Why put a bigbore on a 155z/160ho over getting a 175cc engine?!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yer i got the long skirted tb , right ?:grinning-smiley-003

Damn straight, Woggy!

From TB site:
Honda Trail Bikes
170cc to 184cc Big Bore Kit:

- All aluminum ceramic plated 64mm cylinder with skirt
- NEW 6/28/10 We increased the skirt height and size on the lightweight high compression 64mm piston with rings, pin, & clips to increase reliability and service life (picture is not updated yet showing piston change)

I'm not saying the shortys aren't in the re-seller pipeline, just that they are now non-catalog items, since 6/28/2010...
The next batch of jugs might just have a little longer spigot, too;) Stroker guys seem to like them... 66x63-215cc jobber:
215007.jpg

Last edited:
at the end of the day it all comes down to what the customer/ owner wants.
if there trying to squeeze every little bit of power out then low service life will mean nothing to them as the short piston makes for a very snappy engine

edit..

back in the day and a little still today, you can stroke and bore a 350 chev to over 460 cubes.. guess how long the piston is lol.
the wrist pin is actually under the oil ring, meaning remove oil rings to remove wrist pin...

now thts short, and they were used in drag cars, sand rail etc oh and alot of hotroders

Last edited:
Pretty much, but the forged Wiseco weighs 7g less than the Tak S-Cut;)
At 143Kg, I know one can have their cake, and eat the whole thing, too... lol

Most pittie riders can't afford service hours they can count on one hand. Maybe just my broke self? lol

ferrari_f1_piston_0.jpg

Last edited:
That one's a Mahle at aboot $300 a pop. Ferrari F1 slug.
JE can do some similar work for bikes at $200-ish, though, if you buy a 4-pack or more.
I think we're gonna have some done for the Tak 4v head, or just use 150R pistons and swap the rods for an XR100 one with my 56.6 stroker. 66mm bore and decent price, off-the-rack availability is nice.

Last edited:
That one's a Mahle at aboot $300 a pop. Ferrari F1 slug.
JE can do some similar work for bikes at $200-ish, though, if you buy a 4-pack or more.
I think we're gonna have some done for the Tak 4v head, or just use 150R pistons and swap the rods for an XR100 one with my 56.6 stroker. 66mm bore and decent price, off-the-rack availability is nice.

MMMMmmmm next setup i think , once im after a head upgrade

Latest posts

Back