what can i do to improve the performance of my bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
hey guys jus wonderin wat i can do to improve the performance of my atomik 125cc moto x without spendin a cent. and please no d***heads sayin 'oh its a china bike u'll never get anythin out of em' i kno that im just wondering if i can get a little more oput of it. dont cre what it takes as long as its free.
Cheers guys

Carb/cam/exhaust/ork/porting/bigbore you can do just about anything you want to them...What 125cc engine is in your bike? there will be a code like 1p52fmj or the likes behind the gear selector on the engine case.

Nothing costs nothing mate, maybe the cheapest thing is an iridium NGK spark plug and coil, uni filter and gearing depending on wether you want better top or bottom power.
Or you could just ride down some big hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Port match your inlet manifold.
Smaller front sprocket not zilch but cheap as chips.
Valve clearances set correctly.
Tuning.

Have a read here for upgrades
http://www.miniriders.com/bike-setup/24009-performance-upgrades-guidelines-stage-i-iii.html
Not much is for free, but if you own a dremmel you could start with cleaning out your inlet manifold as theses are usually full of excess alloy from the forging process, then port match the inlet manifold to the head and while your at it you can then port match your exhaust port to your exhaust. Form there you could port and polish your head. However the first thing I would do b4 any of this is make sure your valves are correctly set and the have a play with your air/fuel screw and see if that helps.

thanks guys. im gonna do my valve clearences today and my air/fuel mixtures and see how that goes.
Cheers]jack

what carby are you running?
a $5 Pilot jet could make a lot of difference to the acceleration/throttle response

im runnin the carb that came with it. (a fake mikuni 25mm) and i think the jettings perfect on it, although i dont even kno wat size jets r in there. i heard they use all diff sizes.

Latest posts

Back