What fuel? Premium? E10?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

028NVD

Reaction score
Yeah a which furl do u guys recommend I use?

what compression and ignition advance are you running? you want to use the lowest octane you can without pre-detonation.

e10 ****ed one of my cars, so no chance would I put it in my pittie ! !

I use BP ultimate only. Itsis the best 98 fuel from the pump.
But if you are super serious and running massive compression and lots of advance the go for something like Elf Moto GP. Pure race fuel and costs $7.50 /L

or if you want more punch and for your engine to only last a few races use avgas lol

if you're running a basic engine, with little in the way of mods, either E85 (ethanol blend 85RON fuel) or standard unleaded (91RON) will be fine...
these engines, unless you've bumped the compression up and dicked with the ignition advance, arent really capable of compressing and burning high octane fuel properly...
you will probably notice the best burn from E85...

that will set the cat amongst the pigeons no doubt, but that's just my experience...

i've tried everything from 91 octane standard pump unleaded to Elf race fuels to avgas with an octane booster (bout 101RON) and standard shitty pump fuel ran cleanest...
low compression low revving motors with mild ignition advance dont need much in the way of quality fuel...

Yep , the engine has to be tuned , jetted and timed to suit the fuel ... BBR has some info about it on their site ...

avgas is sorta just slang word these days and doesnt give you any more performance by itlself.. its just higher octane and a cleaner fuel.
also note, there is 2 types of avgas.
1 for planes and 1 for vehicles and also theres different levels of octane

Latest posts

Back