What happened to ebay being cheap?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoluver

Reaction score
I remember when you could buy a pitpro 125 for $400... Now they are buy it now for $800 or $900. I remember DHZ and pitpro 140cc selling for $600... Now they are $1200. I remember typing in Lifan and seeing 125, 140 engines being sold for no more then $300, Now they are $400 +. Now there is no engines on ebay. And everything is "buy it now" no more auctions... wtf happened?

Aussie Dollar is way down meaning they cost more to buy in the first place.

Apparent Global Financial Crisis ain't helping things.

This will happen across everything you buy that is imported in the future not just bikes.

In September or some time last year Aussie Dollar crashed from 95cents down to about 50 cents. Therefore import cost goes up pretty simple hey. The reason they are no longer on ebay is because Aussie sellers no longer have a
lot of stock of the 140s and 125s because they have become outdated.

i was speeking to an importer today and they was saying 3 months or so if things don't pickup they wont have a business (well maybe an exaggeration but not by much)

so i reckon if we don't start buying from local importers and stop getting crap out of china we wont have a minibike industry this time next year

well except for the porsche 911 driving pricks at atomik motorsports and if you dont beleive that they actually own porsche's then i will take photo's of them sitting out the front of the warehouse
the mongrels take the money off people like mso and mojo and cini so and put it towards them bloody selves

thank god for people like brad at braap, casey and kenny at pitster/dhz, grego from buzz bikes/ indoor x, brian at east 50's, eddie at ciniworx (and i can tell ya none of them drive a porsche)
all of these people have this year sponsored or organized events/race's just for us
it's big money out of there business
and all that you do when you buy off ebay is feed bottom sucking scum like tdr and and atomik and help them buy porsche's and nice house's Fark that

it's time to make a stand otherwise like i said we soon wont have a choice

i wont be at fault will you

Yeah vert you got it ... and believe me in the pitbike world it's gunna get worse ... much worse

Yeah Cooly missed that while posting mine, the guy you're talkin too aint robin curusso either .... and yeah I here ya mate ..... I'll go back to big bikes before I give them coin

i don't yet why it can get worse if anything it should get better, with more people buying pitbikes and more famillys having kids and buying them 50's the pitike scene should be getting bigger and more people should be inspired to build more pitty tracks to earn a bit more cash or have a fun time out riding and not going serious.

I will hate the day when pitbikes are not apart of the world:(

The people left riding 50s now are the people who got into it for the right reasons. Back in when it staretd there where the guys who originated the 50 scence in aus like Timmo,boxy,fab etc.

All the people who went out and bought them because it seemed to be the "cool" thing at the time have bailed out, now the 50 industry is on a downfall as the customers just arent flowing through like they were in earlier years.

50s will always be around, i will always ride mine because i bought them for the FUN, and to ride with my friends and enjoy it.......Just sucks when the industry is struggling so bad, its very sketchy. Thats why its good to have Guys like HRI around who are keeping it alive and bringing it back to how it all started...Backyard racing.

Unfortunately too many crew couldn't see past a sticker kit mate .... so the guy importing crap is the only one sellin enough bikes for a start ... even before any of this financial crisis bullsh@t

and now the price of everything it takes too run a business is goin up as well .... as a result the fat lady is now singing for alot of the guys that have put soooo much back in too this industry ..... breaks my heart and I hope the ebay warriors I've argued with in here over the last year or two are happy

you've finally killed it :(

If it wasn't for the government telling everybody to save and not spend their money, there probably wouldn't be a financial crisis.

copy wal^^^^^

but life could be a dream
big bikes can hardly get track built where they need to be so how much hope do we have

if only atomik would sell one of there porsches and build us a track hmmmm

If it wasn't for the government telling everybody to save and not spend their money, there probably wouldn't be a financial crisis.

wrong

people have wisend to there debt building ways and instead of spending money they are puting it back into there debt

which in turn takes cash flow out of the economy
but if this didn't happen we would end up with the sort of debt america and euope have right now

so in 12 or so months time when people have payed of a big portion of there debt the money will start circulating again but until then alot of people will hurt real bad

^^ haha true. The old man said every ten years or so there is a decline in the number of empolyed and the bussiness are lossing money becasuse the aussie $ drops, could this be a factor to why some people are starting to fade away from pitbikes (is this true??)??? I think it will pick up again, slowly would be better then fast because there will be more parts avalible then everybody rushing in to get one part and the shop owner runs out and then there will be some unlucky person that will not get his part and lose interst in his bike.

sorry off topic!!!

