wat oil...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driftin_out

Reaction score
hey jst got my atomik bike wit a 125cc ducar motor.
its say to run Non Synthetic 10W/40SF 4 Stroke Engine Oil
can i run motul 5100 4T 10W40 which is a Semi-synthetic..
would this b ok to use or should i use sumthin else?

If you wanna stick with Motul, i would... Use 3100 4T that will get ya up and running:)

hehe i was waiting for someone to bite... probably you than anyone else

Iv used it since i bought my first china engine... no problems
When Pete was running SA Fun Bikes he ran it in all his competition bikes and all costumer bikes etc. He knows his stuff otherwise why would he sell it off the shelf and use it on his own bikes? lol

Each to there own, the majority of the boys will say to use castrol 4t... so probably best to stick with it if your new to the scene.

yeah i use motul 1000 MOTUL

some people have problems with synthetic oils some dont, i myself dont chance it because these engines are built on 20-30yr old technology..

full syn mobil one motorbike oil :) live by it, pull down so many motors that you could not tell had done 30hours done on it looked very unwarned, motul is shit, pulled down a few motors with it and cant it did the same job to mobil

is motul 1000 now branded as motul 3000?
called up a place today for 1000 and they said its called 3000 now

^^^ no, as fare as im aware its still motul 1000. and the link above proves it too..
somebody is having a lend of you, and just trying to make a sale. MOTUL

3000 would probly be ok still as it is mineral based, but it has alot more additives in it

yea i had a look on the site before i called the guys up
1000 seems to be a couple of dollars more expensive than 300
that being said, both are designed for integrated gearboxes so i'll just get 3000 as it the shop is closer than the one selling 1000

dont worry mate im not stealing ur thread just a quick question on topic:)
i got a 125 lifan and from this thread im thinking castrol activ 4t is the go?
cheers

castrol activ 4t is suitable for any horizontal china engine and im pretty sure its the go for the vertical china engine too

yeah well i got the castrol activ 4T 15W-50
seems prettyy good...
no smoke and smooth as..
thanks

Excellent choice for use in the Aussie heat mate ...

Some info on oil ...

Oil

The main thing you have to watch out for is friction modified or energy efficient oils which can make your clutch slip and mess up new engine break in ...

so at the end of the day is motul 3000 good?
or is the castrol better?
or the 1000 better?

Latest posts

Back