110cc mini willy jeep

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been invited to a blokes personal flattrack(dirt)in townsville tomorrow with a a few other jeep owners, so im hoping even if it isnt the best i may have some video footage hopefully of the little 110cc getting thrashed, i think the china water cooled 250cc jeep will make an appearance also, that thing is insane and will open your eyes up when you see and hear this china jeep go, fingers crossed guys.

I tonight pulled the top end off of my 110cc semi auto with reverse zonger in my mini willy jeep, i installed a lifan big valve head, the piston was a flat top and not the recessed piston you sometimes see.
I have turned the motor over by hand and all is good and no contact with the valves and piston which is good news, not sure what the comp ratio will be but the bigger valves should allow a lil bit more fuel and air mixture im hoping.
I did have to leave out the top right head and barrel locater dowel, the gasket still stayed central due to the head to barrel bolt just below the cam sprocket cover. We are going camping out west and there will be about 5 jeeps out there and i want an edge over the young punks, i have a 19mm carb with a 73.5 main and a 40 idle jet(stock jet) i have a 75 main to throw in but am thinking of a vm16 mikuni, with doing this head change does anyone think the mikuni 26 will run okay with the bigger valves but still the stock 52mm piston.

OOPS forgot to mention this engine may explode as im guinea pigging an ebay 20cc dry NOS shot kit on the 110cc semi auto jeep donk just for ****s and giggles, i wont run the bottle for any longer than a couple of seconds as she will lean out but am hoping that the bigger jet will richen it up more(low comp engine also) and on inspection of the piston it was wet so to speak from being run to rich from day one over about 50hrs, but engines are easily accessible and i dont mind giving it a go and now i have my contour helmet cam if it does we will get first hand video on it, lol.

But to those that are going to say its a waste of an engine and wont work and its not true nos and all the other crap dont bother, if it disintergrates than awesome if it doesnt i will eventually make it until it does. I understand the what ifs and mights and have signed my own indemnity form.

i've run a copy VM26 on my sons stock 110 full auto Lifan before.
i didnt have any spare jets though, i ended up using a thin piece of wire from a wire brush.
i bent one end of it over at 90 degrees, put it through the 95 main jet, and then bent the other end at 90 degrees so it couldnt come out.
the buggy was quite responsive with it suprisingly, top end was much better too.
there are a couple of pics of it fitted in my dune buggy thread too iirc?

i have a spare 110 3V in pieces here, i want to swap that head setup onto the buggy at some stage.
i will give it a port job first though.
and also need to run a bigger exhaust from the head to the muffler.
we are taking the buggy away over xmas, and will get some footage of the newly modifed frame in action too.

Rotn, that thing with NOS is gonna be SICK!!!!! What about running methanol as well (if your gonna kill it anyways?) I am comtemplating it with mine, as i really wanna go a V2 head and might as well do the barrel at the same time to a 184. We shall see..... Make sure you get some vid of that dude, gonna be awesome :)

i've run a copy VM26 on my sons stock 110 full auto Lifan before.
i didnt have any spare jets though, i ended up using a thin piece of wire from a wire brush.
i bent one end of it over at 90 degrees, put it through the 95 main jet, and then bent the other end at 90 degrees so it couldnt come out.
the buggy was quite responsive with it suprisingly, top end was much better too.
there are a couple of pics of it fitted in my dune buggy thread too iirc?

i have a spare 110 3V in pieces here, i want to swap that head setup onto the buggy at some stage.
i will give it a port job first though.
and also need to run a bigger exhaust from the head to the muffler.
we are taking the buggy away over xmas, and will get some footage of the newly modifed frame in action too.
Haha, your the man Craig, I love the wire thru the jet to restrict it and it works, very impressive. Def get vid of the dune buggy mate.

