your worst motorcycle accident !!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah mine dont quite compare, but i've had my one "big" stack... back in 98, on an old 1980 PE175 that someone spent WAAAAAY too much money on, had been jumping this tricky little double all day. bout a 40footer, but the take off ramp was short and peaky, so it was a pretty technical jump to clear, without being pitched over the bars..
The run up was pretty messy, few potholes and ruts, which added to problems, and you need to carry the front tyre just off the ground for the last 3 or 4 mtrs before hitting the ramp.. so there i am, lining it up for the hundredth time, lift the front, and clip the gear lever with my toe, resulting in a false neutral as the bike hits the base of the take off ramp....
All the panic revving in the world wasnt bringing this one back... seat spanked me hard, turning me into a javelin and launching me straight into the bad side of the down ramp.. last thing i remember was thinking "F*** landing on your head hurts" and looking up to see 100kg of upside down Suzuki heading straight for me... Seat and tank nailed me fair in the testimicles, and broke my pelvis with the impact. Then of course, naturally, the bike pins me to the ground, and is now in gear again, screaming its tits off at WOT... The ex-wifey and her mates thought i was just mucking around, and didnt come over for a look until the bike seized and made bad noises, and she could finally hear me yelling..
So they pick the bike up, then despite my protests, pick me up either side, then step away.. so there's 90kg of me, on a broken pelvis.. pain hurty, pass out, hit deck again, further cracking pelvis..
get thrown into my ute, and driven ten kms into town.. Being a sunday, doc cant be located to do the x-rays... so there i am feeling kinda busted, and then the extremities start tingling...
Apparently the hospital didnt agree that landing on my head from 15ft up in the air, followed by 100kg of dirt bike landing on me necessitated immediate xrays... So i ring the old man, (he's a GP) he hangs up, and a minute later i'm having MRI scans.. imagine that...
ended up with a broken pelvis in two places, and 4 ribs from the bike landing on me....
scary part was, i had body armour on...
couldnt walk, cough, laugh, sneeze or hiccup for about 3 months...
second stack i had, i dont really remember cause i passed out from dehyrdation, but i woke up with a brake lever THROUGH my arm near the wrist, pinning me to the ground... 120km from base, in the middle of the desert...
So REPLACE YOUR LEVERS WITH BROKEN TIPS!!! they may end up pinning you to the ground for three hours... :)

Well I had a huge one on my Kawasaki ZZR-1100. It was back in 1984. We were moving from Townsville to Darwin. My parents,brother and sister were in a Chrysler CJ towing a 18ft caravan.It was about 2 o'clock in the morning coming out of Pentland in North West Queensland. I was about 200 metres behind them on my bike when the car went over a dry creekbed bridge. Next thing I know there is this huge bloody skippy in front of me on the bridge. I didn't see it come from anywhere it was like the bastard just dropped from the sky. I hit it head on. I was doing 100km/h. I was thrown over the bars, my thighs ripped the clip-ons off and I landed straight on my head. The helmet cracked in the middle and broke both my collarbones. The handlebars broke my pelvis and ruptured my spleen. I broke 4 ribs on the LHS and 3 on the RHS. Left ankle broken and both wrists. The front wheel of the bike when it bent back was level with the rear on the LHS. Free chooper ride to Townsville and as far as I know the bike is still out there. Insurance paid out on the bike. 5 months in TGH and another 3 in physio. So I guess this can be clarified as a big stack. Only thing I have now after all these years is slight nerve damage in the RHS of my neck which makes me twitch occassionally. Seems like a pin is getting pricked in to my neck.

