z160 ORK with lighting support

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastR

Reaction score
I have asked in a few threads but have yet to come to a conclusion so I thought I would make a thread about it to try and get a definitive answer.

My z160 currently has an ORK but with no yellow wire. I need to be able to charge a battery...

I have read every thread I can find on it but haven't really come up with anything.

Could someone please give me an example of an ORK that will fit? I have asked DHZ and their one won't fit apparently, not sure where else to look as they either state it's for a Lifan or don't say anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
if you do get a lifan 150 ork, just get 3mm shimmed off backing plate and your sweet, they make a big difference to

if you do get a lifan 150 ork, just get 3mm shimmed off backing plate and your sweet, they make a big difference to

Can this be done with a grinder? or does it need to be more precise? If it requires special tools id rather just get one that fits out of the box.

yeah you get a lifan 150 ork and have to get it milled down on a lathe shouldnt cost to much to get it done PM sean01 he may be able to do it for you. and hes a top bloke

So by the sounds of it there isn't one that fits out of the box if people go to this trouble? What about the ones that are factory fitted on some of the z160's? Surely you can get one of them somewhere?

i know it doesnt help much but yeah the lifan 150 ork have the charge wire and seem to be the way alot of people go.. i learnt the hard way (was in a hurry) that you shouldnt zip tie the white and the yellow wire together... bye bye cdi...

So which one is a Lifan 150 ORK? Could you please post a link, sorry for my noobiness lol.

Ok thanks heaps.

That was the one I was going to get originally but decided to ask DHZ first if it would fit and they said no.

I'll grab it next order and see how I go.

Ok thanks heaps.

That was the one I was going to get originally but decided to ask DHZ first if it would fit and they said no.

I'll grab it next order and see how I go.

You'll definitely still need to get it milled down... Bite the bullet and get it done though, it won't cost that much and everyone raves about these rotors ;)

You'll definitely still need to get it milled down... Bite the bullet and get it done though, it won't cost that much and everyone raves about these rotors ;)

Yeah no probs, thanks.

FWIW, there are numerous articles on winding your own stator out there. Not Zonger specifically, but the same principles as a Honda 50 job.

where did you get your engine?

how many wires are coming out of the stator plate?

this is quoted from the dhz page New 2010 PitsterPro z160 HO Engine, 6 Plate HD Clutch, Rotor Kit Support Lighting & Battery Charging - DHZ Mini Moto
"New 2010 PitsterPro z160 HO Engine, 6 Plate HD Clutch, Rotor Kit Support Lighting & Battery Charging"

then there's these kits Stator & Magneto, Seals Lifan YX GPX 140cc 150cc 160cc - DHZ Mini Moto (just confirm with DHZ that its compatible with the z160, which i think it would)

where did you get your engine?

how many wires are coming out of the stator plate?

this is quoted from the dhz page New 2010 PitsterPro z160 HO Engine, 6 Plate HD Clutch, Rotor Kit Support Lighting & Battery Charging - DHZ Mini Moto
"New 2010 PitsterPro z160 HO Engine, 6 Plate HD Clutch, Rotor Kit Support Lighting & Battery Charging"

then there's these kits Stator & Magneto, Seals Lifan YX GPX 140cc 150cc 160cc - DHZ Mini Moto (just confirm with DHZ that its compatible with the z160, which i think it would)

I got mine from revmx and they don't come with the extra wire off the stator (doesn't have a yellow wire) I've ordered the one that the other guys recommended and I'll just get 3mm taken off the back. Ended up costing more than buying off DHZ, but i've learnt my lesson :mad:

Latest posts

Back