YX 150 rebuild with TB piston - now smokey

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok latest.

New gearbox
new crank and rod (160)
rehoned cylinder
valve stem seals done
new L/H engine case
new selector fork
forget what else.
Going 107 main jet too
Look out on Sunday..............

Update - is anyone is actually reading this or do I simply type to myself? hahah

Bike went well, still a little lean, going 110 main this weekend. Clip second from bottom cleaned up the little pop on the needle. If 110 doesn't fatten it up enough, time for a 28mm carb.

Still smokey when cold on start up, goes away when warm, blowed if i know what causes it, maybe too much crankcase pressure with hi comp piston and standard head.

Noticed clutch started to go off the boil as well, arghhhhh.

Will wack a tube in the back wheel tomorrow then spend all Sunday chasing Styv

Hahaha, chasing styv. More like being lapped by styv, maybe the muffler packaging is quite oily still Phil and that's where the smoke is coming from. So it seems to be shifting really good?

He won't lap me, I'm not that slow!

Shifting much better, but just as my trye went flat it had a false neutral again. I'm used to it now, so all good.

Almost one year has passed and I've had 2 complete top end rebuilds since then! 60 to 63 and now 67 mm, another new gearbox, shift drum and forks, TB billet clutch and 3 rd set of clutch plates. New back wheel, second set of sprockets and chain, 2 sets of grips, 3 rd complete throttle, new seat, about 3 rear and 2 front tyres, 5 or 6 rear tubes, new plastics, new graphics, exhaust wrap, dress up kit, new head. Tomorrow it's getting engine reassembled and decomp fitted. Who said these things are a cheap past time!

Good news Phill, keen to see you and beat you down at frankston

Nice work Phil, what decomp you getting?

Mmmmm. Either ya rebuilds are dodged phil or you got bad luck. Save ya pennies and maybe go back to a 110. There bulletproof bahahaha

If it aint broke, break it.

wow I got tired just reading that! haha

Nah Mick, I just like to keep it in good nick rather than waiting for it to cark it, plus I get itchy to change stuff

I want to see how many weekends you can get out of the tranny with the 67mm kit, if its decent eg.. 4 weekends then i will have to get my cases bored, decomp port it a little larger (the tb head) and rip a skid for youtube

Update - is anyone is actually reading this or do I simply type to myself? hahah

i've been watching this thread, sandbagging in the background....
just seeing how it all holds up, i have a project engine now 155ho , yey

Engines in, decomp fitted, bit of a pain to set up, but all good. Once decomp is pushed and released you can breath on the kick starter and it fires, works awesome. After the race next weekend I have another plan. I have a strange feeling a Daytona 4v head will fit on a yx, hmmmmm.

Super cross is on sis now, gotta go

are you thinking about that head from killer68monaro?
i have been too, but cant afford it, lol

Didn't see that for sale. Local shop has a few lying around!

Latest posts

Back