Whydo people still buy chinese bikes if they know they are going to break

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masso

Reaction score
It just confuses me why you guys my a cheap china bike and it brakes straight away and for a little bit more money you can get a honda which will last a lifetime.

hey mate the reason i bort a chinese bike is im 14 and push trolleys so my cash aint that big and i found its cheaper to buy a cheap bike and replace the parts as you need em.
i dont care what ppl think bout my bike and if they call chinese bikes sh*t coz riden it is still loads of fun!!!:D

beeeecause its fun to put them together again...we are masoquists...we have to admit!!

mate i have a china had it for about 6 months now and been floggin it havent broke a thing apart from a few levers due to lay overs i dont know why u fags bag the chinas so much.......i know some are just crap but there are decent ones out there like minie and coolies and a few others......sure japs are a better build but some people cant afford a jap and a cheap china is there only option then they can upgrade from there but i bet they have just as much fun on a china as u would on a jap.......i think all this talk about chinas and japs is just becomming a brand name war now

there not to bad as a first bike to
spesh if ya just startin out
i dont mind em, there still alot of fun

i just got me first china bike yesterday, off ebay as ya do
outa the box it couldnt of been easier to put together
except the fuel filter shat itself, it's a chine bike. not everything going to be perfect. ya get what ya pay for with these things.
that's why there cheap and why we get them.
ya kno things are gunna break.
but ya prepaired to fix it.

And by things going wrong with them helps you learn how to fix them and learn more about bikes and how they work.

What bike did you buy off eBay BigM ??

Why do we buy them? because they are more than a "Little " cheaper than honda's lol doubt id get a 14/12 140cc combo honda for $500 new?? great fun for the money and If we dont china bikes wont get any better. Like i have said before China just copies other companies stuff much like japan did/does but china is a long way behind they need to sell more to catch up.

Some of japans best engines are copies from Euro engines(talkin cars here not bikes) if they didnt have the great engines to copy they wouldve never made their own improved versions.

Also as said before great way to learn if the thing does break :)

mate i have a china had it for about 6 months now and been floggin it havent broke a thing apart from a few levers due to lay overs i dont know why u fags bag the chinas so much.......i know some are just crap but there are decent ones out there like minie and coolies and a few others......sure japs are a better build but some people cant afford a jap and a cheap china is there only option then they can upgrade from there but i bet they have just as much fun on a china as u would on a jap.......i think all this talk about chinas and japs is just becomming a brand name war now

Your bike is hardly chinese haha , the top of the line china's are mostly the product of tawain eg Coolies bike etc.

China's are a good way to get into the sport but if things get serious put a cap on your china spending limit so that when you clock up enough $$$$ on it , its time to sell and get something from japan.

The age old ' its too expensive to do up a honda' is no longer valid. There's plenty of parts around cheap.

Hell I spent near $3000 on my old mso but pulled it down and got about $800 for it. Thats a preety big loss. The way I see a jap bike is as an investment , I can pull all my additional trick bits of it before I sell it - recooperate around a 50%- 90% return on what I paid for the parts and know that I'll get 1k easy for the stock bike. If I put a cap on my spending at $2500 - which is as much as I want to spend on my honda , I can sell the bike for around $1100 stock and get around $1000 for my future additional parts there for only loosing $400.

I have nothing against china bikes , I think they have done their part in making crf50/xr50 parts more affordible , back in 2004-2005 parts where way too much money but the invasion of china bikes has forced dealers to be more competive with their prices.

But in saying that alot of hard working Aussie shops have gone under due to china's

People like Ken and Linda at Mso unlike other import sellers strive on customer service and have helped raise the profile of the china bike. They also do ALL thier own R&D so you know their stuff is sorted.

People will continue to buy imports till the very end as they look visually sterdy and come with a very affordable price tag , I think the misconception of a honda as an alternative will deminish in years too come as global consumer trading increases and when the Aussie dollar gets on its feet again.

