Z160ho wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh well do you think dhz will replace the cam chain if i send one i bought back.

Im 99 percent sure it was to long

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Maybe contact low rb and ask if DHZ swapped his over ?
Check out his thread too, his top guide was warn so he replaced that at the same time.

Revisting this old thred. Still got the engine sitting there waiting to be fixed. Thought i might have another go at it because i would love to get it going!

So im going to pull it all apart again and try find out why this cam chain is lose ill have a look at these cam chain guides and inspect for wear.

so today i pulled the engine apart and got the new cam chain out of it and compared it to the old one.

I decided to ring dhz and ask them about the cam chain lengths and how i my cam chain might have been to long, the guy i spoke with told me that there is 2 different length cam chains for the 155z motor, and he said he didnt have the smaller cam chains in stock.

so i asked if he sold and after market cam chain Tensioners and he said yeah i can sort u out with one for that enigne what your postal address and ill send you one free of charge!!

so glad i made that call today haha ended up getting a free chain tensioner,

be good if this get the engine going!! lol!

Awesome mate I hope you get it all sorted.

Guessing you were speaking to Casey at DHZ?

not sure motorman, and turns out there was no cam chain tensioners :( so I'm thinking I might have to extend the one I have some how, the guy from dhz said that I could tac weld it to extend the tensioner.. also he said that the Daytona 190s run the same cam chain tensioner, could I use of of these?

should I just modify my one or buy an after market one any ideas guys ?

just a thought... how hard is it to inspect the clutch, gear box, side of the engine and crank, just a bit worried I might buy a new cam chain tensioner and then it turns out the bottom end needs work or the rings or something, plus I wouldn't mind learning how to do it so I can keep the engine running good

Last edited:
not sure motorman, and turns out there was no cam chain tensioners :( so I'm thinking I might have to extend the one I have some how, the guy from dhz said that I could tac weld it to extend the tensioner.. also he said that the Daytona 190s run the same cam chain tensioner, could I use of of these?

should I just modify my one or buy an after market one any ideas guys ?

just a thought... how hard is it to inspect the clutch, gear box, side of the engine and crank, just a bit worried I might buy a new cam chain tensioner and then it turns out the bottom end needs work or the rings or something, plus I wouldn't mind learning how to do it so I can keep the engine running good

Do not extend the one you have. Recipe for disaster.

If they are the same pitch cam chains as well as length then yeah you can run the 190 ones.

It's not hard to inspect clutch but you shouldn't really need to. It won't have anything to do with your bottom end I wouldn't think.

Take baby steps, get the cam chain sorted first and then see what else you need to do.

You could also try classic honda 50's as they may have the right one or something that suits. :thumbup:

Fair enough then haha. I Sent an email to honda 50s asking if they had a cam chain tensioner. Hopefully they got something.

Was also thinking about like drilling out the old cam chain tensioner and taping it out and put a longer bolt through? I think i seen that done before craig had posted it somewhere

well no luck getting a manual cam chain tensioner, ill just buy a new cam chain for the engine and just try to put the cam chain tensioner in right.

now I have a fairly good idea how to install the cam chain tensioner now properly now, just have to bolt it on there but not put the spring in until... that's where I'm stuck.

motor man if u know how to do this can u give me a quick guide on how to do it please mate?

was just looking on dhz at buying new cam chain and they only have the a 46 link cam chain for the z160ho

craig said on this thred that the z160ho takes the 90 link chain..

so now I'm not 100% sure if I should go ahead and buy the cam chain

Latest posts

Back