Yamaha GT80 Resto

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RB-125

Reaction score
Hey guys thought I would do a thread about the slow resto of my old GT80, The motor should run but needs needs a rebiuld and a new clutch witch isn't easy to find at a decent price. The bike has got a compliance plate but this bike is just going to be used as muck around bike, Im tossing up between chucking a lifan 110 in there or fixing up the original.
If i decide on the lifan 110 it will include some chopping and welding of the frame because the horizontal motor will be a bit long for a straight in fit.
Any way here is some pics of the bike sit now:
S5000027-2.jpg

S5000028-1.jpg

S5000029-1.jpg

hey mate i have a 1973 gt80 sitting doing nothing you wanna buy a roller for spares
and fix the original motor i tried a china motor in mine the front wheel hits the cylinder over any small bump plus keep up the value

Newbe

Hey i have just joined and am in the throws of restoring an MX80, so if RB125 doesn't need the parts, I'm looking for a seat and oil pump :D

Mate Sorry for hijacking your thread :eek:

Rod

hey mate the seat i have need to be recovered and new foam(my dog found it) you can have the rolling frame for $50 pick up or you can pay postage if you wish i have no engine it was rusted solid so i sold it to the wreckers

Hey mate you don't have any spare engine parts laying around do you because rolling chassis wise I'm fine for parts, just need to get the motor up and running

nah mate sorry the only engine part left is the exhaust i can post a pic if u want it

i have half a garage full of yamaha 80 parts. I bought the entire inventory of a wrecker who was quitting the business.
i happen to have a milk crate full of clutch parts...
i also have lots of wheels. other asst engine parts i/e magnetos, engine cases etc.

if you want anything... just send me a message.
i dont require most of whats in my garage, since as the resto is almost complete. happy to sell what i've got to clear up some garage space for the next project.

NAIPALM

Do you have any cyliinders there?

Do you have any cyliinders there?

gt80 parts

yes, i'm pretty sure i do... let me have a look tomorrow and i'll get back to you.

send me a message with your contact details so i can tell you directly

its almost a spitting imagine of my KD80. man these things are like ancient. If your interested in a Kd80 let me know haha.

anyone no were to get parts in or willing to send to adelaide?
like wheels and any road gear lights,speedo..etc.. thanks.

Handsome and proud lad holding the bars was the old FP, on my 10th birthday, May 6, 1976. lol

May762.png

lol u still got it buy any chance?

Nah. Little brother got an XR75 that August for his BD, so I whined my way in to a new 77 YZ80, tossed the GTMX in the classifieds.
Then a growth spurt to 78 RM125, 79 YZ125, 1980 YZ465, etc.

Last edited:
gt80 parts

i have half a garage full of yamaha 80 parts. I bought the entire inventory of a wrecker who was quitting the business.
i happen to have a milk crate full of clutch parts...
i also have lots of wheels. other asst engine parts i/e magnetos, engine cases etc.

if you want anything... just send me a message.
i dont require most of whats in my garage, since as the resto is almost complete. happy to sell what i've got to clear up some garage space for the next project.

NAIPALM

how's it going, i know this is an old post but i thought i would try. i'm looking for a 1976 gt80 seat base and was wondering if you still had any, or even if you know if you can use another seat base on that year bike? thanks, dan

I doubt you'll get an answer from him, he hasn't been on here for over 4 years

but that seat was used from 1973 on the GT1 right through to the MX80J in 1982
all these models used the same seat-
2A3-W2473-00-00 YAMAHA SEMI-DBL-SEAT ASY

1973 GT1 SEAT
1973 GTMX SEAT
1974 GT80A SEAT
1974 GTMXA SEAT
1975 GT80B SEAT
1975 GT80MXB SEAT
1976 GT80C SEAT
1976 GTMXC SEAT