What size oko for lxr

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockstar energy

Reaction score
Are the oko carbs better than the molkt stock carbs. my stock molkt keeps on stalling when landing. Is there any problems with the oko carbs? Do they give you more power?

Cheers

is the Keihin carb or the oko vm26 performance carb better than the oko. Can i just bolt it straight on and use it without buying anything else and what size 26mm or 28mm?

First you will need to tell everyone what type of riding you do, how you ride, and what you have done to your engine.

Also I have read to prevent the bogging from landing you raise the float height by bending the float's tab a little bit so there is more petrol in the bowl and it doesnt slush around leaving air pockets that cause the bogging. Only a little bit of adjustment is required as too much will cause other problems.

oko carbs are heaps better than the molkt carbs..
there's also the PE26 or 28 mm carbs too but they will require tuning and buying extra jets..

buy an oko26mm from DHZ, it will come with 36 pilot and 100 main which is perfect.
the only thing you'll need to do is raise the needle 1 notch and screw the air screw out 1.5 turns

not many people have tried the OKO vm26 carb..

I do freestyle. I have a stock lxr engine? will the oko 26mm give more power and has anyone had problems with them?

oko 26 will give a fair bit of extra power, but may be a bit of a handful with the factory 1/8 throtle, id suggest at least dropping back to a 1/4 throttle..

only problems iv seen with the carbs is the throttle sticking which if its going to happen it will happen straight away so all you need to do is contact DHZ for a swap over item.. having said this its probably only 1 in 100 carbs with the issue..

now im guessing you dont have much tuning knowledge or time to do so, this is the reason i suggest the oko 26mm from DHZ as it will run straight out of the box, any other carb you choose will require tuning which to some people can be a hair pulling experience..

one other thing to consider is that the oko flat slide carbs offer a pretty aggressive bottom end which may not suit FMX riding..
if you can live with that fine but if not then buy a PE26 or 28 or maybe even a genuine VM 26 or 28
28mm will provide more top end compared to the 26mm

ok thanks sean01. Does anyone know how to fix the fuel sloshing on the molkt? Is it the float level and how do you fix it?

Float level, there was something about it on planetminis, you bend the tab that attaches to the shut off valve, bend it so the valve stays open for a little "longer" or in other words, to allow more fuel in the bowl before it shuts.

I tried everything with my molkt , to fix the fuel slosh problems , ended up binning it .

the oko 26 was bolt on , with abit of air screw adjustment . and performed alot better then the molkt.

would the 26mm be to touchy for fmx with a 1/4 throttle or would the 28mm be better. is the 28mm more top speed and are the tb parts carb better?

Last edited:
i didnt find it to touchy , but most flastslides will all give that result . just something to get use to .

a roundslide 26 would be the pick for fmx (vm/pe) , but you would have to do some tuning yourself .

a carby wont really effect top speed . the 28 vs the 26 will give it a bigger hit of power in the higher revs , but abit less of a hit downlow . not really more speed .

Change your gearing for that , front sprockets are cheap and equal about 3 teeth in the rear.

Whats better the vm or the pe and will they give you more power than the stock molkt

how many times are you going to ask the same questions...

vm or pe will perform the same, oko flat slide will have more bottom end grunt but perform the same up top as the pe or vm..
molkt carb is only good for down low grunt. (24mm) if you can keep them running sweet

Back