what is this part/thing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byh0005

Reaction score
i went for a ride the other day and when i came home i found this wedged between my frame and the engine what i want to no is it a part off my bike or just some random crap i picked up off the track BTW my bike is an atomik motox
Photo0033.jpg

random crap you picked up

the blue plastic thing looks to be a electrical joiner or cap to use in 240 volt electrics ie residential
and the other thing is hmmmmmm im stumped but if you look on the blue thing it will have a screw in it undo it and the hmmmmmmm thing will fall out , then show me a pic i wanna know what tha is

it's a microphone plug adapter from little to bike i'm guessin and a shelf plug holder upper thingy from an ikea tv cabinet

lol i thought id seen them before bloody redneck cousin probably made it to fix something on his bike it was his track after all
here is a better photo of it apart
Photo0035-1.jpg

ahhhhh thats what the silver thing is a mic jack thing the end bit ,, the blue thing is def a elctrical plug thing , they have a name but i forget , i sh!t loads off em from work for my house reno , so i can cap live wires safely ,, acording to the sparkys lil , only temp off course

still looks like an ikea shelf holder but hey i like the sparky thing to handy for stopping shorts when wires touch

any ideas wat it was doing on the track

lol nah everyone was ridin all day
good shot if they got it to stick to my bike tho

absolutey positive its a sparkys thingamobob ,cheers for the mic jack tip that was a good pic , i couldnt for the life off me think what it was

sheesh im board , a blue thing and a mic jack has my attention

lol got my mates attention to they almost went nuts trying to figure it out

ha ha i think this should be something people do more often... take photos of a random thing end see how long it takes people to figure out what it is! that was epic from coolie to figure that microphone bit! i could of looked at that for hours n had no idea:p

The blue plastic thing, is a cap that leccies use to safley connect two neutral wires, if it is white it means the wire is either an earth or a live wire a blue means neutral.

The blue plastic thing, is a cap that leccies use to safley connect two neutral wires, if it is white it means the wire is either an earth or a live wire a blue means neutral.

There is no colour coding on a "blue point" connector. "Blue point" refers to the original manufacturer, not the colour. Just like a "Crescent wrench" or "Stilson", etc...
Different manufacturers have a slightly different colour plastic, ranging from grey, blue, clear, most of which are transparent.

Under the old wiring rules, an active or neutral join or termination could be done with a single screw connector (the one in the pic) where as an earth connection required a twin screw connector. Same as that but obviously with two screws.
The current wiring rules have ditched the need to use a two screw connector as it was deemed pointless.

It's just an RCA Microphone plug and an insulated wire joiner. I don't think it came off your bike. And anyway as you should be checking your bike before you ride it you would have known if it was there or not. HOWEVER IF YOU EVER WANT TO SING KARAOKE WHILST YA BUSTING THE BERMS YOUR HALFWAY THERE. :cool::eek::p

Latest posts

Back