That is a big 1 man ouch.........lol how did you wipe your own arse :confused::D

this was a while back now..... when i had a kx85 and my mate had this china 125 thing, we use to ride in this paddock it was just a straight about 40m or so and at the end was 1 tree....... just 1 than there was about another 3 or 4m behind the tree there was this creek and it was just all mud and water and yukk stunk real bad, and any way we use to just race up and down and you could slow down and just turn around in between the tree and the creek and go back, one day my mate took off early and i thought i would try catch up next thing im in like 4th flat power band gettin speed wobble and I go flyin past him as I look at him when I went past just the look he had was like wow man your goin way to fast than by the time I look forward again the creek is gettin closser and closser soo I panicked as you do and hit the back brakes and at that time I was headin rite for the creek and the tree was about 4 m to the side of me, but when iv hit the brakes it stared a drifting action and i was still goin hell fast and i would have missed it all and stoped in time but...... my back wheel just tiped the tree well not just tip hit it hard my front wheel was way out of the way but because i was sliding i hit the tree pritty much were the swinga meet the frame and i went straight over the bars doin a front flip pritty much and luckly i didnt go into the creek soo lucky it happen that way coz i was still goin fast enough to go rite into the creek! the tree came out second best cause half of it was in my foot pegs and wedged in my frame and under my rear shock. i must have hit my upper leg as i went over coz i thought i got out scott free but the next day i had the biggest bruise it was mad dog hahah, i spent the next couple days gettin all the tree out of my bike and we used all the wood from under my frame for a bon fire... hah only kidding but there was far chunk missing out of the tree lol, the bruze was there for bout 4 weeks, and my leg was quaked for like a week.

That is a big 1 man ouch.........lol how did you wipe your own arse :confused::D

Mate I didn't. I had a few spunky nurses do it but it was mainly the old matrons or a male nurse at times. I was never comfortable with them except the young ones. And percy did not stand to attention. I was in too much pain. WHY DID GOD INVENT SKIPPY'S?

THUMP. That's what about happened to me. Ripped the prang then the bloody thing lands on top of you. I was taught when i did my advanced riding course that in a sign of an impending accident to hit that big red button.KILL SWITCH. I didn't but when I saw that flaming skippy in front of me my left hand switched off the keys. Yes I had a motza get off but it didn't land on me. I think I had an apprenticeship for NASA as I got launched sky high. After that I doona knooow Scotty as I woke up in Townsville as after having a free (taxpayer funded and I am one) heli chooper ride.

was pinning it down a beach at like 6:30 in the morning it was slightly raninig had no goggles on could hardly see was goin bout 80km i rekon and found a rock and got hoicked over the bars and rag dolld like a b!tch haha

hey guys i have some good news and some bad news.
good news is i alive
bad news is i cant ride my bike for 4-6 weeks!!!!
i caught air (umm acidentally) and came down hard and had a massive cut (i'll upload a pic of it later).
went straight to the hospital and got it stiched (at like 9:00 at nite!!!!!!).
so ill be on the computer, vomiting (i just did like 5 mins ago), and work on the caby!!!
oh and taking panadol and iboprufen.
keep you guys (and gals) updated!

thanks
james

ouch ranga...nice ur back up and riding though...

ive had a few nothing bad though nothing broken really

about 2 or 3 years ago riding my xr100 on an old country roadover took a van about 70 steered off to go onto another road and went into a storm drain..got flipped over was wearing helmet and hydration pack hydration pack took some of the impact as i landed on my back forks got abit bent up but was still rideable to make it the full 30 k home

start of the year riding a motorised skate board around a woman walking her dog it had no leash i was doing about 35 i slowed down in case the dog ran in front of me and the board being one wheel drive and drum brake on the other wheel got the wobbles i bailed my front foot got caught in the foot hook and the board went over and i got launched the lady said i got 5ft up and landed 10 metres away from the board nothing bad bruised hips skin off shoulders and back off arms etc my hip feels wierd to this day though...i loved that machine
quite a few crashes on it gonna buy another soon...

my mate had a stack about a week ago now riding his aprilia rs125 was going to fast lost control is in hospital with fractured legs and punctured lung...going to go see him tommorrow he mite be in for awhile...

had my first decent crash yesterday doing some trail riding on my wr400f.

i was behind my dad on his 250 and decided to over take him because ho was going slow for some reason.

Now we where riding along side a train track (it was to our right side) and he had seen something infront of us that i missed until i was there. So I hit this deep ditch where a concrete storm water pipe ran under the tracks that let water pass under the tracks, if that makes sense. The pipe, luckily, only protruded into this ditch by about 30 - 40cm. anyway, i was doing 60 when i saw it. It was too late to brake and if i did i would of hit the other side of this ditch nose first and gone flying over the bars. So i gave the throttle a quick squirt and picked the front up a little. So i hit the uphill side of the ditch flat.

