Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zwebx, when cook ribs you don't just chuck them in the oven. lol. Seal them first on the BBQ for 5 mins a side then put them in the over with foil over the top for first 20 mins then foil off for 20 mins. They will be 1000 times better. I love my ribs and cook them every week. :)

I will chuck some of my other recipe's up later. Got some great ones.
I put the ribs on a rack, then in a tray (bowl thing i dont know) thats filled with water and then put alloy foil over the top as so they stay moist... some times i cook them for 1hr or two depends how hungry i am lol
a little grill to seal them is a great idea though i will try that next time.. maybe with a bit of chilli rubbed on the BBQ first

I put the ribs on a rack, then in a tray (bowl thing i dont know) thats filled with water and then put alloy foil over the top as so they stay moist... some times i cook them for 1hr or two depends how hungry i am lol
a little grill to seal them is a great idea though i will try that next time.. maybe with a bit of chilli rubbed on the BBQ first

Yeah if you grill them and seal in the juices plus chuck some foil over them for first 20 mins they will be juicy as and no bowl of water required. Plus cooking them in there own juices add's to the flavour.

Also with Rib's (as well as any meat really), the longer you cook them on a lower heat the better. If you go 2 hours only have them on 150 or lower. If you want in an hour then have them on 180-200.

NOT steak, this will make it stew, and that's just not steak ;)

I cooked a steak for 3 hours before one day man.

Sealed it for 2 mins on each side then cooked at 100c for 3 hours. Was heaven!!! But who want's to wait that long for a steak.

I make a killer pavlova on birthday etc. so much better then a supermarket one, I'll chuck up the recipe soon, Thread is great by the way.

Now your talking, I love pavlova. Can you just send one in the post I couldn't be bothered trying to make one.

Roast pork with crackling to die for! Be careful with this one guy's. This was my signature dish as a single man and what's cooked in the kitchen doesn't always stay in the kitchen. Preheat the oven to 250. Take your lump of pork and tip a kettle full of boiling water over the pork skin and you will see the slices the butcher has put in the skin open up. Dry with paper towel and massage oil into the skin. HEAVILY salt the skin and put it in the oven on a rack with a decent amount of water underneath. You will need this juice later to make the amazing gravy. After 1/2 an hour turn the oven down to 180. Meanwhile peel your potato's, pumpkin and carrots and microwave them till they are soft. Place them on a shallow tray, spray with oil and cover with cheese and paprika and put into the oven for the last hour of cooking. Frozen peas n corn in the microwave and use the juice from cooking to make gravy and you'll have the most amazing meal. Remember guy's I was single till she tried the most awesome crackling EVER and I now have to cook this once a week when our combined family of kids come over for dinner.

nice work !
i'm not a big fan of Pork, but i don't mind the odd bit of crackling, lol
and Bacon is good with eggs too.

i make my own Vanilla slices every now and then, they are pretty quick and easy to make too
it takes about 10 minutes to prepare and cook,
and the ingredients will make about 12x 50mmx50mmx40mm high Vanilla slices, and cost about $4

you'll need a 1 litre mixing jug, a tablespoon, teaspoon, a fork to mix it up with and a microwave oven
and something to make it in, i use a small airtight storage container, an old lunch box would work too, it needs to be a minimum of 60mm deep to use all the custard

ingredients -
a packet of Arnotts Lattice Biscuits, recipe uses 6 out of the pack.
5x heaped tablespoons of custard powder,
500mls of milk
3x tablespoons of sugar,
2x teaspoons of vanilla essence

directions-
place the custard powder, sugar and vanilla essense into the mixing jug, and about 50mls (from the 500mls) of milk
give it a good stir/mix up with the fork, and keep stirring while you add the rest of the milk.

now place the jug into the microwave on high for 3 minutes.
take it out and give it a good stir with your fork to mix it all up, and mix in any lumps.
then put back in the microwave again for another 2 minutes
while you are waiting for the microwave to beep, place the Lattice biscuits into the bottom of the lunchbox or container you use (biscuits glossy side up)
i trim them down to suit, round the corners of the 4 biscuits, and trim a little off them to cover the base as much as possible.
once the microwave beeps take the jug out and give the custard a good mix with the fork again so it is all smooth and creamy.
now pour in the custard ontop of the biscuits, smooth it off, and place another 6 Lattice biscuits on top (glossy side down.)

you can add some hard icing now if you want too (soft icing runs off when you try and eat it)
and dried coconut shavings etc to taste
leave it to cool on the bench for a while, then put it into the fridge for a couple of hours to set and let the biscuits soften.

Last edited:
Well roast lamb is pretty much the best food you can get imo!

Decided to try on the bbq yesterday. I have a hood with rack where you keep stuff warm etc, a temp gauge(not sure how well it works).

I tried to keep the heat at about 200 degrees and had the roast on the rack so no contact heat, did not sear at all just went straight on the rack. The roast was just over 1kg.

Stuck the veggies in a tray underneath and ran the burners on the other side to maintain the heat. I did warm up the hotplate before the veggies went on but then turned it off again! To cook the roast then worry about the veggies.

The roast went fat side down on the rack over the tray to let all the goodness drip into the veggies :thumbup:

The roast was going well and cooked a little faster than I was expecting around 45mins. The veggies were soft but not crisped up.

I dropped the temp back to about 150 degrees and put the hot plate with the veggies on medium-high and closed the hood again. Maintaining the temp at 150.

Turned the veggies so they got crisped up on all side over the next 20-25mins as they cooked up.

Then opened the hood let the roast rest for a couple of minutes took the veggies out drained off some of the fat for the gravy.

This was the result....beginners luck :grinning-smiley-003

Latest posts

Back