What kind of exhaust can I fit on this bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingus

Reaction score
I have a 125cc pitbike that is missing a part for the exhaust. It's that part of the exhaust that actually bolts on to the motor/header (?). I am new to this and I have no idea which part to buy for my bike. Can I just just buy any 125cc exhaust system? Can someone please show me what kind of part I need.

bike.jpg
bikee.jpg
headerr.jpg
header.jpg

Yea mate you want a 125cc pit bike header with a crf bend.
There is tonnes of them on eBay or if you can go into a piybike shop and get one fitted.
You'll also need some copper exhaust washers so that it seals nicely

yeah it has the correct CRF flange for the head.
going by the pic of your bike, it looks slightly different to the norm, it has 2 tubes for the rear sub frame connecting to the main frame near the shock.
it may have a clearance issue there, but you might be able to modify the pipe a little (bend) to get it to work.

this one should be close too, it's a big bore system with a nicer muffler -
38mm Muffler Exhaust Pipe 125cc 140cc 150cc 160cc PIT Dirt Bike PRO Trail Bike | eBay

Appreciate all the help guys good people. I have another issue but.. I tried to start it this morning but it wouldnt work. It was asif the kick starter would lock. Like it'd be stiff sometimes and i wouldnt be able to kick it all the way down. Anybody know why?

broken kick start gears possibly ?
might need to take the clutch cover off and have a look

Jokes I just didnt turn the choke haha. Would riding it without the header be bad for the bike?

with no pipe on there it wont have any back pressure and will run worse than it normally would
you could rejet it, but it isn't worth the cost in jets imo

So I tried starting it again today but it cut out. And then i tried starting it again but it wouldnt start. Have I damaged the bike or do I just need the exhaust? What's the worst that can happen to the bike if i start it without the exhaust? I've stopped starting it for now and just waiting for the exhaust to arrive. Just need to know if I've damaged anything else

the worst thing that'll happen is someone will complain about the noise.

you wont damage anything, drag racing cars and bikes run without exhausts all the time (no mufflers)

might just have a blocked Pilot Jet / Pilot Circuit in the carby

if i have a blocked pilot jet/pilot circuit in the carby do i have to replace it?

Nah dingus, just pull the carby apart and blow some compressed air through all the brass jets, make sure u can get air thru all the holes and stuff....

Appreciate the help. One last question. What size gasket should i get for the exhaust you linked my67xr?

Okay sweet appreciate the help. Will defs post again when bike is up and running

Latest posts

Back