What bike for me? PLEASE READ!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaNkD

Reaction score
Yo guys.. im looking for a bike i lost my licence so i need one of these cheap china bikes to get from a to b anywayz im a big dude 20 year old 6'3 105kg so im wondering whats the biggest "mini" bike? i herd PitPro 140XR? is this true? also how strong r these bikes can they handle BIG jumps from a person of my weight? anywayz im most likly gonna perchase this bike from ebay coz damm the bikes r cheap! like $400-$800 that im liking at the moment.. any advice on a strong bike for me? any ideas would be great nothing to expensive coz still keepin the car im not gonna sell a car for a bike lol..:D

if you plan on riding it on the road that is illegal and you will most likely end up getting fined, there is one bike that you could register thats the motovert rx which is $3000.

nah man dont worry how i will use it ;) an 3k is way to much its eigther i get one of these cheap mini's or a scooter an scooters r boring.. so yer?? more advice please otherwise i might as well get this Pit Pro 140XR :S

hi tankd welcome to the forum,

the pitpro 140xr will handle you no worries, for there price there a great bike
but as for big jumps with a 105kg rider not so good if you upgrade the rear shock and forks to some thing better made like fastace the bike should handle it

i thought i should say that the cops are really strict about pitbikes and pocketbikes on the roads i know you said ''dont worrie how i will use it'' and im not saying dont ride it on the roads cause i do from time to time im just trying to give ya the heads up that the fines are steep i just copped another one for $350 for walking the bike with the engine running i tried to sweet talk my way out which i kinda did instead of $850 he said ill JUST give you a $350 fine

anyways back to the bike the best advice i can give which i forgot to say is when you buy a chinese bike you should loctite all the main bolts cause on these bikes some are loose allready and cause the nuts n bolts are cheap they vibrate loose very easy

also your gonna have to buy hard compound tyres or buy road tyres cause the bse tyres that were on my bikes lasted 5 hours on the road

yer nah the cop part dont worry im in a sorta ruff area alot of ppl ride there bikes round the streets here an there plenty of lakes/parks/creeks to go through an the cops cant catch ya hence coz there in a car lol cops dont worry about the hole bike crap coz they cant catch us so they give up plus there more worried about drug busting etc, an yer i read about the bolts been reading alot of things on this forum.. :) lets hope we dont get off topic here though say a bike apprently goes 100kmph with my weight being 105kg (dont do steriods lol) whats that gonna slow it down to if i still hit 80 im happy..

trust me mate.. youll prob be doing 80.. but itll feel more like 110 becuase your on a small bike.. theyre great fun

140XR's dont go for 500-800 they usually hit just over a grand on ebay..
and forks and shocks will cost a fair bit to replace..
its worth working out how much its all gonna cost to get forks and stuff
then spend it on a better bike that come stock with better suspension

EXELNT POINTS

dont even look at anothr bike as you wont be happy i dont ride 1 but i have and for the buck there good

do as you have proply read in tech tips,IE the locktight and such

as for hitting large jumps yes you'll have to upgrade front and rear and id also look at your headset bearings ,upgrade as well

frame should hadle you no problems with right suspesion setup IE no bottom outs

tyres are a must ,bars and because or your height maybe larger risers as well
so u can get your knee's under

an IRK kit and slinger as because of your weight it wouldnt pull as hard as it could out of corners

so lets add all that up as a guess

BIKE:1,000 to 1,200
FORKS:300
REAR: 150
TYRES:100
BARS:80
IRK:100
RISERS:30

TOTAL:1,860

thats still a cheap bike that would do every thing you'd ask
only you dont have to do it right away u can do it as you can aford it

either way thats my 2 cent

cheers

hey sean congrats on being a moderator dude
as for the bike as sean said its gonna cost u that much (maybe more if u brake sumthing) u might be better off buyin an mso

EXELNT POINTS

dont even look at anothr bike as you wont be happy i dont ride 1 but i have and for the buck there good

do as you have proply read in tech tips,IE the locktight and such

as for hitting large jumps yes you'll have to upgrade front and rear and id also look at your headset bearings ,upgrade as well

frame should hadle you no problems with right suspesion setup IE no bottom outs

tyres are a must ,bars and because or your height maybe larger risers as well
so u can get your knee's under

an IRK kit and slinger as because of your weight it wouldnt pull as hard as it could out of corners

so lets add all that up as a guess

BIKE:1,000 to 1,200
FORKS:300
REAR: 150
TYRES:100
BARS:80
IRK:100
RISERS:30

TOTAL:1,860

thats still a cheap bike that would do every thing you'd ask
only you dont have to do it right away u can do it as you can aford it

either way thats my 2 cent

cheers

thats heaps man id go for a second hand kx 125 if i had that sorta cash..

hmm these crappy prox bikes (so ppl say) what they good for just riding? there goin for $650 for a brand new bike id pay that :)

1 went for $840 last sunday morning (brand new ofcourse)

i cant get any of them bikes there local pickup only an none of them are in melb..

i think if u spoke to them they would freight for u at ur expense

Latest posts

Back