which carby?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first 2 links are the same item.. look at the part number..

ahp link is a tb china version of the pe28.

either way you'd need at least a healthy 140cc+ engine to make use of it.

the classic honda's carb would be my choice..

ahh crap i copied n pasted twice lol it was meant to be this one...

Ahp Minis

pretty much wat im trying to decide is 28mm flatslide, 28mm or 26mm

oh and it has a tb143 at the moment but im goin to be puttin a v2 head a stroker crank in thats y i want a new carby

if your going to do the above mods go for a 28mm carb..
wogtaz runs a gen klx engine with a 55 crank and tb 64 bore and he runs an oko 30mm flat slide (same carb i run) we both love the power delivery of the bigger carb, and no bottom end sacrifice either..

flat or round depends how you ride. flat slide has a more savage off idle power delivery and to some riders it can be a handful.

but what ever you get you may as well get a genuine carby.. most of the tb range are just copies..

most jap 85cc bikes run both flat and round slide carbs.. mikuni and keihin.. 65's run a 26mm carb..
have a look threw my recent posts from yesterday i think and i outlined it all..

Running the forward-facing setup? If so, a VM26 is plenty. Manifolds suck when forced to make the sharp bend. Cut the starter boss off like Woggy's and you can run a 28-30, or even a TM32.

if your going to do the above mods go for a 28mm carb..
wogtaz runs a gen klx engine with a 55 crank and tb 64 bore and he runs an oko 30mm flat slide (same carb i run) we both love the power delivery of the bigger carb, and no bottom end sacrifice either..

flat or round depends how you ride. flat slide has a more savage off idle power delivery and to some riders it can be a handful.

but what ever you get you may as well get a genuine carby.. most of the tb range are just copies..

most jap 85cc bikes run both flat and round slide carbs.. mikuni and keihin.. 65's run a 26mm carb..
have a look threw my recent posts from yesterday i think and i outlined it all..

Yeh I'm after good power delivery, it just doesn't cut it ATM... I basically want it to pull hard right thru the rev range with good bottom end...there's not alot on offer in the way of carbies, pretty much wat was in the links, just different brands

Running the forward-facing setup? If so, a VM26 is plenty. Manifolds suck when forced to make the sharp bend. Cut the starter boss off like Woggy's and you can run a 28-30, or even a TM32.

I have no idea wat the starter boss is lol I'm not mechanically minded haha which is why my local mechanic has to do all the work for me:lol_hitting:

starter boss is the big hump lol that sits behind the your carby.. have a look at woggy's build thread and you'll see it has been machined off to run a rear facing carby setup..

ive had a look for this starter boss but no luck, i had a look at woggys build couldnt see nethin lol

so those carbies i posted in the links are just knock offs?? and where abouts would i get a genuine one from? would i be best off goin to kawasaki and askin for the same carby off a kx85? even tho it might cost heaps lol

cheers

Last edited:
It'll look a bit as such:
10-17-10006.jpg

But, if you're having to pay a local, it may not be practical.

ive had a look for this starter boss but no luck, i had a look at woggys build couldnt see nethin lol

so those carbies i posted in the links are just knock offs?? and where abouts would i get a genuine one from? would i be best off goin to kawasaki and askin for the same carby off a kx85? even tho it might cost heaps lol

cheers

a new genuine pwk isnt going to be cheap..

hit up ebay.com, there are always many pe and pwk carbs..

but take terry's advise about the forward facing carb setup and carb size..vm or pe26 should be enough..

a new genuine pwk isnt going to be cheap..

hit up ebay.com, there are always many pe and pwk carbs..

but take terry's advise about the forward facing carb setup and carb size..vm or pe26 should be enough..

yehh i had a look on ebay today, there were a couple but dunno if there genuine on not

i think 26mm is the go...

you would need the rubber manifold adapter.. measure the bolt spacing on your existing manifold or buy a tb forward facing manifold and adapter.

the more you look the more that is available..

same manifold as in these kits, or even grab one of the following packages
DRZ and KLX110 28mm D slide kit RACE head - Japan Minis XR/CRF50 -150R, DRZ110, KLX110-140, TT-R 50-125 - DRZ & KLX 110 - Carb kits - DRZ and KLX110 28mm D slide kit RACE head - TBolt USA, LLC

TB DRZ and KLX 110 28mm CARB KIT - Pit Bike Engine Parts - CARB KITS & CABLES - TB DRZ and KLX 110 28mm CARB KIT - TBolt USA, LLC

TB DRZ and KLX 110 Mikuni VM26 Carb Kit - Pit Bike Engine Parts - CARB KITS & CABLES - TB DRZ and KLX 110 Mikuni VM26 Carb Kit - TBolt USA, LLC

just have a look on classichonda50s website when it is back online..

yehh they were very slow. thought it was my net haha

with a 28mm do i have to machine the starter boss or was that only for the 30mm?

just to clear it up wat would the real difference in power be between the 26 and 28? i wanna make it snappy and good power thru to the top

no.. the starter boss removal is only to change the direction of the carby.. ie;; from forwards to rear facing..

Latest posts

Back