What do I do...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sad Sad Z... Stunt Or Resto?

• Stunt :D

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Resto :cool:

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Goodluck! :rolleyes:

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
Wow.. you got alot of work ahead of you on that old girl... I'm resorting a CT70 to road going stunt ...

I'd surgest resto-mod,

• china zonger 110cc $200-$250 i think
  • fast 50's z'bar kit.. $300 tops
  • Or get some mounts and bolt them to the bar top you got $50-$100 with bmx bars
  • new fork legs obviously $200
  • Fab a new seat pan and get some new foam and over lay the old foam $20-$50
  • Then get a seat cover made $50-$80
  • Some Rattle Cans , Primer, Clear Coat, and nice cherry metalic colour... Ive used Beltons on my CT70 rims with great results
  • Trailer 7 core 4mm wire $5mtr just re-wire it.. get a $50 workshop manual if required or i'll post a wiring diagram for ya ive got heaps or i'll copy it outta the workshop manual if you want.

And well thats about it... other than a some cleaning and paint. you'll be set. my guess list is around $1000 , dont think you'll get out of it any cheaper really. Fully blown retro requires honda donk to be mint and that'll cost you an arm and a leg if you can find the parts.

My CT70 bill is getting bigger and bigger.. Ive put over $800 in so far in parts and i just order'd about $600 more today.

Last edited:
So Foolsp33d, what did you decide mate? Just read three pages of this and found myself quite intrigued. You gonna resto? I think it would be sweet if you did man. Give it a dark-light blue spray, few miniriders stickers and that beast will be roarin ! Oh, first restore all the other stuff lol

if its been in the family i'd say restore it.... a zed won't really ever die if u give it a little TLC. i got a mate around the corner that restored a z50 and i'll see where he got all the parts from and tell u.
cheers.

lol, i didn't realise the thread was made AGES ago, has the 50 moved much since then fools?

i know this is an old thread but i thought i might inspire the semi resto/semi stunt idea with before and after pics on my $30 recycle center special Z50
CR50003.jpg

CR50002.jpg

Zfini.jpg

thats a sad lookin zedy, i reckon u restore it, z's are loyal bikes, fix her up and she will look after you. I seen a rip off z on ebay, no compliance plate go for $660 or somethin, the dude might have more, i have the link if u wanna contact him. You could prob just use what u need of the bike and save the rest for spares, the back guard, headlight surround and switches look a bit dodge but it has a 70cc motor. I have a later rip off that is registered, looks real apart from the upside down forks and discs. great bikes, was yours ever registered?

hahahaha, the bike actually did move.. from one shed to another to make room for the old mans harley. lol. but she(the z) still sits how the pics were taken! even the seat is still on the top shelf of the work bench.. God im slack!

send it to me and i'll fix it for you and send it back.......honest:D

send it to me and i'll fix it for you and send it back.......honest:D

hahahhaaha, oh im sure u would cus.! id hav ya addy anyway ;)

but on the z's i seen a honda "monkey bike" (thats what the tank badges said)

on the side of the road last weekend for sale... AWSOME condition, all indicators, clean original paint, rigi didge donk, but with a clutch!? WTF? the ID tag said z50Ja...? I stopped and chatted to the owner/seller for about 30 mins,the most $ i could get at 5pm on a saturday arvo was 1k, and he was looking more round the 1500.. spewin!! fingers crossed in a few weeks it reappears on a certain local road again and i can take a wad of cash and tempt this elderly overseas living gentleman. lol..

Last edited:
Did it have compliance plate, would be worth buying, nothing better than being road legal on a mini, every time i get it out i have an adventure, you wouldnt beleive the attention you get on em. I still cant believe its road legal, hehe!

i know, what a joke. they look sweet though, its a bonus for anyone restoring one, u can prob by factory honda parts for em again.

wow.. ok you all deserve an update on this Im thinking.. so...

Not much has happened to be honest... :finup::aetsch:

Got some bits to pay for, new(used bars, n forks, wheels) hopefully a swinger, then I'll take it into work and get the Auto sparkys to wire everything up. May even have a :listen: to the boss and see if I can get our engineer to approve the frame for compliance..

but visually...

I like its new skin!!
2011-11-16135831.jpg

2011-11-16135806.jpg

Chasing a set of +1 CRF legs if anyone has a set they are selling!! PM me!!

grab a china repo harness .. easy to work with . also that tank is for a jz style frame .. if you are useing the same frame as in first pick the tank frame mounts will need to changed

wiring is all there.. but im wanting to run at least a front light, so IDK.neto/charge wise...keeping in mind I got two original Zed motors here.. could always rebuild either one of them to keep it ridgy didge Honda.. but sling in a 88 kit n cooler ;)

The tanks actually from a Z50R.. same as bullys.. tank location pins are no stress to move :) will also be using the 50R seat, as I like its lower profile..
Once I get it as a running bike again.. I can them strip it all down and have it all reenforced(if required) blasted and painted in 2pac.. Might even go a lil spazz with the frame swinger n fork legs with something like this...
cd-7004_brilliant_dye_red_over_marble_over_gc-6011_black_ground_coat.jpg

so... I just won a Chinga replica at auction... :) the future is lookin MONKEY!

Latest posts

Back