08 crf50 build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awsome looking bike that is
would love to make mine like that

where do you get the original honda sticker kits from
like the one you have on
or the older ones
pm me
cheers

Ok so I just done the gasket mod and installed my tb race cam!!
It was a bitch being the first time I've EVER pulled the head
off or attempted any sort of engine work but I finally got it all done and back together with good valve clearance.

I ended up pulling the head apart twice and re-oiling twice
and adjusting the timing way to many times,
TBH I'm just really glad I done it myself and didn't cost me $60 an hour.

The problem I came across was putting the wrong size bolt into the bottom right ignition cover hole and piercing the crank case.
But speaking to fast50s earlier today confirmed the the alloy cannot really go any where or cause any real damage. All in all it was a great experience and will not be as hard the next time I need to do it.

Here is an update of mods I've done and engine work!!

Sano BMX bar kit
BBR fork springs
Sano skid plate
Ride bold bushings
SGR tall seat
Prowheel HD rear rim
Prowheel HD rear spokes
Rim lock
Fast 50s throttle cable
Billet carby cap
Five0 brake pedal
Sano footpegs
Brandx shock
Fast50s fuel cap
Redbaron 37t sprocket
+1 shifter
13t front sprocket
Race numbers

Engine mods:
FMF power core IV
Uni-filter
Choke mod
Gasket mod
Tb race cam
Tb cdi

Next up
Re-jet carby
HD front Rim
HD front spokes

Sounds real good, i cant wait to hear how it go's with the cam after you have had a spin!

Thanks havn't rode her yet with the cam but i'll let you know how it goes..

Get some pics of yours up.

Hey 50 , what did ya use to oil the head,

Well done anyway.

Um just the honda oil you don't really need to oil the head the oil just flows through it when you kick it over I guess??

Can anyone confirm this??

The longest bolt goes on the bottom , the shortest on the top of the ignition cover.
Bummer.....

I put the longest through the bottom right hole when the shortest is meant to go there I believe.

Last edited:
just let me cut ya ignition cover then you dont need that bolt hole and then get it welded up of glued or somthing.

^^What would be the best glue to use james?
Yeah man I might send it to you this week. I'll let you know.

Cheers

not sure what youd use just hi temp "SUPER" glue i guess,not sure but...

also would you want ya "sideey" left in the silver paint finish or the alloy look like mine???

Yeah man just left how it is. If I send it wont be till thursday I might just express over night but I'll let you know if it's coming.

Cheers

were did u get it for 1500??

if your talkin about the bike you can get 08 models now for $1300 just walkin in off the street thats if you can find one if your in nsw i know hawkesburry honda has 2 left and i got my 09 for $1300 with knowing the people a little bit

ok then, wen its stock, how much would a chinese 125 be faster, if that makes sence

haha no comparison china shits all over the stocker but it wont break every time you ride it not baggin on your bike if you have a china but ive had them and now on my second honda they might be slower but dam there fun i wont go back to a china

is there much difference in speed between 125 china and 50 honda tho

Latest posts

Back