The bike bottomed out and i bounced out of the ditch, landed on my rear tire and went another 10 meters. Then this is where it gets interesting. I stayed on top of the bike the entire time. the front came down and then the bike slipped out under me to the right, it slid to the right and completely turned around so when i stopped it was on my left.

Because i stayed on the bike the whole time the worst part of the whole thing was that i get dirt in my mouth. Not a single scratch on the bike or me. So i just jumped back up. :)

I think i got a little lucky, if i had lost control i could of ended up hitting the concrete pipe or even winding up on the rocks or train track rather then the soft sand.

Too close for comfort.

I think it's time to revive this thread...

My most memorable crash (not my worst (in most ways)) was on a postie bike... Strange hey?

I was working at a petrol station at the time so doing all sorts of fun shift work. I'd just finished a late shift (midnight) the night before and opened up again in the morning (out of bed at 4:30). Knocked off at 2pm and rang my mate to see what he's up to, it's a nice day so we decide to meet down at the beach. Jump on the postie bike and off I go.

Was heading down Beach Rd in Melb just past the Brighton Surf club and scanning the footpath for my mate (instead of the road) as I'd just spotted a few bikes parked. Turned back to the traffic in time to realise that it has come to a dead stop and I'm still coasting along at 60... Smacked straight into the rear of a Commodore, slid forwards off the seat, wrapped groin first around the speedo, pivoted and head butted my way through the rear windscreen. Didn't stay there though, just popped in to say hi and slid back out onto the road :p

At this point I'm laying on the ground kind of dazed with a mouthful of glass (had my visor open)and the pain starts to catch up. I start to get up off the ground (silly move I know) and despite a couple of passers by trying to stop me manage to do so and pull me helmet off... After spitting out the glass and getting my breath, the first words out of my mouth were "F**K, MY NUTS!" :D

Over all I came off ok, went to hospital to get checked out, no breaks, some nice bruising on my chest and thighs (from the car and bars respectively), and (here's the fun one) a hematoma in the base of my d!ck where it had pinched between my pelvis and the speedo :(

Nothing serious, doesn't impede operation, my mate got a laugh seeing me hobbling out of hospital like a cowboy and as a bonus, now I'm "ribbed for her pleasure" :D

Keep the stories coming...

some of these are shocking. i dont even want to talk about mine! why do we ride bikes again?

Because it's great fun... I have a saying about racing (or riding offroad): If you don't crash, you're not trying hard enough!

I ride on the road (primary form of transport). If you want to see horrendous injuries, throw a motorcyclist in with a heap of moving bricks of metal...

yeh when i used to race i thought "if im not out of control im not going fast enough" haha.

Mine wasn't really a bad crash but it still hurt but the amount i laughed over came the pain. I was just at the top of sixth on my IT200 when suddenly a kamikaze magpie came flying out of a tree on the side of the track and decided to kill my face. i ended up losing control because i couldnt see thanks to the magpie that broke my goggles and gave me a black eye. felt like i had been hit in the head by a brick, i ended up hitting my mates bike that was parked on the side of the track.
And yes the bird did die:)

just a burn on my leg and a few bruises and grazes

+ a concussion from MTB

Last edited:
IMAG0123.jpg

happen last night to my mate, chain came off the quad bike and it roll backwards while he was putting the chain back on. his finger was inbetween the chain and sprocket :s

IMAG0123.jpg

happen last night to my mate, chain came off the quad bike and it roll backwards while he was putting the chain back on. his finger was inbetween the chain and sprocket :s

that nasty, i was eating a cookie when i opened this page :( yuk

That finger is pretty good!
I gotta admit i have been very lucky over the years but a few years ago i was chasing a mate along the powerlines at bunyip. Hookin along at about 70 or so in a rut, went to pop the front wheel to get out of it, musnt of got it high enough and the next thing i woke up about 20 metres in front of my bike which had 2 bent forks, i couldnt use my left arm and my left knee was useless. Only got a photo of the scab i had on my left knee but as you can see i pretty much took all the skin off my kneecap and seperated the muscle in my left shoulder. Worse still i had to ride back 8 or so k's to get back to the car with only my right arm and leg. Then drive my manual ute home doing the same. Got home and the missus was fuming, because i was sub contracting not being able to work meant not being paid.

stevescamera006.jpg

Latest posts

Back