Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man.
I have a sixsixone fenix arcadium helmet and I love it.
Brought it around 2 years ago now and its still going strong.
I paid 169 for it delivered to my door. Its awesome weighs just over a kilo and Is made from a carbon fibre and kevlar composite
Its an awesome helmet. My dad has an O'Neal full carbon helmet and it only weighs a little more then that. This one also has a long jaw so is easier to breath in and doesn't get your glasses fogged up as bad.
Have a look around at them the fenix comes in many colours.
Cheers zach.

Hey Blender, did you get a new helmet?

I have trouble reasoning that you would fit a youth medium helmet man, my 10 year old fits a youth large and it's a bit small now!

We got his fox v1 helmet on clearance from team moto at the Gold Coast for $70. It's a great helmet. I have an M2R and it's ok heavy and not as well ventilated as I'd like, but it only cost me $50 ;)

Shop around if you haven't already baught one, there are some bargains to be had!

Hey Blender, did you get a new helmet?

I have trouble reasoning that you would fit a youth medium helmet man, my 10 year old fits a youth large and it's a bit small now!

We got his fox v1 helmet on clearance from team moto at the Gold Coast for $70. It's a great helmet. I have an M2R and it's ok heavy and not as well ventilated as I'd like, but it only cost me $50 ;)

Shop around if you haven't already baught one, there are some bargains to be had!

Hey Rikchick, i havnt got one yet, bikes have needed some attention as always lol.

but i am still looking around, my mate says he has an MR2, if i can get it cheap enough i'll be happy!

To get the right size helmet my old boss told me if u try on a new helmet it should make u bite the inside of ur cheeks when u talk n feel tight that way when the padding wears in it will fit nice. It's always worked for me.

ok, well got a helmet today, a THH T-660 (going by the model on the inside of the helmet) it was used, and left out in the sun for a long time. the visor was all oxidised and powdery. but tbh i dont care, i got it for 10 bucks :D
here is the visor after scraping back the powder/plastic and sanding it for 10 minutes you can see some of the oxidisation on the mouth piece/vent

and heres the helmet itself

i plan on getting a new visor and mouthpiece, there is a seller on ebay that sells them separately, he is in the US though.

A second hand lid is only good if you have nothing else dude! When it comes to saving your head, you should only buy brand new. Even a brand new $60 eBay special is better than a second hand job, provided its Aus standard approved!

yeah, i checked it for cracks/ dints, etc and it seems fine, the padding is still plush and soft, for 10 bucks i still think its an alright deal.

I still wouldnt trust it man. Im a big believer in not buying used helmets. But i know the feeling of finding a bargain.
Just be careful mate

yeah when buying a helmet, they say 'Spend what you think your head is worth'
but in saying that, i have a $100 helmet 1BANGHEAD.gif

yeah, i'll see how it goes i guess

i just finished painting the visor , it didnt come out the best, but i'll be buying a new visor soon anyway

Latest posts

Back