what do you think of my new LED headlight?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaMan

Reaction score
what do you think guys?

made this up using 2 cree LED downlight globes.

opinions, comments, etc...

headlight1.jpg

headlight2-1.jpg

oh and by the way, just got Rec Rego on the Z, YAY!!!

nice work mate! look like you stole them off a Transformer or something, but they look like they'll throw a bit of light?

not sure about the light but really like your bike looks in good nick would like to see other pictures of it too

ok wont be on for the weekend, headin up to gunbower with about 10 other guys on mini's, when i get back i'll try end get some pics showing the throw of light.

I like it! :D you should be able to swap in pond lights if you ever were to go for that muzza image. lol..

you should do a quick write up on how you made em work, etc. members are ALWAYS asking about light options!

well i can give you some specs, i am using 2 CREE downlight globes available from jaycar, each globe has 3, 1 watt cree LED's, the only killer is that each globe retails for $60 (however my brother is the manager and wants some CNC work done so these 2 cost me nothin....)

the housing is custom made, aluminium front machined to fit the lights with polycarbonate retaining rings to hold them in, front has a 15 degree bend to get more spread.
back and sbottom are also machined aluminium and the top and sides are a piece or formed polycarbonate so i can see inside the box.

i could have gone with the widely available plastic headlight that fits downlight globes but it would look shit on a z50.

the bike has a lifan 110cc which comes with a full charging circuit, it produces about 1 amp when running, each globe uses about 300 milliamp, so i can happily run all night and not get low battery, i have a little 4 amp hour battery fitted to the bike so even with the bike not running i could have the headlight on for about 6 hours before it is flat.

PAINT???? you kidding, i love the raw / machined aluminium look.

might get it black annodised at some stage to match the rest of the bits on the bike i have had done, although now that i think about it, it may look ok in the same violet crumble purple that the bike is painted in....

decisions decisions......

PAINT???? you kidding, i love the raw / machined aluminium look.

might get it black annodised at some stage to match the rest of the bits on the bike i have had done, although now that i think about it, it may look ok in the same violet crumble purple that the bike is painted in....

decisions decisions......

around the outside mate, over the clear perspex...

colour match it to your bike maybe

what do you think guys?

made this up using 2 cree
led light globes.

opinions, comments, etc...

headlight1.jpg

headlight2-1.jpg

oh and by the way, just got Rec Rego on the Z, YAY!!!
Awesome looking lights man.. ya i know thread is bit old but are these lights still available? I would love to get them so please reply if you can..

Last edited:
i have used similar lights on my sons dune buggy.
there is a link in my signature for the dune buggy thread.
the MR16 LED downlights i used are 12 watt, i picked them up from ebay china for $4 each inc delivery
they are very bright compared to the 3 watt.

otherwise check out my Atomik Fuse pitbike thread too, (link in my signature too)
i wired that up to use a 27 watt LED spotlight, very bright output.
the ebay seller in here in Australia, and sells the spotlight for $27 inc delivery

if you want/need, i can post a link up here for the LED's

cheers, craig

Latest posts

Back