What to Buy for 6 year old

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjccjc

Reaction score
Hi, Iam new mini riders and are after some info. I want to purchase a 50cc or 70cc semi auto chinese import for my 6 year old son. What sort of things should I be looking for in relation to quality and what should I avoid. Any hints on good places in the Brisbane area to purchase a bike?
Thanks

a mate of mine went the european alternative for his boy, he just turned 6 and they stuck him on a KTM 50, ok double the coin than what a china alternative is worth, but my GOD, what an awesome machine! No gears to worry about, the build is FANTASTIC, both front and back brakes are on the handle bars, front end is a genuine marz. unit, starts first kick every time, and still has enough power to pull an adult(80+) kg upto 65kph +.

50-Mini-Adv_01.jpg

FREAKING AWESOME.

but as for a china bike alternative, id be looking at the crf replicas, like the atomik 70cc, pitpro 110cc, something with a small wheen size(10 inch) will keep the seat height relatively low for the little fella, yet will still have enough height for you to have a 'test ride' every now and then!

PP1101.JPG

alternatively have a look into the electric bikes available, or around the same price as the KTM, Oset have some GREAT bikes designed for kids under 10years that are electric powered but still capable of providing ALOT mroe fun than their petrol counterparts, just think, being able to run it down the local park legally, or around the back yard with NO NOISE!

04122007051705-1.jpg

OSET Mini Electric Kids Bikes - Store

Keep us informed of what you do end up with deciding to go for, and update us on how the little tacker goes!

regards

Sp33d.

Last edited:
Those electric things are weird looking...be good to have for backyards. But more of a trials bike than MX bike.

they ARE a trials bike, check out some of the Utube vids on them, they have ALOT of potential! If they make an adult version, Id get one!!

Australia needs more trials riders anyway! This is Just the thing for both motox AND trials as it teaches balance and control, but with the low standover height, kids can simply stand over the bike should they feel uncomfortable or in 'danger' of falling off.. compared to some of the 'mini' bikes available, I consider these to be the ultimate learner bike, although a fraction expensive.

and dont forget to look out for used Crf50's! they will last forever and you should be able to get ones for $800 used or around that

Latest posts

Back