z160 crank swap?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3NNINGS_024

Reaction score
hey everyone, i was just wondering if you can put a yx160 (57mm stroke) short crank in a z160? if i can, is it a straight forward swap?

cheers, Brad

There is no intelligent life on that Planet.

Edited, 'cuz I was wrong.
Yes, they'll swap, but a longer oil transfer tube is needed, or use the YX clutch cover.

Old 53mm YX150 crank, Mattified, for use in a Zonger:
Photo285.jpg

Last edited:
yeah the z160 cranks are a little bit different on the end..

the yx160 short crank is a direct swap over in the older 155's, just need a slingerless clutch cover

thanks guys, very helpfull! GDFP, when you say a couple of mm, is it an exact number or is it until it fits properly?

Since the Zonger uses a spring-loaded deal, close will do. I can get an exact measurement, but as CJ said, measure up and make 'em the same. The one I pictured started as a long slinger-type. The debris was from hacking it without plugging the hole. Nice work... Had to press it apart for a thorough cleaning, replace the rod, bearing, pin and one main. I've shortened others for a snap-ring, like a KX65, and had good results. Gear is straight-cut so it isn't trying to escape.

Chit, I was backwards. Again. YX left, Zonger right. YX is aboot 4mm shorter. Need to make a longer oil tube is all. Still only gaining 2mm stroke.

Photo308.jpg

Latest posts

Back