yx140 burning oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makedonski

Reaction score
dear experts,

one day i left my bike over at the mechanic for a service to change the back tube/Tyre, valve clearances, nd 2 change a plate on the top end of the engine because i had threaded the bolt that connects from the engine to the oil cooler. Back to the point, after this i noticed when i got home that my bike didn't have enough oil so i topped it up to full. Took it out at broady mx track couple days later for my mates bday. i gave it a good thrashing to be honest. i noticed at one stage it was smoking white smoke like it was a 2 stroke. i let it cool down for like 5min. started it again and it was fine. I got home checked the oil and noticed it was at the same level as it was when i got it back from the mechanic.

Does it stop burning oil and some specific amount left in the engine?
What needs to be replaced?
Can i just keep topping it up nd not worry about it?

Please help guys nd thanks.

what do you mean by " top up the oil" ?
u fill it to the top of the engine?

what mechanic was it? was it a chinabike mechanic or a normal bike mechanic? it's a tricky question but could be he had nfi and stuffed up the valve clearance

chinabike mechanic. After he had done the valve clearances it has got its compression back and i can start it without the choke cold. It also felt like it gained power. It's a dealer where they sell only chinas. But yeh mayb i dunno.

Last edited:
it was near empty so i put in the remaining 300ml of oil that i had left over. After i put that in, i checked the dipstick and it was perfectly topped up to where it should be. i use semi synthetic motul gold oil. I always buy it in a litre bottle. i always pour in 700ml so i have 300ml left over if i need to top it up and when i buy another litre i have another 300ml left over so i can just put in 600ml for the next oil change.

anyway could my rings be burnt? or the gaskets, i dunno.

you think i should use the castrol activ 4t? and if i put 850ml in it, the dipstick shows ive overfilled the right amount.

yep semi synth oil isnt good for em, your playing with 20-30yr old engine technology
100% mineral oil is what ya use..

ok i'll give that type of oil a try. But i doubt thats the reason why its burning oil ):

i hope so, i'll buy some oil today or tomorrow and i'll see what happens.

Latest posts

Back