yx or daytona 150 ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimikez

Reaction score
new to pitbikes tryn to decide on a yx or daytona motor and how much money i should be payin also any hot tips woulb be cool

daytona are obv a better engine, smooth, feels tight, more power and way more reliable BUT it comes at a price. none the less YX engine's are good value for money and put out a decent kick and cheeper to rebuild. ive purchaced a daytona 150 for the RX and cant wait, with the racing cams made for the engine they put a bit over 21HP once agin you'll have to pay for it Arbre à came hp DAYTONA upgrade - 150cc EN STOCK ! La nouveauté "gagnante" :p
im pretty sure with the yx 150's you MIGHT be able to squeese 17-18ish
price wise daytona's RRP at about 1399$ standed 18 hp and YX 150 standard 16hp at about 599$

Last edited:
hardly bro
just going by the internet
what are you saying is way off?

Last edited:
Rule number 1:

Dont believe Hp claims in China bike advertisements!

Im no expert , but a stock yx 150 would be around 12hp give or take... and the daytona wouldn't be to much more.

Rule number 1:

Dont believe Hp claims in China bike advertisements!

Im no expert , but a stock yx 150 would be around 12hp give or take... and the daytona wouldn't be to much more.

my mate had his GPX 150 dyno'd from new and it showed 15.7 hp
and i beleve the daytona is around 18 at standard.
im possibly wrong and you may be right. but i did see my mates dyno time write up

also check out no_crf_50_here's 140 dyno right up
http://www.miniriders.com.au/minimotards/24573-17-5-hp-mini-motard.html

Last edited:
going off HP on an engine means absolute sht...
the torque is what you want to compare.

and also the china adverts dont say where they measured the HP from...wheel or crank...or wat setup...
lol the best company for dodgy dyno figures is dirtmax, take a look at his dyno graph. from memory it shows peek power at about 5000rpm

and another thing... for HP or torque to be compared against each other they all need to be done on the same dyno in the same mode...
dyno's can be made to give a good result, its all in the torque load the dyno puts out...

i setup a nitrous'ed 350 chev torana once and we ran it in all the dyno shootouts every time they were on, the 2 dyno dynamics dyno's gave within 10HP of each other which were in 2 different locations and at different times of the day... without nitrous it was 320hp(approx) with nitrous it was 588hp

now on a totally different breed of dyno it run up 360hp without and about 600hp with...

sht load different

dynos are only used as a tuning aid and every time you dyno tune it it needs to be done on the same dyno..

yeah thats so true sean.
i was just kinda trying to give the kid a bit of info :)
you know kids "I WANA GO FASTER"...and adults ^_^
the dyno figures for the daytona are pretty impressive tho :\
and it is supose to be a "quality" japanese engine with is what probs gave me its trust

lol i can imagin a chinese dyno made with a pedal bike speedo attached to a toilet roll stuffed on a rolling pin
held on a bench with a vice with the back wheele sitting on it and 4 little men reving a bike holding it on there :p

Last edited:
...its a common fashion to print overblown horsepower for this engines everywhere!.....A GPX150 (KLXhead) makes around 13hp stock and a Daytona around 15HP...but there is no much room for improvement to go bigger with them. With the GPX you can bild crazy 200cc + engines if this is what you want.

thanks for all the replies i dont realy care about hp and all that i just wanna know wich is more reliable, also the store im purchasing the motor from has the daytonas for 700 and the yx is 599
one last thing they also had a yx160 gen 2 he said it had an upgraded gearbox, does anyone now what the upgrades are eg stronger cogs or better geAR ratios

updated bearing or something .. nothing special .

Daytona 150 for $700 ? i would probably go for that to see what there like.. cheapest i have seen them.

the daytona for $700 will be the lifan copy. i have the current yx160 with the bearing upgrades and it has been thrashed and raced fot he last 4 months and has not given me one problem.

thanks for all the replies i dont realy care about hp and all that i just wanna know wich is more reliable, also the store im purchasing the motor from has the daytonas for 700 and the yx is 599
one last thing they also had a yx160 gen 2 he said it had an upgraded gearbox, does anyone now what the upgrades are eg stronger cogs or better geAR ratios

daytona for 700... could almost bet there lifan 150's

and for the yx160 or any of these engines, there are no gear upgrades... not even the genuine daytona.. and if you do find some, they cost the earth and be duds..

valve for money i would go the 155z or the yx160...
there are an abundance of engine upgrades available for the yx engines and the version 2 seems to be close to bullet proof..

yeah thats so true sean.
i was just kinda trying to give the kid a bit of info :)
you know kids "I WANA GO FASTER"...and adults ^_^

what do you mean give the kid some advice?didnt i read on another thread you are only 15?mate you still are a kid

ok so i went out and got the yx 160 with an oil cooler today for 800 and have started puting it on the frame how would you recomend i run it in and any tips on instaling it would be aprecated

the $700 daytona was a lifan with a daytona case

first make sure your valve clearance is ok
yea run it hard through all the gears, then engine brake back to second and run hard through the gears again

don't rev the tits off it, but don't granny it either.

change the oil after 30mins, then continue running it hard, change oil after 2hours and check the valves again

yeah ive read about these new "daytona" 150. they have all daytona engine covers ect but they are china copy's. 2 have already came into work and the engines were ****ed. i wouldnt bother because they quality is not better then the Yx's

yes they are. the REAL T-REX daytona 150's are
not those 147 "daytona"

Latest posts

Back