yx140 MORE STUPID CARBY QUESTIONS

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funfisher

Reaction score
G day (again) guys,
yeah yeah im back with more silly questions,
ok so my young bloke has a yx 140 engine, all stock standard with a molkt carby on it,
Question 1
Should i put a 26mm oko on it, i have read a lot of good stuff on here regarding this carby?

Question 2
Again reading on here on different jetting options i have noticed the general concensus is a 95 size main jet however all the comments are based around giving more top end performance, as the young bloke has just stepped up into the 140cc from a 125, and most of the type of riding he does is in the bottom 2/3rds of the throttle range im am woried that this carby and jetting set may loose his bottom end performance, getting the valve clearances done and set at 3 thou inlet and 4 thou on the exhaust ( as recommended on here ) so that should all be good.

So what are your thoughts.

Great forum by the way, heaps of great info on here for someone new to chinese bikes and so far some very helpfull people.

Have a great weekend guys

cheers

IMO the 26 oko is to big for the 140 some people will disagree with me but I've tried it and tuning it was a bit hit and miss some days good some days terrible, I never could get it just right. I went with the 24mm oko on my zongshen 140 and it is a hell of alot better then any set up I could get with the 26. Bigger is not always better especially if you worried about losing bottom end. That's just my thoughts mate, if you went the 24mm I can pull my carb apart and tell you my final settings if you want.

IMO the 26 oko is to big for the 140 some people will disagree with me but I've tried it and tuning it was a bit hit and miss some days good some days terrible, I never could get it just right. I went with the 24mm oko on my zongshen 140 and it is a hell of alot better then any set up I could get with the 26. Bigger is not always better especially if you worried about losing bottom end. That's just my thoughts mate, if you went the 24mm I can pull my carb apart and tell you my final settings if you want.

cheers thanks heaps mate

I also have the 26 molkt(actually a 24mm throat) they take a mikuni pilot jets and oko main jets just incase you try and tune your molkt instead, if your patient enough you could dial the molkt in to be responsive enough, but an oko flatslide will be much more peaky in the low/mid range

been a while since i put this on but mate if you read this it would be great to know what your settings in your carby are

Hey mate ill try to have a look this arvo for you I wouldn't be able to tell you of the top of my head. Ill get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

cool thnks mate, looking for low to mid performance and this carby looks the goods for the yx 140

Hey mate just had a look at the carb settings and the setup I ended up with is Pilot 34 Main 96 Needle middle clip Mixture 1/4 turn out. It still runs a tad rich on pilot/idle but has no bog or hesitation from zero to hero, I couldn't get my hands on a smaller pilot jet so I left it but can't complain about it at all it pulls hard down low so I was happy with that setup. If you go for the 24mm oko then I would say that this is a good base line but what works for me, may not work for you but I'm sure it will get you pretty close. Hope you sort it out soon mate. If you need any help mate just ask, cheers mate take it easy Brendo.

Hey mate just had a look at the carb settings and the setup I ended up with is Pilot 34 Main 96 Needle middle clip Mixture 1/4 turn out. It still runs a tad rich on pilot/idle but has no bog or hesitation from zero to hero, I couldn't get my hands on a smaller pilot jet so I left it but can't complain about it at all it pulls hard down low so I was happy with that setup. If you go for the 24mm oko then I would say that this is a good base line but what works for me, may not work for you but I'm sure it will get you pretty close. Hope you sort it out soon mate. If you need any help mate just ask, cheers mate take it easy Brendo.

cheers mate thanks heaps i think i will go that way and see how it goes

Latest posts

Back