Which carby?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulkwas

Reaction score
hey im new to this forum just wondering what carby would suit my stock pitpro125rr to give it that extra kick? ive been getting told to get the 26mm OKO but im looking for a second opinion, any help would b good! thanks.

alot of ppl on here will tell you get an oko flatslide carbie as well mate.

do you want snappy power delivery? go the oko flatslide .

or something easier to tame? then get a round slide carby.

but wait for somebody who knows more what they are on about.

coz im a noob my self. lol.

but im getting an oko on my new bike, alot of ppl on here recomend them.

mate there are people who have put OKO 26mm flatties on a 125, but i have heard they are a bit overkill, you may be better off with a PE-22 - PE-24... Great Carbies and aren't hard to tune at all, great power all through the rev range and a bit tamer than the OKO, wait for Sean01, Thump*140 or someone a bit more senior to help =]
________
IOLITE PORTABLE VAPORIZER PROBLEMS

Last edited:
edit: some say Thump*140 if stranded on an island could tune an OKO strapped to turtles to warrant his escape![/QUOTE said:
haha lol!!!!!

mate there are people who have put OKO 26mm flatties on a 125, but i have heard they are a bit overkill, you may be better off with a PE-22 - PE-24... Great Carbies and aren't hard to tune at all, great power all through the rev range and a bit tamer than the OKO, wait for Sean01, Thump*140 or someone a bit more senior to help =]

bingo...

PE24 is the perfect size for it, only downfall is there doesnt seem to be any retailers in australia for them IE; ebay international or akunar.com is where you get them..

but the oko 26 can be tuned to work fine also.. altho over the past couple of weeks a few members have been having troubles tuning these on there 125's

I would be one of the blokes that struggled to tune my 26mm oko on my 125.
If I had my time again id go a 24mm but on saying that it is definatly possible to get the 26mm to run on the 125 despite many of people saying otherwise. I found that by putting the 26mm on the 125 it exagerates any little dramas your bike may of already had but was going un noticed with the standard carbie. The power difference is amazing and they rev very hard. If you put a 26mm on plan on putting a ORK and a bigger exhaust on aswell.

cheers heaps to everyone for the help.. ill search around see if i can get my hands on the PE24.. but if not ill probly setle for the oko 26 flatslide.. if i do settle for the oko carby what mod's do u recomend i do so my bike rides well?

well, maybe better exhaust, make sure your valve clearances are set right.. then suspension. best advice i've been given is it's great having a heap of power (not necessarily in your case with the 125 but the principle stays the same) but if you want to be quicker its about power delivery and traction and handling, so i'd be swapping out the suspension for a nice set up so you can corner quicker etc... then maybe swap out the motor for a z160??.. depends on budget mate it's all good naming off parts you "can" buy, but it's all up to your wallet and budget as to what mods to do.
________
Percocet Not Working Anymore

Last edited:
hmm not a bad price and i actually didnt even think to look there too...

heres akunars price

CBYPEGE24 PE24 GEN CARBURETTOR
CBYPEGE24 PE24 GEN CARBURETTOR
79.15 USD (U.S. dollar)
Usually ships within 1 to 2 days.

and probly go with 25 usd post.. so not a great deal of difference in pricing..

We have a couple of fellas running the oko flatslide on their 125's. Both have dramas with them being far too rich. When the engines are cold they are shocking but once warmed up they are acceptable. Both bikes still run far too rich and any fast throttle movements results in heavy bogging. If looking at this carb I would buy a jet kit with a number of smaller jets. Atleast with this carb it will never be too small for the 125cc even with heavy porting, hi flow muffler and port matched inlet manifold.
I run the Mikuni 26mm on 3 of my 125's and find them perfectly suited. Only downer is the horrible position in which the fuel screw sits. Hope this helps.

We have a couple of fellas running the oko flatslide on their 125's. Both have dramas with them being far too rich. When the engines are cold they are shocking but once warmed up they are acceptable. Both bikes still run far too rich and any fast throttle movements results in heavy bogging. If looking at this carb I would buy a jet kit with a number of smaller jets. Atleast with this carb it will never be too small for the 125cc even with heavy porting, hi flow muffler and port matched inlet manifold.
I run the Mikuni 26mm on 3 of my 125's and find them perfectly suited. Only downer is the horrible position in which the fuel screw sits. Hope this helps.

what size main jets are they running?

I will have to ask the question. Both were installed straight from the box so the standard jet that was supplied if that helps.

As I said you will need a smaller jet kit if looking to purchase. Thanks for the jet size though, I will let the fellas know how low to start from.

lol now im confused.. so the oko 26 will work fine now if i get smaller jets for it?

Latest posts

Back