Wochoo got

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wackojacko

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was looking for a pitbike but i didnt know where to start so any help would be appreciated. any rides you guys have that you liked/disliked, what broke, whats good etc etc etc. my price range is any where from free to $4000.

thanks......

there is a section called minibike reviews go there and have look and also there is a search button use it

Yeah mate there are a lot o variables hey
if your a shorter kind of fellow you could ride anything from vr50 upwards , if you like something a little bigger u can get a pitpro/terra moto, really its personal preference on what floats ur boat

i think they arnt the strongest of frames
but you can get it braced ( strengthened) for i think $100
with a budget of 4000 dont go for a china go for a jap
rm125 big wheels possibly??

4k will get you a bullshit 88 limited , Boxy had his BBR daytona 124 for $3500?

I see your in Newcastle , go see Andy at Eastcoast powersports. His got a 88 limited with fox floater , bombshells , five-o frame and sano swinga , excel rims for 3.5k.... bike will last you a life time.

Wouldn't bother with a china if I had 4k to spend , it would all end up in tears. You could buy a motovert pro etc but still its a gamble at least if you bought a honda you would get a piece of mind especially if it was from a dealer. Would definatley check out that bike but , 3.5k is a bargin!

do the stock frames bend or break easily. plus is the engine fast enough to have fun on?

Hi mate! Well with $4000 you could buy my KLX110 for $2000 and spend another $2000 or so on Mods and you will have one NICE AS RIDE going around!!!

What do you think? Get back to me mate!

Cheers ;)

i'll have to think about it. what year is the klx?

Did you get my Private Message???

Well its a 2003 Model except I bought it BRAND NEW during 2004 and Im the ONLY OWNER, I also havent ridden it much since New!!!

Even though its a 2003, when your looking at JAPANESE MINIBIKES, the Year Model doesnt really matter as they are pretty much ALL the same, Condition of the Bike is more important.

Guys on websites such as PlanetMinis have seen the bike and they are pretty Amazed at how Clean it is for its age!

Get back to me anyways mate ;)

jacko

as you said the crf although a really good bike it will be small but fun

some one mentioned a crf150r there a really fun bike and fly along you might be able to get a second hand one but not sure of the price there i can keep up with them on my ciniworx

umm from a china bike side of things for a midsize ya cant got past the pitster pro lxr there a really good bike. i'd definantly put the ciniworx 150 on top probably cause i have one but i can tell ya it's fast and real f ing tuff hell i'm 120kg and i flog the shit out of the thing hitten every gap i can and all i've busted is the rear shock and that was just a leak from the dampening clicker. got a spare now was an easy fix
so your looking at about 3500.00 for both of the above ready to go

um motorvert pro not a bad bike but ya gotta get the daychina 150 in em and them you gotta rebuild them every 10 hours and i find them a little over priced

dunno bout the new dirtmax it looks ok but i'm told they have skimped on a few things like frame streghth compared to the pitser but this is just rumour at this stage but from a good sorce

if ya can get a klx in good nick you'd be set but you will end up throwing a bit of coin at it the 110 stock hauls ass but takes a bit to get there but if you've seen ryans bike in last months fotm then you will fall for em straight away

good luck man enjoy the process

Jacko,

If it's worth anything I just bought the new LX pitster pro for 3.5k. I actually havent picked it up yet but be sure that when I do I'll post some pics up here and give you a run down.

I did my head in for a while wondering whether I should get a Jap bike instead. Was looking at the 250f's or 125 2 stroke. Thing that got me was that I'd have to spend a go 1-2k for a bike I'd be happy with, otherwise you'd be getting a model that's too old (in my opinion, and for what I would want).

I am still unsure whether I have made the right choice about getting a china. Time will tell. I am not sure if the bad hype about china is a little overdone due to the amount of poor quality (cheaper) bikes out there. No doubt tho, probably cant argue the fact that Jap bikes are of better quality. Thing is, you'll be buying 2nd hand a few years old for the same price of a pitster. Just gotta decide what you actually want really.

Piece of mind for me about the Pitster Pro LX (LXR overseas) is that it has the rear linkage suspension, and it seems to be one of the only china bikes that raced in last years vegas SX (don't quote me on that tho!). So if it's in the pro ranks competing with the Japs, I think it has some validity.

I think in time this sport will grow. There may be some ready to go, hotted up CRF/KLX/TTR's available at a cheaper price. And maybe the quality of china bikes from the better brands will improve.

I think it is ridiculous to spend upward of 10-15k on a mini bike when you could do the same on a normal size bike. I also think the higher end china bikes cop too much flack from the reputation of the cheaper ones.

Having said all that, these are just my opinions from the research I have done. In the end, just make sure you do your due diligence and research cos it's your choice to make. Take everyones opinions with a grain of salt. Mine may change in six months time when I see how my pitster goes, but it may not. Thing is I have made my own choice based on my own throrough research. If I have stuffed up... pffft. I'll sell, buy a jap, learn the lesson and move on!

Keep an eye out for my pics up here next week

Cutters (sheesh that was a long post ay!)

maybe why not a china, there are some good china bikes out there

there are nothing wrong with chinas i had one lol
but with a budget or $4000 you will rather go towards a jap which has obviouse quality and will last you longer in the long run.
but there are also some really good chinas like the pitster pro as someoe mentioned that are really good but would be leaning towards a jap

good luck and keep us posted on your buy

Latest posts

Back