'04 Thumpy Resto/Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
think i might have a look for some different dremel tools, see if i can find something a little smaller to allow me to do "better" swirling...
Then i'll stick it on the fridge next to my finger painting of the Bling40. :D ba ha ha

yeah that's what i was thinking... gonna have a look at some different dremel attachments, see if i can find something that will give me a more uniform swirl pattern, without spending hours tracing small circles, and losing feeling in my fingers again... ha ha ha

I done this to an old crank case from my pocket bike, i done the whole thing though, like tried to make it really shiny.. can get a pic if you want?

yeah mate, post it up...
keen for ideas at this stage...
missus suggested doing some engraving on the cases as well... could do some tribal flamework or scrollwork on it...
might find another old case and have a play...

i'll go get ya a pic now dude..

hey thump.. got me self a genuine thumpy too.. its a roller.. got some nice plans for it.. i think im going with lifan 140.

heres one. .

P1010102.jpg

its got a sort of chrome finish, i like it.. i haven't had to clean it or anything since i done it like 6months ago...

heres another..

P1010108.jpg

P1010102.jpg

comparing the old and new. .

P1010107.jpg

the darker one its what it looked like before getting done...

hey thump.. got me self a genuine thumpy too.. its a roller.. got some nice plans for it.. i think im going with lifan 140.

nice work pete, what model?

Tyd that finish looks alright, almost a hammertone finish.. :)

think i need a flapper disk...

I have done the same thing but was just on a peice of metal and i was experimenting...i got it to a shining chrome, i used some wet sanding blocks, i used 3 different grits i cant remember exactly what and it worked a treat and easy as...

ah i think myn is a hunge 10 but is has the hunge 25 sticker kit on it. got the A frame swing arm and conventional forks. got the 140 lifan in it yesterday and it hammers! might enter the 10" class

^^^pics dude, pics... i'm gonna start a Thumpy thread for all those guys running Genuine Thumpys..

thump its my thumpstar that i was gonna build up but sold it to him when i got the dhz 110

they've arrived.... :D

finally the parts are rolling in, and my shed looks a bit like East50's vomited in my car port. :D
i've done a few dry assemblies with the frame and swinger and encountered a few probs, found a few solutions...
The A-frame box section alloy swinger hits the battery box on compression... so that meant cutting the battery box off, and moving it.
secondly, i found the battery box to completely block all chances of mounting the rear brake master cylinder...
out came the grinder, off came the battery box... out came some flat steel, the grinder and the welder, and the master cylinder mount was welded on, and new mounts for a removable battery box were fabricated and welded where you would normally run an oil cooler..
(note to self, insert pics here after work.. lol)

i still wasnt sure until i went to buy paint, what the final colour scheme was going to be...so i wandered into Bunnings paint section, then walked back out again with hammertone black... sounded good in theory.. ha ha..
a lot of the parts that have now shown up, have been titanium in colour, so the hammertone black actually sounded alright...
So i clean the frame up for painting, hang it on my special frame painting rack thingy, and the hammertone "BLACK" turns out to be gunmetal grey in appearance, and looks identical to the finish on the Bling40 frame, which i really like, so it's staying. MissusThump140 gave it two thumbs up, so it's all good in the hood as far as the colour scheme goes for the frame...

With the frame painted, and a few little items painted, it's ready for assembly...
there are a couple of parts i'm still waiting for, namely the induction set-up, and button start 1/4 turn throttle, and a couple of axles, which could be handy...
but aside from that, the sum of it's parts are good to go..
so far i've accumulated: :D
-12/10'' wheelset, titanium coloured rims, cast hubs, wave rotors and 41t rear
-32/40mm big bore pipe. Titanium finish with red anodised endcaps
-KDF Billet CNC triple with fatbars, Titanium in colour. (These turned out to be genuine Pitster Pro items. Epic win for the price!!!)
-Alloy box section A-frame swinger
-black & white Acerbis Emiko handguards
-Black seat with white side strips
-White plastics

Still coming: :mad:
-induction set-up= Keihin 24mm round slide, with red anodised cap and float, 360 manifold, red anodised velocity stack
Monkey Xr Xsport Dax Replica PE24 Keihin Carburetor Kit - eBay Exhausts, Performance Tuning, Accessories, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 30-Jan-10 06:35:57 AEDST)
-Bungbon 1/4 turn throttle with killswitch and button start from Akunar
-The Best Bling Levers ever.
CNC Brake Clutch Levers Master Cylinder Dax Monkey Xr - eBay Honda, Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 21-Jan-10 08:56:17 AEDST)

So far the collection of bits on the shed floor is looking pretty awesome, and i'm stoked with the way the frame came out...
Missus*Thump140 is away this week, so it's time to build.... :D
pics of the build from bare frame to completed unit to come soon...

damn those levers are nice, not too sure about the poofy colour choice tho :p

What you gonna do with the throttle that comes with the carby? would look good on my bike ;)

nice, but dam 150 for levers, **** that,,,

that keihin a fake tho right????
i'd say so... but i did hear of a few places selling genuine stamped and serialised keihins that "fell off the back of a truck" after they "fell" out the back door of keihin..
yeah the levers are expensive, but what price happiness?? ha ha
man that carby kit looks fully sik bro!!
and your right about the levers being bling!! awsome!!!
good luck with the build!
cant wait to see pics!!
yeah that carb kit sucked me in good and proper... couple of good ideas there with the rotating manifold and the anodised bits... velocity stack will look killer, just need to sort out a "sock" filter..
damn those levers are nice, not too sure about the poofy colour choice tho :p

What you gonna do with the throttle that comes with the carby? would look good on my bike ;)

They do have a range of colours... i'm going with either red or black...
The missus is going to start building her own bike, and will require a blue kit the same as mine... so yes, i'd say there's a very good chance that the throttle would look rather awesome on your bike mate. :)

Latest posts

Back