what big bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what big bike?

• yamaha wr250f

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • honda crf250x

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • other

Votes: 17 26.2%

• Total voters

red_demon24

Reaction score
hey guys what big bike do you's reckon i should get it has to be able to be fully registered so yeah..
if you reckon i should get something else let me know cheers

Last edited:
even though i ride a honda i have to say wr250f, havent heard anything but good about them, and there like 3rd most sold dirtbikes in australia, first is wr450f

First of all what year models?
The 2004 Crfx is trouble if the valves are not fixed , it had serious valve ressesion problems and when you went for valve clearance checks there was never any valves in there to check. If you get a 98-02 wr250f make sure you know how to kickstart it , they have a decompression lever and requires a clearout , then bring kickstarted back to top dead centre then 20 degrees of compression lever then kickstart to the top take hand off decomp lever then kick over. It takes ages if you dont know who to do it correctly.
Either way I hope you like shed time and got a bit of money on hand , these bikes are expensive to maintain and watch for a big end bearing rattle to fix it will cost you $2000+
Gotta change the oil every 300km for optimum performance that means new oil filter. Must clean the filter before every ride otherwise your putting your engine in jepordy

hey man i prefer hondas but i had to vote other because i think a ktm300exc or sumtin else along the ktm line would be great for every style of riding wether its road riding trail enduro mx sx and motard so yeh ktm's the way to go the only down side is that it will leave a big hole in ur wallet hehe

wrf all the way! had one for 4 years untill last month when i sold it. only problem i ever had was fifth gear slipping. if youd seen the way i treated it you'd be surprised! my brother had it for two prior to me and never went easy on it either. it was an 02.
the decomp is easy to use, UNIT_MX makes it sound like rocket science. the whole time i had it i never had to kick it more than three times.
very regretfull sale but next bike will be another yamaha without a doubt.

hey man i prefer hondas but i had to vote other because i think a ktm300exc or sumtin else along the ktm line would be great for every style of riding wether its road riding trail enduro mx sx and motard so yeh ktm's the way to go the only down side is that it will leave a big hole in ur wallet hehe

Enduro bikes aren't meant to be riden on the road otherwise you will root the gearbox , no cushion drive and held at a constant rpm =bad. Never pretend a enduro bike is meant for the road.

I share your love for the 300exc:) but the 250exc is the way to go , never had a problem with mine and it sure beats a four stroke! Ktm= the only way to go , if it aint orange its a lemon

wrf all the way! had one for 4 years untill last month when i sold it. only problem i ever had was fifth gear slipping. if youd seen the way i treated it you'd be surprised! my brother had it for two prior to me and never went easy on it either. it was an 02.
the decomp is easy to use, UNIT_MX makes it sound like rocket science. the whole time i had it i never had to kick it more than three times.
very regretfull sale but next bike will be another yamaha without a doubt.

Nuh not rocket science but a pain in the ass , decomp levers suck when your trying to hillstart on a climb. You should clear out the motor first it clears out the motor , works alot better. Keep your decomp lever , ill keep my first kick every kick no decomp 2 stroke

what about a tm supermoto, heard they are pretty good that stuff, but the tm's are always good tho, they come with the best suspension you can buy........yadda....yadda. but they are pretty expensive

Tm's are good mate has a tm125 enduro smashes other mates yz125. But if your looking for road trail id go with the good ole xr400 :)

TM is freaking expensive...like everything from Italy...I would go with the new Kawa klx 250 for trailriding ...pretty decend and don´t cost an arm and a leg!!

hey guys thanks for all the answers and opinions a few people asked what year models so if i was to get a crf250x no older than 05 (cos 04 are the crap ones)
and with the wr250f no older than 04 and i sorta whant to stick with a 4stroke because i will be riding it on the road when i get my L's.
(my mate has a 03 ktm 200exc and his dad has a 07 honda crf250x and he says he should of got a 4stroke he reckons it just feels better to ride and smoother no on or off power)

(my mate has a 03 ktm 200exc and his dad has a 07 honda crf250x and he says he should of got a 4stroke he reckons it just feels better to ride and smoother no on or off power)

Thats what is so fun about 2 strokes and turbo charged applications.

heres a pic of the bike im looking at to give you a idea of what i want its a 2004 yamaha wr250f.
04Yamahawr250f.jpg

Yer im gettin a WR, the WR generally gets a better review than the honda. honda looks good too though, dont know as much about it.

is there any difference between a wr and wrf i know that wr is a 2 stroke but if you type wr250 instead of wr250f into trading post it comes up with 4strokes so whats the differnce between a wr 4stroke and wrf 4 stroke or are they just the same bikes people just don put the "f" on the end?

i like the WR's but i think it would rather the ktm 250 simply because of service schedules.

every 300k's for an oil change is a joke. especially for riding on the streets. if you rode you bike everywhere you might have to change the oil once a week!

a 2 stroke will last longer before it needs a service and all it will be is to change the rings

Latest posts

Back