Rotn, that thing with NOS is gonna be SICK!!!!! What about running methanol as well (if your gonna kill it anyways?) I am comtemplating it with mine, as i really wanna go a V2 head and might as well do the barrel at the same time to a 184. We shall see..... Make sure you get some vid of that dude, gonna be awesome :)
Thanks dude, some young fellas here might have some avgas:) Mmmm. Will def get some vid with the contour and I have a custom big bore exhaust with a pitster pro x4r muffler to replace the stock restrictor, just replaced the rear China axle bearings with SKF good gear so they won't fail and need to weld some front steering mounts for strengthening as the others have had dramas. Cheers fellas

Last edited:
yep, gotta love the backyard/bush mechanics sometimes.
it was a quick way of checking the jetting.
it's also a bit quicker than soldering the jet up and redrilling it.....

Big jets and e85........or roo16 :D

Big jets and e85........or roo16 :D
Thanks dude, we only get e10 here, e85 is for you big city peeps lol. Roo16 looks like some sik stuff, it sounds like a great fuel mate.

E10 is actually alright, have seen tests of being 93-95ron and logging on cars has shown less detonation/knock. E85 you can buy in a barrel also, but the big benefit is really only shown if you can squeeze timing in it and the comp is up by at least 1 point.

Oh yeah roo is good stuff, can really lean on tuning with it.

Got the dry shot NOS kit today, just got to get the engine back in the jeep and plumb the fitting in the filter and find an easy spot for the trigger so i can juice her up.

Was going to up the jet in the jingke 19mm but may run a mikuni vm16 or a mikuni 26mm, either way i will try all 3 setups to find a good medium for the nos and non nos riding. But like the idea of being able to easily tune the idle mixture without it being a *****.
20121212_221114.jpg

i dont know what it has in the istructions that come with the kit.
but i've run quite a few bottle of NOS through my car over the years, race track stuff only.
if i was adding say 100hp of NOS into my motor, it needs about 80% of the volume of gas that your putting in, extra petrol at the same time to stop them running too lean,
not sure if i have explained it too well though.
if you wanted to keep using it, i'd recommend fitting a power jet into your carby.
something like this, but jetted down a touch.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160656368612?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

NOS is basically a cylinder filler, it helps to create more pressure in the cylinder, and gives you a bigger bang when the fuel ignites.
when you have it all set up, if you want to check it, give it a tiny bit (a 1/2 second burst) at mid throttle, the revs should increase a bit.
then when you want to give it a bit more of a try, make sure you only use it at wot, for about 2 or 3 seconds
then shut it down and do a plug check.
if it looks ok, try it again for a couple of seconds more, and check it again.

you may need to fit a colder plug so it doesnt melt them

Last edited:
Def will give short bursts to start mate, and I think a colder NGK plug is a c8hsa, and will only be hit at WOT. I now have a Lifan 125 1p54fmi big valve head on it, is it silly trying a mikuni 26 or go vm16? Thanks for the advice Craig much appreciated lad

I've had one of those nos kits on a pocket bike before and in longer(4-5) second bursts i had problems with the nos line freezing up, just letting you know of a problem you may have down the track

Thanks lil john, will def keep this in mind mate

wow this is f#@%&^ awesome why have i not seen this thread yet

Haha, cheers dude, its a blast it goes places you would not believe. Hoping to get some helmet cam footage tomorrow.

**** mick you didn't tell me you were sucking on the bottle. You have to bring it down when you come down. Can't wait to see a vid lol.

hell yeah we wanna see a video... i have been thinking of getting one of these for the 140 cause the yx150 eats it for breakfast... lol

Just uploading some vids now, was only a test and the contour lens was on a 4 degree angle so isnt perfectly horizontal and the guard i mounted it to had a little flex at lower revs and the fibre glass bonnet had a tiny rattle, next time i will do some 4wd and get my mate or brother to manually hold it and get some action shots as opposed to just a mounted view and not being able to see the jeep itself. As soon as they upload i will embed them on here.

Latest posts

Back