which boots to get?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would of gotten the big boots, only because im looking to get a jap big bike soon, and i could of used them for both my pitty and the big bike..

tried the tech 2's, 50/50's and axo's, by far the tech 2's are the most comfortable and durable. best quality for money and they look the best aswell

Black will look heaps better for longer, either look great for a little bit or look good for ages.

id go fullsize because then ur not gonna split your leg open like i did!
i use oneil 424's or sumthing and use a tech 8 bootie so it fits me snugly but they where too big 4 the shifer so i pinched the dt80's shifter and that worked fine!
if u wanna have good protection go the full size!
my 2 cents

Dont get the big bike boots they are ment for big bikes, they not so bad on a midsize but on crf50 they cut into legs as they tooo long!!
Get some perpose built mini boots, they lighter and feel way better on ya feet.
Most here prob never sat on crf50 with big bike boots on :) so how they now?? lol

Good Point Bretto haha ;)

I run Alpinestar Tech 2's on my CRF50 88 and they are Great! Love em! Even the Tech 2's feel restrictive in terms of shifting gears and using your rear foot pedal and Ive ridden my Bike with Big Bike Boots and its pretty damb hard, and Im only a Size US9 Size.

Tech 2's I believe are the Best Quality/Protective 50 Boot on the Market but the New Fox Mini Boots seem decent as well and they are less than $200 AUS Brand New Im pretty sure!

Either way it comes down to personal preference but like Bretto said, riding Midsize Bikes the Big Boots are alright to ride with but on CRF50s its a different story.

But you wont go wrong with both the Alpinestar Boots your Keen on...Top Quality stuff! I swear by my Tech 2's. Dont ride without them or my 661 Knee Pads.

I ware my Acerbis Impact X-Tights on my Elite and have no issues

xtights.jpg

But yeah on a 10/10 crf50 i think a pair of 50/50 boots would be more comfy
although I did ride my +2 10/10 CRF with my x-tights and it wasn't to bad !!!

i wanna know how many of yous that ride pittys with full sized boots have tried 50 boots???

cos in racing you dont want to have the gear shifter up high so you can change gears because you want to be able to change gears quickly and how can you do a quick downshift without getting your foot stuck where because you will have your foot under the gearshifter so you then need to take your foot out click down then get your foot under again

I also find when i tried big boots i was always riding my bake brakes

and atomik boy just invest in some decent shin pads

thats my 2 cents

Very good point pbk. I will actually
be looking at getting a pair of 50/50 boots for black duck.

I have raced in my big boots with motard, but it's a lot dfferent. With motard you need to be smooth so everything you do
is planned (changing gear etc)

and atomik boy just invest in some decent shin pads

yeah thats what i make my friends do!
u wanna ride?
u need:
sandshoes
shingaurds (ill supply)
jeans
longsleeved shirt
riding experiance
i have 2 pairs of shin pads:
thor single peice and my hinged ones i use for motard!
man it's pretty funny walking round the pits with em on!
click click click click etc hehehe it's pretty amusing!
back to the subject i reckon these 50/50 boots sound good!
how much for a pair?

Latest posts

Back