I wont say crf's dont brake as I collapsed my rear wheel on the weekend , but I know my bike is preety much bullet proof , I dont have to worry about gear boxes throwing it in or worrying about little bits and pieces constantly braking. I bought a honda for a piece of mind.

My mso was a great bike and a top starting point but there's something about owning the coolest bike in history ( the Honda crf50f) that tickles my fancy.

The Jap vs China argument is bullshit , I think people need to mature abit more and relise where all here for fun. Minibikes where formed on the basis of fun and now the scene has got far too serious. It used to be about backyard racing and now its bench racing , people went and over did it.

What pisses me off though is some of the pure lack of respect some of the import riders have , whether it be riding around on the streets or talking shit about something they know nothing about.

Guys like Boxy , Timmo , Rapid , Tearle have been on the scene since day one and have seen the come and go of china riders through the sport and to be told otherwise is rediculous. These guys started this scene in aus and helped create a proportion of what good mini bike racing is still here today. For china riders to ride around in the streets and allow society to become intolerant of such small bikes has gone a long way to ruining our reputation.

There is no china vs jap argument , just a bunch of dickheads who dont relise where the roots in mini bikes come from. This sport was not founded on ego or a bunch of $400 china bike , it came from the jap bikes - so recognise that the scene is much deeper than the $400 special you just bought on ebay.

Have appreciation for the O.G's of the sport , dont go around thinking your king shit on you bike and only too call on these guys when you but the shock through the swingarm. Its called respects and the realistation that both Jap and import riders can ride together and help build this scene up in oz.

Jap bikes may suck in your opinion but you wouldnt have that bike between your legs if it wasnt for them. There is no jap vs china , just a bunch of ignorant kids who dont know where this sport came from.

i had my chinese Zongshen 110cc for 3 years running strong on a reused head gasket.

this bike came out at the very start of the chinese pitbike boom, way before there was such a thing as a 125cc engine!

The 110,s were the best mine went hard it went harder then most of the 125s out these days

^^^^ya my mate has a 110 and dam thing hauls arse lol gives the new 140's a run

And by things going wrong with them helps you learn how to fix them and learn more about bikes and how they work.

What bike did you buy off eBay BigM ??

I got this the other day
125CC TDR ALLOY PIT TRAIL MOTOR DIRT BIKE THUMPSTAR OX6 - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 28-Oct-08 20:18:00 AEDST)
i dont even know what sorta bike it is.
know it's a 125, and its pink... haha

soon to be resprayed.

If anyone could streer me in the right dicection of where to look on stuff bout these, that'd be great.

ive had my 08 125cc zongshen for about 5 months now no problems and i take it to bdv like every month and still no problems. i just bought the bike for fun and cause i didn't have much money and it still performs pretty good

I got this the other day
125CC TDR ALLOY PIT TRAIL MOTOR DIRT BIKE THUMPSTAR OX6 - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 28-Oct-08 20:18:00 AEDST)

soon to be resprayed.

If anyone could streer me in the right dicection of where to look on stuff bout these, that'd be great.
Yeah that bike is a TDR 125 OX6. I have a TDR 125 BX7. If you don't treat it like sh*t it should be alright. I've had mine for about 2 months and had not one problem at all.

I had afew problems from the start with mine
Fuel filter was screwed from before the first kick.
Just leaked shitloads of fuel. So that end'd up leaking all over the air filter and the surrounding, and that being plastic, just melted.
Other then that it's all good. Cept the choke is the opposite way to most, or all bikes.
Great fun!

Anyone know what sort of engine are in these?
As in what it's called? or is it just an OX ?

I got this the other day

soon to be resprayed.

its a orion! didnt think they still made the heaps of shit

Orion.jpg

here's my entry, i brought it off Achmed...

prepare for pain if you ride it like a jap bike

Last edited:
haha
cheers for the info.

So now all i know is that there sposed to be shit.
Seem's to go alright for my likings at the moment.

I think it depends on how far you want to go in the sport and what you want to do in it.
But i guess there is alot of people out there who don't have alot of money.

Latest posts

Back