Because the scene has split , those who bought those bargin bikes have either
1) Pissed off after their shit heap hand grenaded on them
2) Relised you cant polish a turd and came to their senses and bought a jap 50 or bought a decent import.

I reckon the sport is on an up turn , last year was a preety average year for the sport. This year things look positive , Andy at Ec50s is flat out - a full workshop , never been into his shop when another customer hasnt been in there and is always getting new stock in. Plenty more races this year - everyone who's serious are banding together to get racing under way , Rusty , Matt Haliday , 8 ball blah blah. Plenty of racing , 3 full classes of imports at the hunter jam , packed class for the rest. Over 120 enteries. Plenty of spectators.

More and more people are getting on honda's , willing to spend more money , spending more money within local markets - due to the high dollar everyone is buying locally so business is booming for the remaining guys in the industry - Andy @ EC , Adrian @ Minimotorsports , Craig @ oz50 and mybe Troy @ kaos50. Then the serious import guys are getting behind the sport and not leaching it dry supporting races and sponsoring riders like Dirtmax , Pitserpro , Mso.

People dwelling on the financial crisis only attract more doom and gloom which is unneeded. Im spending more than I ever did , buying shit locally rather than across the globe. All my snow gear this season is from Australia , All my 50s stuff from Australia. I can do my little bit for this crisis by supporting local traders.

I think its good the cost has gone up for china's , less people will bitch about the cost of a honda now or a decent cini , pitster etc. Those buying a bike will now get a bike with better quality parts and hopefully remain in the sport longer.

50s brotherhood is still kicking , Thanks to Stu and all the dudes. Miniriders is going good , not too much shit on here thanks to the great team of mod's doing a job which should of been done years ago. Dready has done an awsome job promoting it to the world.

I reckon things are looking up for the mini scene , just looking at the simple things like the numbers of races at the hunter jam , the lessening of the Jap vs China talk - everyone on the day was mates and there was no hate between origins of bikes. Business seems to be flat chat at the 50s stores.

I think we need to take note of what the media is currently doing , the reccession has the potiential to get very sevre and it will get worse before it gets better. But in saying that , the media has a story in which everyone has been affected about and therefor by creating fear and angst through these stories they get greater ratings , greater ratings = expands audience numbers = expansion of revenue for the station generated by Advertising , I think people forget that these stations are BUSINESSES and therefor's ultimate line is to generate revenue.

Just watching the 7.30 report about these Asian countries in the current climate. Due to such divisions of wealth present within these countries and such desire to become rich and powerfull these economies and alone countries , even races have become so heavily emphasised upon becoming wealthy , they are fucked. It was a wake up call , they live life based on coin. Push their children to the limit of sanity when educating , push themselves to tirelesslly work and are absolutley driven by money. So what happens when the global economy crashes , their world is turned upside down.

The world was becoming far to gready , this recession despite its severe short term consequences may ultimaltey prove of great benefit to the world. I hope so.

Anyhow abit of track but still mildly relevant to the thread.

Im spending more than I ever did , buying shit locally rather than across the globe. All my snow gear this season is from Australia , All my 50s stuff from Australia. I can do my little bit for this crisis by supporting local traders.

I think its good the cost has gone up for china's , less people will bitch about the cost of a honda now or a decent cini , pitster etc. Those buying a bike will now get a bike with better quality parts and hopefully remain in the sport longer.

50s brotherhood is still kicking , Thanks to Stu and all the dudes. Miniriders is going good , not too much shit on here thanks to the great team of mod's doing a job which should of been done years ago. Dready has done an awsome job promoting it to the world.

I reckon things are looking up for the mini scene , just looking at the simple things like the numbers of races at the hunter jam , the lessening of the Jap vs China talk - everyone on the day was mates and there was no hate between origins of bikes. Business seems to be flat chat at the 50s stores.

