'04 Thumpy Resto/Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
41t on 10" rear Will be a tractor :D , i could let the clutch out on mine with no throttle and front brakes on and it wouldn't stall it would dig a hole lol

Sounding good , just need pictures :)

yeah pics are coming woggy... i'm going to swap the 41 out for a 35 tooth rear i found cheap.. run it tall.. heh heh..

thump, lol you giving away all my secret egay shops....now everyone will have em...
oh well i guess we ll have to ban these parts along side poofy sticker kits...ahhaha

but yeah LOTS of goodies just from that seller....

any one know where to get a hi tensile bolt kit for minis.. probs a good idea on a fast 10" bike. its gonna cop a bit.

you talking bout engine bolts peter? DHZ have them, so do JR OZ..
good idea given they arent a cradle frame.. and beef up your pegmount bars while your at it..

thump, lol you giving away all my secret egay shops....now everyone will have em...
oh well i guess we ll have to ban these parts along side poofy sticker kits...ahhaha

but yeah LOTS of goodies just from that seller....

nah, the price tags should keep away the squids... one of those lever sets is like 6 or 7 sets of cockstar graphics...WITH gay black plastics!!! ;)

nah i mean like an all over hi tensile bolt kit.. generic sorta thing. cause im sick to dead of stuff stripping and snapping for trying to undo or do it up.

pete you just need to take all your bolts to a boltshop and they will match them, doesn't cost as much as you might think. And the good hi-tensile bolts are awsome, no stripping and they seem to stay tight even without locktight

finally the parts are rolling in, and my shed looks a bit like East50's vomited in my car port. :D
i've done a few dry assemblies with the frame and swinger and encountered a few probs, found a few solutions...
The A-frame box section alloy swinger hits the battery box on compression... so that meant cutting the battery box off, and moving it.
secondly, i found the battery box to completely block all chances of mounting the rear brake master cylinder...
out came the grinder, off came the battery box... out came some flat steel, the grinder and the welder, and the master cylinder mount was welded on, and new mounts for a removable battery box were fabricated and welded where you would normally run an oil cooler..
(note to self, insert pics here after work.. lol)

i still wasnt sure until i went to buy paint, what the final colour scheme was going to be...so i wandered into Bunnings paint section, then walked back out again with hammertone black... sounded good in theory.. ha ha..
a lot of the parts that have now shown up, have been titanium in colour, so the hammertone black actually sounded alright...
So i clean the frame up for painting, hang it on my special frame painting rack thingy, and the hammertone "BLACK" turns out to be gunmetal grey in appearance, and looks identical to the finish on the Bling40 frame, which i really like, so it's staying. MissusThump140 gave it two thumbs up, so it's all good in the hood as far as the colour scheme goes for the frame...

With the frame painted, and a few little items painted, it's ready for assembly...
there are a couple of parts i'm still waiting for, namely the induction set-up, and button start 1/4 turn throttle, and a couple of axles, which could be handy...
but aside from that, the sum of it's parts are good to go..
so far i've accumulated: :D
-12/10'' wheelset, titanium coloured rims, cast hubs, wave rotors and 41t rear
-32/40mm big bore pipe. Titanium finish with red anodised endcaps
-KDF Billet CNC triple with fatbars, Titanium in colour. (These turned out to be genuine Pitster Pro items. Epic win for the price!!!)
-Alloy box section A-frame swinger
-black & white Acerbis Emiko handguards
-Black seat with white side strips
-White plastics

Still coming: :mad:
-induction set-up= Keihin 24mm round slide, with red anodised cap and float, 360 manifold, red anodised velocity stack
Monkey Xr Xsport Dax Replica PE24 Keihin Carburetor Kit - eBay Exhausts, Performance Tuning, Accessories, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 30-Jan-10 06:35:57 AEDST)
-Bungbon 1/4 turn throttle with killswitch and button start from Akunar
-The Best Bling Levers ever.
CNC Brake Clutch Levers Master Cylinder Dax Monkey Xr - eBay Honda, Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 21-Jan-10 08:56:17 AEDST)

So far the collection of bits on the shed floor is looking pretty awesome, and i'm stoked with the way the frame came out...
Missus*Thump140 is away this week, so it's time to build.... :D
pics of the build from bare frame to completed unit to come soon...

those lever's better be good for $150 lol, they sure look alright.....carb kit is different i like it. Good stuff man keen to see this thing finished :D

Assembly Hath Begun... :D

well here's the pics of the story so far... finally started bolting this thing together... :D
VVV went the rear disc conversion... this is where the master cylinder needed to be..
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build7.jpg

VVV where it is now...
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build8.jpg

completed master cylinder conversion with modified original brake lever.
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build9.jpg

After realising the battery box A: stopped me from running the rear disc master cylinder, and B: stopping the swinger from full compression, i moved it up to the lower headstem, made some quick mounts, and welded them on. pic is half completed job.
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build10.jpg

Frame all painted up. messy background doesnt show up the full hammertone effect up close and personal though.
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build11.jpg

i was thinking about doin this to my 05 gen 110 thumpy im just waiting to find a frame that i like. and isnt to expencive. if i paint my frame how long will it last

Swinger and brakes mounted VVV
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build12.jpg

Pitster Pro billet triples and fat bars. VVV
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build13.jpg

exhausty pipey thing. VVV
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build14.jpg

frame with swinger, triples, bars and forks fitted... starting to look like a bike... VVV
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build15.jpg

Close up of master cylinder installation after paint. VVV
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build16.jpg

Motor prepped (almost) for painting. Going matte black with red highlighting on the cooling fins, red alloy bling parts, and red lettering on the stator cover... VVV
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build17.jpg

...aaaand with the plastics, seat and tank dummy fitted... Colour scheme not too ugly so far, but frame is far more understated than expected... sadly.. VVV
26090-04-thumpy-resto-build18.jpg

that tripple clam and bar setup is the exact same on my pitster... i love the feel of the bars but on a mini isint it a bit overkill

other than it looks just so nice and clean

Last edited:
that tripple clam and bar setup is the exact same on my pitster... i love the feel of the bars but on a mini isint it a bit overkill
YES!!!! :D But then this entire bike is overkill... and thumpys need pretty tall bars actually... come on PBK, since when did i build something that was underkill? lol
at the end of the day

your still a fag =)

Remind me to beat you again at work tomorrow. Homo.
still on for the $50 hooker bike tomorrow night?

Thats a brave move putting the battery next to the carb and under the fuel tank Tom,hope you dont have a leaky petcock cause one spark from that battery and kaboom!!!!!!!!!!!No more uncle thump
Lookin good though that swinger is trick,would look nice on my thumpy with the ishock on show.

EDIT:Did somebody say hookers???????

ha ha, yeah didnt think of having flammable testicles if the tap leaks.. ha ha.. nah, there is going to be an alloy cover over the battery itself, and it's actually a bit further forward than it looks. it actually sits over the inlet valve cap, directly infront of the carby... pretty tight squeeze actually... but it all fit on dry assembly... just means the battery needs to come out for valve clearances... mind you, only dont that once since i bought the bike... in '04.. lol..
that swinger was only $75 if you want a link for it on egay... pretty solid unit really, compared to the stocker.. and is about 3.5-4 inches longer... lets face it, we could all do with an extra 3 or 4 inches...

Speak for yourself lol..

Looking good.

Get that metalcast red on it , will come up shmick

That was definately a good buy for $75 but i kinda like the retroness of rear drum brakes,it fits the prehistoric look and feel of the old style thumper pioneers.

Latest posts

Back