Whats better?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODZ

Reaction score
hey guys!, ok i know some people are pissed off with others puting up threads about "which bike should i buy". im am new to pitbikes's and have never owned one, i have been going crazy looking for a good pitbike and i have found two bikes that look fairly good to me.
-Atomik Nitrous 160cc
- DHZ Outlaw 140cc=

i would like to know which one would be more reliable and your opinions on both of them.

thanks,
CODZ

Well, really isn't there that much difference.

-Frames are roughly the same and wouldn't be much different in strength and quality.
-Swing arms look pretty much the same.
-Levers and throttle look better and appear stronger on the dhz. +1 DHZ
-Exhaust is just a matter of style, but there both same effect wise.
-Both would need there bars replaced with pro tapers straight away.
-Now I maybe wrong but the Atomik looks to be crf70 plastics and DHZ crf50. Not that the plastics make an impact but the size of the bikes will be different.
-The Atomiks come with carlsbad tyre where the DHZ come with no name tyres. +1 Atomik
-They both have china USD non-adjustable forks.
-Front Brakes and rear brakes are both going to be pretty much the same, you'd need to bleed the brakes before you trust them. Possible DHZ would of done this before you get the bike... but thats only a slim MAYBE.
-The DHZ comes with a rear rim lock and the Atomik doesn't, no biggy it's a $20 item. +1 DHZ
-Both come with an adjustable rear shock but the DHZ comes with a GPX shock, so it comes with a fancy brand name... but realistically it is a better shock. +1 DHZ
-Atomik has a 160cc engine and Dhz has 140cc. +1 Atomik
- Carby on the Atomik is a 26mm Molkt and the DHZ a 30mm Mikuni.

So 2 point for Atomik 2 points DHZ. You could possibly get an Atomik for like 500-600 bucks and use the extra $$ to do some work and that way you get a more powerful engine and can buy the best suited shock for you, plus the extra little bits like rim lock that dhz had and possibly still pay less. I use the same carby these bikes come with, there easy to work with and tune for a newbie. They have pretty standard after sale support, I know the people that run the factory and it has changed in the last 12 months, the people are MUCH better.

Or get the DHZ and don't have to spend any more but run the chance of getting bored of the motor in a few months and the size of the bike is smaller so you might find it uncomfortable to ride. DHZ have great.. No I mean AMAZING after sales support. So if you have completely no idea about bikes you're better of paying extra for the help.

Possibly look in to a DHZ 160 which is also crf70 style like the Atomik... but realistically I think you're best getting the Atomik and modding it so it's exactly the bike you want and can feel like you have put your blood, sweat and tears... and time in to it!

Each to their own everyone may shut my opinion down but that what I reckon buddy and thats my reason! Enjoy :)

thanks for that! that helped me alot. im only 15 and have 7 arcers so im kind going with the DHZ because i just wont somthing that is reliable strait from the box and i found masive range of aftermarked parts for it, so once i get extra $$$ it wont be stock for very long. but with the Atomik i was a bit worried about its strength, i have heard some storys about them being the worst pitbikes you can get and them falling apart, so thats the only thing that put me off about them.

Thanks,
CODZ

thanks for that! that helped me alot. im only 15 and have 7 arcers so im kind going with the DHZ because i just wont somthing that is reliable strait from the box and i found masive range of aftermarked parts for it, so once i get extra $$$ it wont be stock for very long. but with the Atomik i was a bit worried about its strength, i have heard some storys about them being the worst pitbikes you can get and them falling apart, so thats the only thing that put me off about them.

Thanks,
CODZ

A lot of models of Atomik yes are rubbish. But the nitrous would be easily comparable in strength to the DHZ bikes. But keep in mind the DHZ you are looking at is psychically a smaller build of bike.

Ha ha.. yeah I have the worst spelling and grammar.. I know I know! You think the way I type is bad... Hear me talk in real life.. I still use the wrong words :p

yer he would ^^^^^ lol . yer mate i would go with the dhz , they are site sponsors so let them know you are off mini riders u might get a bit of a discount

okay, well i got a budget around $1200ish

Well, really isn't there that much difference.

-Frames are roughly the same and wouldn't be much different in strength and quality.
-Swing arms look pretty much the same.
-Levers and throttle look better and appear stronger on the dhz. +1 DHZ
-Exhaust is just a matter of style, but there both same effect wise.
-Both would need there bars replaced with pro tapers straight away.
-Now I maybe wrong but the Atomik looks to be crf70 plastics and DHZ crf50. Not that the plastics make an impact but the size of the bikes will be different.
-The Atomiks come with carlsbad tyre where the DHZ come with no name tyres. +1 Atomik
-They both have china USD non-adjustable forks.
-Front Brakes and rear brakes are both going to be pretty much the same, you'd need to bleed the brakes before you trust them. Possible DHZ would of done this before you get the bike... but thats only a slim MAYBE.
-The DHZ comes with a rear rim lock and the Atomik doesn't, no biggy it's a $20 item. +1 DHZ
-Both come with an adjustable rear shock but the DHZ comes with a GPX shock, so it comes with a fancy brand name... but realistically it is a better shock. +1 DHZ
-Atomik has a 160cc engine and Dhz has 140cc. +1 Atomik
- Carby on the Atomik is a 26mm Molkt and the DHZ a 30mm Mikuni.

So 2 point for Atomik 2 points DHZ. You could possibly get an Atomik for like 500-600 bucks and use the extra $$ to do some work and that way you get a more powerful engine and can buy the best suited shock for you, plus the extra little bits like rim lock that dhz had and possibly still pay less. I use the same carby these bikes come with, there easy to work with and tune for a newbie. They have pretty standard after sale support, I know the people that run the factory and it has changed in the last 12 months, the people are MUCH better.

Or get the DHZ and don't have to spend any more but run the chance of getting bored of the motor in a few months and the size of the bike is smaller so you might find it uncomfortable to ride. DHZ have great.. No I mean AMAZING after sales support. So if you have completely no idea about bikes you're better of paying extra for the help.

Possibly look in to a DHZ 160 which is also crf70 style like the Atomik... but realistically I think you're best getting the Atomik and modding it so it's exactly the bike you want and can feel like you have put your blood, sweat and tears... and time in to it!

Each to their own everyone may shut my opinion down but that what I reckon buddy and thats my reason! Enjoy :)

Now thats what I call a reply.

Well done Rach. :congrats:

one thing you must understand is that they are only machine's and they are only as good as you make it :)
oil changes and a clean air filter! warm the bike up too.....
i have seen too many "retardeds" ruin engines due to not warming them up!

Dhz

I just got a 140 DHZ outlaw and i love it. You have to remember that any pit bike is built to a price and its not a name brand. ive got air under it from time to time but if you want it to last i dont advise it. But hey, bits are cheap.

Ive found that the gearing is too low but that is an easy fix,
as bolts rattle lose (and they do - check them regulalrly) i replace the spring washers - the originals dont spring back.
the seat is like bum floss - is there a seat on a CRF 50 that isnt? Whats with that?
dont overtighten the bolts that go into the casrt aluminimum. they strip easily.

lastly the worst bit of the bike is the rider, me. Sadly the bike can do more than i can.

Being overtaken by a guy on a 50 is just not OK.

Geoff

Latest posts

Back