I think we need to take note of what the media is currently doing , the reccession has the potiential to get very sevre and it will get worse before it gets better. But in saying that , the media has a story in which everyone has been affected about and therefor by creating fear and angst through these stories they get greater ratings , greater ratings = expands audience numbers = expansion of revenue for the station generated by Advertising , I think people forget that these stations are BUSINESSES and therefor's ultimate line is to generate revenue.

Just watching the 7.30 report about these Asian countries in the current climate. Due to such divisions of wealth present within these countries and such desire to become rich and powerfull these economies and alone countries , even races have become so heavily emphasised upon becoming wealthy , they are fucked. It was a wake up call , they live life based on coin. Push their children to the limit of sanity when educating , push themselves to tirelesslly work and are absolutley driven by money. So what happens when the global economy crashes , their world is turned upside down.

The world was becoming far to gready , this recession despite its severe short term consequences may ultimaltey prove of great benefit to the world. I hope so.

Anyhow abit of track but still mildly relevant to the thread.

here here lou

i just whish there where more of us
supporting local crew

the problem is that the guys like pitster and mso and ciniworx rely on cash flow to cover there overheads so parts servicing and selling bikes
this is not happening atm it may be for some but others no it's not and especially down here good people are hurting and when push comes to shove atomik have the china fanily bank rolling them and do nothing for the industry they wont be the ones that go it will be pitster mojo ciniworx

for exaple i work in the bearing industry and i haven't made 85% of my budget for the last 2 months does it effect me not so much i work for a national company that has a multi million dollar backing so i'm not worried
but i know of a couple of small independent companies that have gone under just because they are not makeing enough profit to cover the rent let alone other running costs therefore bye bye

same will happen to the good people in our industry

on the media point they are not to blame directly it was the government putting the fear of debt in the peoples eyes through the media

hopefully things pickup

It's the exact opposite to that. Too many people are saving all there money/paying debt off and not spending it and putting it back into the economy. That's the whole point of the stimulas package, to encourage people to spend the money and put it back into the economy.

Bulldog, If you ain't got a job, you can't afford to live let alone spend money on bikes. There will be around 100,00 jobs lost by the end of the year. That's a lot of poeple on welfare. Your old man is right that this happens but it has been 30 years since it was like this.

Coolie, this could last 12 months, it could last 10 years. If you don't have a job, you can't pay off anything. Business's are in panick mode and will all be cutting back. I'm not trying to be a pesamist, but everyone needs to face the fact that our normal lives now could change quite drastically. The great depression is a prime example.

Everyone needs to put money back into OUR economy. Support your local bike buisness's and help them pull threw. Without them, there will be no mini industry.

Yeah cheers for the props mate but I see myself as a little cog in this scene ... at the end of the day all I contribute is a few images and some words for the hood each issue ... when it comes to promoting the scene Stu is and always will be the king in my eyes and yeah some importers and promoters are really stepping up .Same goes for here I agree us mods have sorted the sight a bit ...but again I'd say you lay that credit at the feet of people like Cooly and Thump and many others before me ... like I said a little cog ...but thanks brother I like to think I go ok for a little cog :cool:

As for the other

yeah the fact that bad debt was extended to sooo many that couldn't afford it especially in the states is why we are here ... and yes it will hit those the racked up the lifestyle hardest ... which I don't mind but it'll still hit us and unfortunately I think it's far from over .:(

The americans will stop buying from the chinese because a big chunk of the stuff they bought with money didn't have was chinese ... now that moneys gone ...it was never real anyway I guess but it's not even on paper anymore.Thing is as demand for chinese goods drops demand for our minerals and chinese purchase of said minerals will drop through the floor as well ... and yeah the price of pitbike parts goes up .... even ebay

Sorry to be doom and gloom .... I'm gunna be ok if that helps :D

That really made sense Dready , never thought about this.

So the resolution to prevent being hit by the econonmic crisis relating to 50s is to:
1) Buy up on parts now before the worse gets worser , finish your build now
2) Stick to the second hand market

haha , gives me more reason to throw more money back into the economy by spending it on my 50. I like to think im doing my little part :) haha

Latest posts

Back