What motor is this?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you didn't ask for insurance , they might try to cop out , but you'd think they'd have the guts and balls to accept liability since you were rorted by THEIR member ! You'll have to read up on their buyer protection policy in regards to direct bank deposit payment ! Direct bank deposit is risky - it's the same as handing someone cash ! If you put something with the deposit that shows it was for an ebay payment - then you can go to the police and have the seller charged with internet fraud ! When you pay people , you have to use your IQ to make sure they can't say you didn't pay them and NO solid ID with a payment allows them to get away with it !

Thankfully I used my ebay user id as the id for my banking transfer. Im just gonna wait until my bank gets back to me. Also I cant put in a complaint with Ebay for another 6 days (they require 10 days minimum to give the seller time to sort his s*&t out). If ebay dont do anything for me I guess I'll have to go to the cops and tell em I got owned on my pc.

I hope it all turns out well for you ! Ebay should cover you and go after the seller on your behalf !

Thanks dude, hey as I am a banana bender, if any of you Melbournians happen to be going past this AMS motorsport business could you have a glance please pm me and inform me if they are not closed down, then I know if I can open a can of whoop a$$ on 'em. Thanks.

1704 Princes Hwy Clayton
They have a website too http://www.amsmotorsports.com.au

I worked 15 years in a bank and you are unlikley to see the cash returned (the seller basicly has to agree to let the bank return the money otherwise the bank can't withdraw the money from the account). Fingers crossed.

If you do a company search you can find out ditails of directors and addresses etc.

If you dont get the bike the police (federal i think) or the department of fair trading is the next step I would take.

Good luck getting your money back (it could have been a lot more so there is always a bright side if no luck)

Hehe,

Just checked out his domain name and got his ABN, CBN, working Email address. Then full name. That will probably help. Sent him a pretty heavy email so hopefully...

Hey WTF the bike arrived this morning havent put it together yet but looks pretty sweet. Motor seems to be a 124cc lifan or lifan copy (it says 124 on the block) Talked to the dude on the phone. He was pretty vague when I asked why he closed his ebay and hotmail account. Either way Im pretty happy now (and releived). Will put it together tonight and add locktite to crucial bolts and see how she goes.

Put it together tonight. It goes okay for a bse. Pretty sure the motor is a ducar cuz its 1 down 3 up. It runs smooth though but not heaps of power up top must be because off smaller ducar valves. Sound pretty awesome as has a straight thru exhaust. Started first kick and goes really well. Brakes and suspension are heaps good. I actually musnt have checked the rear tyre pressure but cause the 2nd ride I tore the valve from the tube. Whoops/ Have to get another tube tommorrow. Its no pitpro 125 but i guess its around 1/2 the price so ill see how it goes.

Lifan also have a 1 down and 3 up availabe in all their motors (including the 140cc) it depends on how the factory ask for them. To find out the type of engine look for the engine number (normally on the left hand side) this should give some clues and I am sure that if you posted it up somebody would know.

When you fix the tube put a rim lock in (or get the bike shop to do it save stuffing around) then you can rest easy.

Engine number
154FM1
*061100145*
That would mean a 54mm bore right so It'd need to have an approx of 58.5mm stroke to reach 124cc?
Its definetely not start in any gear. wont start with clutch in.
Got my tire fixed at the tyre shop down the road. I couldnt get those bse tires off they must shrink after they put them on. It took 2 guys there 25mins to do. Pain in the ass I think when the tyre wears out ill just cut it off. Bike goes good went for a decent ride down the tracks with a mate on a pitpro 140. We were both pretty impressed with it, forks are pretty good motor pulls fairly well (140 beat me by about 4-5 bike lengths to top speed, LIFAN 140 rules!). Engine runs real smooth. Rear Shock is real stiff and not much damping happening there. Ill back off the preload and see if the dampening can come into play. I think when I get a new rear tire ill worry about a rimlock.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back