Who Has a Rodeo

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helmotbros

Reaction score
Does any one have a dual cab holden rodeo year 1998-2003 with a ute body NOT cab chassis? If so can you please tell me the dimensions of the tray and whereabouts the wheel wells are as im looking to buy one soon but dunno if i can fit a full size bike in and i know you can drop the tailgate and do it that way but i want the dimensions.

Thanx all

Last edited:
Dunno bout the dimentions but they do fit, the tail gate needs to be down and bike on an angle ,

Have u searched the dimentions

Good luck,
Jack

Ive had a look but can only find the dimensions of the most recent rodeos

The dimensions are much the same as the current models but you will need to have the tailgate down when carrying bikes with the duel cab.

leaving the tailgate down isnt only for dual cabs,i have a ba xr6 ute and when carrying my big bike i also have to leave it down as the wheel base of my bike is quite long and it wont allow the end gate to completely close

kk thanx for all your help by the way im looking to get a spacecab but i was thinking maybe a dual cab but still if anyone has the dimensions it would be good

From memory the space cab has about 1800mm and the duel cab has about 1400mm (thats the style side not the alloy tray). The space cab is a better option than the duel cab and Ive had both and the Rodeo is almost bullet proof. The Rodeo is no longer available brand new and Holden is now selling there new range called Colorado. Isuzu (maker of the Rodeo) is now importing them under there own name Isuzu which is a good thing in my opinion.

But the single cabs have no room inside but the space cabs are great coz they have a good amount of room inside and out. The alloy tray space cab has about 2 metres I think but the alloy trays just dont look as good.

Thanks for that. By the way whats a decent km's range i should buy a second hand one for coz i have heard that they are bulletproof and will last ages but do you think 200000km's on the clock is all right coz that seems about the average without costing an arm and a leg.

mate i think you'll be right 4 kms they have the truck engines on tyhem so they go forever...

good ol izuzu!! the diesel will run forever and the petrol one lasy almost as long...

The 2.4lt 4 cylinder is the most reliable of the 2 petrol motors rodeo have. The 4 cylinder motor is made by Isuzu and they are the bullet proof motors. I have seen them go well over 600,000km with very very minimal servicing. My last Rodeo was a 99 duel cab V6 and I did about 160,000km with no problems before I traded it and my old man has so far done 200,000km on his 04 V6 with no problems either. I currently have an 05 V6 space cab which im still yet to get on the road :( so it has only about 600km on the clock. The V6 is a bit thirsty but they have plenty of power and torque for towing and carrying a lot of weight. I think im going to get rid of my 05 and get the new Isuzu D-max, over 1400km on one tank so that sounds good to me and if its Isuzu then it must be good because I cant fault them from from my in my experience and ive done a shit load of km's and my old man has done many houndreds of thousands more than me :eek: .

Last edited:
The 2.4lt 4 cylinder is the most reliable of the 2 petrol motors rodeo have. The 4 cylinder motor is made by Isuzu and they are the bullet proof motors. I have seen them go well over 600,000km with very very minimal servicing. My last Rodeo was a 99 duel cab V6 and I did about 160,000km with no problems before I traded it and my old man has so far done 200,000km on his 04 V6 with no problems either. I currently have an 05 V6 space cab which im still yet to get on the road :( so it has only about 600km on the clock. The V6 is a bit thirsty but they have plenty of power and torque for towing and carrying a lot of weight. I think im going to get rid of my 05 and get the new Isuzu D-max, over 1400km on one tank so that sounds good to me and if its Isuzu then it must be good because I cant fault them from my experience.

truer word have never been said...

thats why all of my gemmis have be fault less!! LMFAO!!

so you think buying a 98 V6 with 200000km's is alright? And also how much do you reckon is a good price coz redbook says the national average is like $4600-6800 but wen you look for them you can find many under $8000

red book is for car dealerships genrally...

thats whaty they'd but them for then add all the bullsh!t prices on top of that...

thru a private seller its ok i think... just get a mechanic to have a quick lookover it and you'll be fine

A pre purchase inspection is always a good idea when buying a second hand car but you need to use a reputable company for that such as State Roads. Most utes like rodeos have more than average kms but thats because the owners use the car on a daily basis. A 10 year old rodeo with 200,000km is 20,000km per year which is about average for tradies so its not excessive. Im not sure about current prices on 2nd hand rodeos at the moment. Just make sure you buy one that has only ever had one previous owner and a full service history and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back