Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLOCOx

Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
they are BB Guns, have you ever been hit with a pellet at close range ?
those little nylon balls are travelling pretty fast, about 350 feet per second

one of the reasons they were banned was because they look so much like a real gun

Last edited:
Airsoft high powered.. Air rifle with chewed up paper in it :p WARNING may leave some bruises.... and penatrate skin and kill...
not that bad most of the time pretty random but

so its a bit like russian roulette, where someone might just die??
not really just different power depending on how the paper is wet and put in the barrel..
only good on a **** gun anyway dont want to make a nice barrel rust at all

Zac i think your thinking of something different. Airsoft uses a plastic 6mm BB in various weights. Not wet paper.
As people have said they are illegal because they can be used and made to look like really life like weapons.
Although you are still able to buy Airsoft in Australia they are only legal in WA. You are also able to purchase hunting BB guns that can be brought under a recreational license. This is the easiest way of being able to own a BB rifle.
Most people these days have given up on getting airsoft legal in Aus but there are still many groups of which i am in that are trying to get them legalised.
At the moment the closest thing to Airsoft is Nerf blasters. Dont let the kids on the box turn you away. Nerf guns can be modified quite heavily and to the extent that they will be lodged into skin from 20 feet away.
There are even some nerf guns that have been modified for hunting which can take down small animals such as rabbits and foxes.
I know what you are thinking. What how can a small bit of foam hurt that much. Well thats where you are wrong the ammo we use is in fact foam but with a hot glue dome with a fishing sinker in the center of the hot glue for weight.
cyn0H.jpg

The air powered blasters are much better for modifying as you can squeeze so much power out of them.

I have seen some nerf guns get upwards of 300fps fired through a fps calculator(Chroney)

So next time you think that nerf guns are kids toys just remember they hurt like a ***** when you get hit by a modded gun.

Cheers Zach

Back in my day.... They used to be called air rifles :) And i they were great for taking out crows, rats and if you were lucky a rabbit or 2. But unfortunately i wouldn't be calling to make these legal (even though they used to be from memory) whats to stop a plastic pellet being replaced by a lead one?

That's it timeeh. The plastic bb can be replaced with steel BBS and will still fire as the same velocity pretty much.

And i they were great for taking out crows

LOL cow's hey. They wouldn't even flinch.

I remember using chicken pallets in the air rifle and having battles. Was good fun but damn they hurt up close.

Old man also likes putting salt chunks in his and shutting up the barking dogs in the neighborhood without leaving a mark :)

Nah air soft with bows and arrows looks like damn good fun!! The gov here will never let ppl run around with guns shooting at each other!! Never in a billion years, bows would be a big maybe...

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Random Radness... post here

I just believe the laws are because they are replicas and look real metal ammunition would not work too well without a lot of modifications and the plastic ammo gets stopped by even baggy jeans

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back