what ridding gear should i wear

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gloves ,goggles are a must

I'd go with fox dirtpaw/pawtectors -there only $30 and have lasted me for years great glove

Goggles -just make sure you get some decent lexan antifog lens , tear off posts and silicon on the strap i'd go with some oakley crow bars

Helmet- buy the best you can afford , shop around for specials , go to the shop try some on find the right one and then go looking for it online to save $$$

Gear wise: I like thor gear , I personally think its the best stuff out there and heaps more comfortable than the others. If your riding a 50 i reckon 3/4 jersey's are the way to go and there a looser fit and you can still run conventional pants rather than baggies. try and get the same colour and brand and get some gear that is original and stands out rather than the norm colours if your gonna be a show pony

boots: no need for em on 50s unless you have rooted ankles , 3/4 boots are good such as slammers , icons or tech2's but stay away from full length mx boots you cant ride 50s in em

hope that helps

If you wonna ride at a track, get jersey, goggles, pants, and maybe boots....
What helmet?
Im getting a One Industries helmet in just over a month :D

six six one make shinguards that are great, they offer protection from the bottom of your foot up to just over your knee cap, definately worth purchasing as you can wear under baggy shorts or the thor static riding gear, they have saved my knees plenty of times.

thanks heaps guys.
i have learnt heaps of this site in the 2 days ive been a member.
:D

i am looking at some body armour on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-SIX-SIX-ONE-SP-2-MOTORCROSS-PRESSURE-SUIT-MX-ARMOUR_W0QQitemZ360041083314QQihZ023QQcategoryZ130691QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262[/URL]

is this armour any good?

Get A One Industries Combat helmet. They are almost $300 but worth it.

I've got like everything... Helmet, goggles, boots, pants, body aurmor, knee guards, jersey, gloves... so I'd say get the whole lot! It's worth it... and it doesn't change how you ride at all, which I thought the boots might :)

just out of curiosity whats the difference between a $300 helmet and a $120 helmet that are both aust standurd? are they lighter or somthing?

I think it's that the $120 helmet meet the standard, but the $300 helmet can take a bit more damage than the standard states it has to... but realistically there's not much difference

just out of curiosity whats the difference between a $300 helmet and a $120 helmet that are both aust standurd? are they lighter or somthing?

The difference is ....... $180 ...... Just wear steel capped Ughh boots , padded trackies and flanno ..... thick hairspray on a mullet should do as a helmet ......

Latest posts

Back