has had anything to do with one of these events knows how much work is involved keep up the good work .

120FLY .....Yeah you were wrong ....totally wrong .

But you had the balls to admit it ....something you don't see on the net too much ....good move :cool:

Its gunna be a shame to miss this event. It will be quality

Man i hate those people that try and shut the sport down. not mant people are doing a job of trying to keep tracks open and races hapening. thanks to all you guys that help run and organise the races, you guys are heros.

Anyone no the exact webpage addres for the entry forms.
Cheers

melbourne-northern

Can anybody please give me some areas to go riding i live next to south morang bike track but it get boring s0o plz help ive already have been riding down the creek but its too risky n i dnt wanna get caught!!!

Last edited:
lets larf

Mick, Im ready 2 roll around larfing my arse off at a 50 race. Sussing out an entry n MA licence now. B worth the drive. :D

LEGAL places around melb?

Hey guys,

i live near dandenong in victoria, was wondering if there is anywhere near melb that i can ride legaly?

im thinking about getting my first pitt bike. i dont have my licence. i wouldnt mind driving for a while to get to somewhere where i could stay all day and ride etc etc.

cheers.

luke

Latest posts

Back